Children of the Corn Trilogy (4K+2D Blu-ray Limited Collector's Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

nutcaseshy

Steelbook Addict
Premium Supporter
Mar 25, 2013
London
Release date: September 27, 2021
Purchase links: Arrow Films - HMV - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £55.00 (Arrow) - £54.99 (HMV - Zavvi - Amazon)
Note: Only the first film has the 4K UHD disc. Parts 2 & 3 are standard Blu-rays.

9e6a71a8-7b3b-4a89-b99d-6a4a6413ce35.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely this can't be close to selling out. I thought the price was insane considering only one is 4k. I assumed there would be big discounts on it in the end like you often see with arrow boxsets. Does look like a nice set though.

Since they are bought by ZAVVI I noticed they are playing games with SOLD OUT - NOT SOLD OUT :) Donnie Darko was the same and few other titles

I don't think I've ever watched the sequels. How are they? Was going to only consider getting the first one.
I can assure you mate you ain't missing much :whistle:
Since they are bought by ZAVVI I noticed they are playing games with SOLD OUT - NOT SOLD OUT :) Donnie Darko was the same and few other titles
Yeah you're right they did the exact thing with DD and look it's still in stock now :cautious: I can't personally see this selling out that quickly, yeah it's a nice package but the other 2 films ain't worth the extra £££. They will leave this for a while then release a 4k steelbook for the first I bet :LOL:

Reactions: Graphic_Delusions
It's THG that has shares in Arrow Films not Zavvi
THG do not own arrow films outright as a business
They have majority shares and due to companies act when a parent company has majority shares with another company it must be registered as a business at parent company head office

THG is a group of companies all are run separately from each other

Zavvi and Arrow Films are separate business

Do you even know how many companies are part of THG

Arrow Video website is THG Ingenuity

It's THG that has shares in Arrow Films not Zavvi
THG do not own arrow films outright as a business
They have majority shares and due to companies act when a parent company has majority shares with another company it must be registered as a business at parent company head office

THG is a group of companies all are run separately from each other

Zavvi and Arrow Films are separate business

Do you even know how many companies are part of THG

Arrow Video USA website is run by Thg Ingenuity
OMG Paul, I know this. Still the modus operandi is the same with the SOLDOUT and TAX-VAT game for all THG subsidiaries and companies.

OMG Paul, I know this. Still the modus operandi is the same with the SOLDOUT and TAX-VAT game for all THG subsidiaries and companies.
It's not the same

Zavvi and arrow films are separate business

A new limited company was launched 21/05/2021
It's called THG Ingenuity
It's this company that now runs Arrow Films Websites and some other business that are part of THG Ingenuity

Part of the deal of Japan Softbank investment in THG was a new separate company be setup it's called THG Ingenuity
This is separate from THG (The HUT Group Limited which Zavvi are part of)

It's this investment from Japan Softbank that gave THG the ability to invest in other business some was purchase of companies outright and some was purchase of shares in companies
As part of this deal China Softbank can option to buy a 19.9% stake in THG Ingenuity

To effect the SBM investment, THG Ingenuity will be required to be a separate legal entity

I run a couple of business man, I know how it works. From what I can see right now NEW ARROW store looks like ZAVVI as of today, also nobody got their points back and they cancelled all preorders that are not being charged. When adding new items now in Arrow store it does not take down VAT nor the invoice contains VAT amount. So same **** as Zavvi, same business practices as all their sisters companies. Fake it with the taxes till you make it practices. Prove me different but it is funny to see that one WDPUNG from Korea that sells on eBAY has IOSS in place while those ZAVVI guys are just printing IOSS on the declaration with no IOSS number and with no proper VAT-TAX amount on the declaration itself. I even called our customs to complain and they said that it is incorrect and that nothing has been submitted on their account that shows that theyve paid the Taxes. If Zavvi does everything right as others they would SAY no to EACH VAT refund request but instead they immediately respond with YES, we will refund you, because still there are many packages that goes through unnoticed so it is extra cash for them. Honestly I dont care who is a mother company or a father company or a sister company here but what I care is that I want this to be fixed. Spent 3 hours today on VAT claims and damage claims with Zavvi.

I run a couple of business man, I know how it works. From what I can see right now NEW ARROW store looks like ZAVVI as of today, also nobody got their points back and they cancelled all preorders that are not being charged. When adding new items now in Arrow store it does not take down VAT nor the invoice contains VAT amount. So same **** as Zavvi, same business practices as all their sisters companies. Fake it with the taxes till you make it practices. Prove me different but it is funny to see that one WDPUNG from Korea that sells on eBAY has IOSS in place while those ZAVVI guys are just printing IOSS on the declaration with no IOSS number and with no proper VAT-TAX amount on the declaration itself. I even called our customs to complain and they said that it is incorrect and that nothing has been submitted on their account that shows that theyve paid the Taxes. If Zavvi does everything right as others they would SAY no to EACH VAT refund request but instead they immediately respond with YES, we will refund you, because still there are many packages that goes through unnoticed so it is extra cash for them. Honestly I dont care who is a mother company or a father company or a sister company here but what I care is that I want this to be fixed. Spent 3 hours today on VAT claims and damage claims with Zavvi.

My arrow points are in my account 180 points I had and is listed on Arrow new website
What has changed you need to earn more points to use credit on an order
The minimum required is 500 points to get £5.00 credit
Screenshot (287).png

Screenshot (288).png

IOSS number should not be listed on the parcel that not how it's to be done
IOSS number info should only be sent electronically to postal carrier used to ship parcel and the postal carrier give customs in delivery country that info
A barcode or QR Code should be on the parcel that contains the IOSS info

The VAT payment with IOSS system is done monthly not when parcels is shipped
Revenue in EU countries get that payment on a monthly basis

My postal carrier in Ireland has no issues with IOSS from Zavvi they just scan one of the barcodes on the parcel
Vat amount is listed on CN label on all my parcels from Zavvi since July 1st
It also list HS Tarrif code and country of origin details which must be listed on imported parcels from outside EU into Ireland otherwise parcel will be returned to sender regardless what other info is on CN label
My Zavvi parcels there is 2 barcodes at a minimum some had 3

The problem in some countries they not receving the info electronically from postal carrier the retailer used to ship the parcel but some countries have no issues receiving that info and it's not just Zavvi as it's been happening with some other retailers

Last edited:
I lost my used points. I had used 1600 points on Deep Red edition arte orginale but now my order is canceled and the product was sold out in a few hours after i got the email.

This is a catastrophe! How many people lost their used points? And why would they just cancel the pre order from loyal costumers on these very limited items?

Last edited:
So Ireland is the only country in EU that this actually works with the HUT BOYS :) So happy for you Paul.
It's not just Ireland a few other countries not having any issues with IOSS
Some countries having issues with IOSS but it's not happening in all countries

There been customers in Germany and some other countries not having any issues with IOSS on Zavvi orders

The issue is some countries not getting the IOSS electronic info from postal carrier a retailer using
Some is the postal carrier in delivery country not scanning barcode or QR code on parcels that contanis the info
Some is barcode is missing or covered by another item sticker etc

I lost my used points. I had used 1600 points on Deep Red edition Orginale but now my order is canceled and the product was sold out in a few hours after i got the email.

This is a catastrophe! How many people lost their used points? And why would they just cancel the pre order from loyal costumers on these very limited items?
THG don't use Worldpay to process Debit/Credit cards payments
The older arrow website used worldpay for debit/credit cards

Customers who used PayPal orders are fine

Deep Red edition Orginale should be back listed on arrow website for orders that was cancelled when that stock added back on the website
THG don't have live stock system that auto put stock back on system when an order is cancelled that has to be done manually
Reason you saw sold out is the stock not yet added back on website

I still have my reward points
I had 180 and still have

When you do a order and item is shipped that is when reward points is added to account
So if an order is cancelled you don't get any points for that order as it's not a item shipped

What has changed is how you can use your reward points you need to have a minimun of 500 before you get credit to use
When use redeme credit it expires after 14 days
So don't click use credit unless you planning on not cancelling an order

Note
On a separate matter
USA customers using Arrow Films UK website prices will be different to what customers based in UK and other countries see

If shipping is set to USA the price will change to RRP
This does not happen if shipping set to UK or other countries

Example a price of £18.99 customer who set shipping to USA will see £24.99

I sent arrow a message to fix this issue USA customer seeing

THG don't use Worldpay to process Debit/Credit cards payments
The older arrow website used worldpay for debit/credit cards

Customers who used PayPal orders are fine

Deep Red edition Orginale should be back listed on arrow website for orders that was cancelled when that stock added back on the website
THG don't have live stock system that auto put stock back on system when an order is cancelled that has to be done manually

I still have my reward points
I had 180 and still have

When you do a order and item is shipped reward points is added to account
So if an order is cancelled you don't get any points for that order as it's not a item shipped

What has changed is how you can use your reward points you need to have a minimun of 500 before you get credit to use

Note
On a separate matter
USA customers using Arrow Films UK website prices will be different to what customers based in UK and other countries see

If shipping is set to USA the price will change to RRP
This does not happen if shipping set to UK or other countries

Example a price of £18.99 customer who set shipping to USA will see £24.99

I sent arrow a message to fix this issue USA customer seeing
I am talking about the points i USED on my pre order. I've sent a message to Arrow and expect them to fix this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211002-121750_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20211002-121750_Gmail.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 65
I am talking about the points i USED on my pre order.
Arrow new system reward points used are not returned on cancelled orders

Once you have converted your points into credit, you have 14 days to spend the credit before it expires

So don't covert your reward points to credit unless you planning on using that credit before 14 days as happened

From what I can see on arrow website

Your collected points will expire after one year so please make sure you redeem them in good time so you don’t miss out.

I know you did not cancel the order yourself

I will message arrow to see if they will return reward points used as the cancellation of orders was not by customers but by arrow themselves

More info on the Arrow website changes I posted in arrow forum