Slipbox City Lights (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.25) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: May 31, 2016
Purchase links:
PlainArchive.com
Dual Pack - City Lights + Modern Times
Triple Pack - Rust And Bone + City Lights + Modern Times
Price: $30.89 - $ 61.00 (Dual Pack) - $91.00 (Triple Pack)

13116376_875948542549629_3863189868587108673_o.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha deja vu. :p

Well, it's safe to say that my first Chaplin experience was a successful one. The boxing scene alone was the funniest thing in film that I've seen in a long time. Consider me a fan! :D

that is so nice to hear.

:thumbs:

Haha deja vu. :p

Well, it's safe to say that my first Chaplin experience was a successful one. The boxing scene alone was the funniest thing in film that I've seen in a long time. Consider me a fan! :D
We're glad you like it. I think Modern Times and The Gold Rush are superior films.

Reactions: Noodles
We're glad you like it. I think Modern Times and The Gold Rush are superior films.
Cool, I'm going to give Modern Times a watch later today. Will also add Gold Rush to my watchlist! :thumbs:

I really want to see The Great Dictator too, so will have to track down a copy of that. Would love for PA to do more Chaplin films in the same style as City Lights an Modern Times... they'd look amazing as a collection.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja and harry
los excellentos. if you want to buy premium versions criterion collection have those. tho they are region A
Would love to buy the Criterion editions, but yeah... region A is a no go for me since I don't have a region free player. (n)

However, I just ordered this Chaplin collection box set the other day... hopefully it'll arrive soon, as I can't wait to check out more of his work! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
wow. seems like a pretty definitive collection ! I'm sure it's up to par with criterion.

:thumbs:
I hope so! Although, I read somewhere that the transfer on one or two of the films in the set are a bit ropey in places... I guess I'll soon find out for myself.

Ordered these two along with still alice, never seen any chaplin movies before so hope my experience is as good as noodles :)
Hopefully you enjoy them as much as I did. Strange to think that almost two weeks ago I'd never seen a single Chaplin film, and yet I've now seen nine in the space of that time lol. I've loved every single one of them so far... even his short films are great! Do let us know what you think once you get around to watching them. :)