Children of the Corn Trilogy (4K+2D Blu-ray Limited Collector's Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

nutcaseshy

Steelbook Addict
Premium Supporter
Mar 25, 2013
London
Release date: September 27, 2021
Purchase links: Arrow Films - HMV - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £55.00 (Arrow) - £54.99 (HMV - Zavvi - Amazon)
Note: Only the first film has the 4K UHD disc. Parts 2 & 3 are standard Blu-rays.

9e6a71a8-7b3b-4a89-b99d-6a4a6413ce35.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all three films
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of Children of the Corn
- Alternate cuts of Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice and Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest
- DTS-HD MA 5.1 and 2.0 audio options for all three films
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- 60-page perfect bound book featuring new writing by John Sullivan, Lee Gambin, Stacie Ponder, Craig Martin and Guy Adams
- Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin

DISC 1 - CHILDREN OF THE CORN (BLU-RAY / 4K UHD BLU-RAY)
- Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative by Arrow Films
- Audio commentary with horror journalist Justin Beahm and Children of the Corn historian John Sullivan
- Audio commentary with director Fritz Kiersch, producer Terrence Kirby and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
- Harvesting Horror: The Making of Children of the Corn – retrospective piece featuring interviews with director Fritz Kiersch and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
- It Was the Eighties! – an interview with actress Linda Hamilton
- Return to Gatlin – brand new featurette revisiting the film’s original Iowa shooting locations
- Stephen King on a Shoestring – an interview with producer Donald Borchers
- Welcome to Gatlin: The Sights and Sounds of Children of the Corn – an interview with production designer Craig Stearns and composer Jonathan Elias
- Cut from the Cornfield – an interview with the actor who played “The Blue Man” in the fabled excised sequence
- Theatrical Trailer
- Disciples of the Crow, a 1983 short film adaptation of Stephen King's short story

DISC 2 - CHILDREN OF THE CORN II: THE FINAL SACRIFICE (BLU-RAY)
- Two versions of the film: the International Cut, and the US Theatrical Cut with additional CGI and an alternate audio mix (via seamless branching)
- Brand new audio commentary by critics Matty Budrewicz and Dave Wain
- Brand new audio commentary by critic Lee Gambin, in conversation with director David Price
- A New Harvest, a brand new interview with director David Price
- Sowing the Seeds of Terror, a brand new interview with co-screenwriter A.L. Katz
- Framing Fear, a brand new interview with cinematographer Levie Isaacks
- Workprint version of the film
- Stills gallery
- Theatrical Trailer

DISC 3 - CHILDREN OF THE CORN III: URBAN HARVEST (BLU-RAY)
- Two versions of the film, the R-rated US Cut and the Unrated International Cut with extended ending (via seamless branching)
- Brand new audio commentary by critics Matty Budrewicz and Dave Wain
- Corn in the City, a brand new interview with screenwriter Dode Leveson
- Corn in the USA, a brand new visual essay by author and critic Guy Adams
- Early treatments, versions of the story from the development process
- Stills Galleries
- Theatrical Trailer

**Extras subject to change**

DISC 2 - CHILDREN OF THE CORN II: THE FINAL SACRIFICE
Two versions of the film: the International Cut, and the US Theatrical Cut
Workprint version of the film

... So 3 versions of the film ?

Nice looking set but not sure I want to spend that much on just the original in 4k as don't really care much for the other 2.

I'm a huge fan of the Children of the corn films! Been waiting for Arrow to put out a 4k release of the first movie but this boxset is even better. Ordered!!

I saw the image first and got excited for some kind of Arrow Led Zeppelin release

Yeah, that is my avatar. I don't know why it's showing that as the thread image.

i think you can edit the OP to show the image as the thumbnail. Otherwise it will just be that persons avatar

There's a 4K special edition for just the first movie.
Yeah I saw it, I also quite like the slip on that release.
Problem is with it being a US/CAN only release it ends up working out quite expensive.
I might just hold out and see if we get the single release here at some point.

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet and MM3
Is there a reason why still tons of Arrow releases from May onwards are not available on Amazon.co.uk for non UK people? Other labels are totally ok.

Is there a reason why still tons of Arrow releases from May onwards are not available on Amazon.co.uk for non UK people? Other labels are totally ok.
Amazon UK you need to wait until after release date for shipping to a delivery address outside UK

It's not just Arrow as It's been happening with various other labels releases especially with the smaller independent labels
Major film studio labels releases like Warner/Universal/Sony etc most not affected that is why you can do pre order with those releases

Some labels you see as available to order just before release date or need to wait until after

Arrow titles can be a good few weeks after release date and some be over a month for a delivery address outside UK

It's because Amazon won't know which warehouse will be getting stock until closer to release date or after
Some amazon UK warehouse not setup for shipping outside UK when UK left EU on January 1st

Stock has to be moved from UK to EU warehouse or to another UK warehouse and that results in a delay for customer based outside UK from doing an order on some releases
Some you dont see available for months or still be listed as unavailable as stock not been moved to another warehouse

The same happens for customers based in UK from doing a pre order on some releases from Amazon EU websites as in Amazon Germany/France/Italy etc
They see pre order listings as unavailable but customers based in EU can pre order

Listing gone from Arrow Films UK store that usually means they are sold out

If you not ordered yet I would suggest your order while stock still remains with Zavvi/Amazon/HMV