Completed Chernobyl (Miniseries) [HBO]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A

Starring Jared Harris, Stellan Skarsgård and Emily Watson, Chernobyl dramatizes the story of the 1986 nuclear accident — one of the worst man-made catastrophes in history — and the sacrifices made to save Europe from unimaginable disaster. Chernobyl premieres this May.
chernobyl-HBO.jpg

Watched the first 2 episodes and was very tempted to watch them all in one go, because it's just that good! Unfortunately I have other things to do though, so will have to continue with it another time.

Love how it doesn't mess around though and jumped into the nitty-gritty right from episode 1... very gripping and interesting (and sad, of course) stuff!

Watched the first 2 episodes and was very tempted to watch them all in one go, because it's just that good! Unfortunately I have other things to do though, so will have to continue with it another time.

Love how it doesn't mess around though and jumped into the nitty-gritty right from episode 1... very gripping and interesting (and sad, of course) stuff!

I did all 5 episodes over 2 days but actually had to force myself to do so as after the first 2 episodes I weren't really feeling it. For me the show really hits it's stride after the episodes that focus on the event are over and the aftermath comes to the forefront. On it's conclusion I actually went and watched the first episode or two again though lol

Fascinating watch especially when we're told everything seen in the show actually did happen (apart from Emily Watson's character who is an amalgamation of multiple real life characters). Actually been meaning to speak to my parents about their recollection of it all as while they're not Russian or anything would be interesting on what the rest of the worlds perspective was when it was all happening

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I did all 5 episodes over 2 days but actually had to force myself to do so as after the first 2 episodes I weren't really feeling it. For me the show really hits it's stride after the episodes that focus on the event are over and the aftermath comes to the forefront. On it's conclusion I actually went and watched the first episode or two again though lol

Fascinating watch especially when we're told everything seen in the show actually did happen (apart from Emily Watson's character who is an amalgamation of multiple real life characters). Actually been meaning to speak to my parents about their recollection of it all as while they're not Russian or anything would be interesting on what the rest of the worlds perspective was when it was all happening
I watched the third episode last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, although can understand why others wouldn't, as you explained. What I find interesting is how the government handled it though, because that's a side of the story I never heard before... it's genuinely disgusting and heartbreaking that those type of people were/are basically in control of so many innocent lives.