Classic Final Fantasy Games Megathread - 9 Coming to PSN!

Jan 29, 2009
ff7.jpg

Or play it on your PSP, even. That is, if you have a Japanese PSN account. Today, Square Enix released Final Fantasy VII International on the PlayStation Network.

Final Fantasy VII International is how Square Enix re-released the new and improved American version in Japan on the PlayStation. The International version featured improvements like on-screen arrows, an enhanced management system and an added cut scene that helped explain Cloud's past.

The Japanese language game is priced at ¥1,500 (US$14.93) on the PSN.

Source: Kotaku

Last edited:
Final Fantasy XI - Coming to PS3???

According to the latest Dengeki PlayStation Japanese gaming magazine, Square Enix is porting Final Fantasy XI to the Playstation 3. The MMORPG was already released on the PC, Playstation 2 and Xbox 360.

The port may end up being the first retail Square Enix game on the Playstation 3 with Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII still in development in addition to The Last Remnant falling off the radar.

Final Fantasy VII now on PSN; Final Fantasy Tactics coming to PlayStation Network

According to an ESRB rating, Final Fantasy VII is becoming a PSOne Classic in North America.

The original Playstation game was released in 1997 and is generally considered to be the most popular role-playing game ever. Sony Computer Entertainment America is once again publishing the game, this time for the PSP and Playstation 3. Final Fantasy VII is rated T for Comic Mischief, Mild Fantasy Violence and Mild Language.

No release date has been announced but it could be soon. With Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete coming out on June 2nd, a release of the PSOne Classic would make plenty of sense at the same time frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFVII reigns supreme on PSN

From a quick glance at PlayStation Store, it's clear that Final Fantasy VII remains a powerful name in gaming, even after all these years. The RPG that redefined the genre topped this week's paid PlayStation Network downloads, trailed by Resident Evil Director's Cut and Wolfenstein 3D respectively.

his week's top 10 PSN downloads are below.

Top Downloads

1. Final Fantasy VII (PSone Classic)
2. Resident Evil Director's Cut (PSone Classic)
3. Wolfenstein 3D (Full Game)
4. Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 1 (Add-on Content)
5. Trash Panic (Full Game)
6. Zen Pinball (Full Game)
7. Street Fighter Alpha 2 (PSone Classic)
8. "Linger" (Rock Band DLC)
9. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack (Add-on Content)
10. Medal of Honor (PSone Classic)
________
herbalaire vaporizer review

Last edited:
Final Fantasy Tactics coming to PlayStation Network

Game site One Last Continue recently made a new discovery using an old method: while searching the ESRB database, they found out that PlayStation One classic Final Fantasy Tactics was listed for the PlayStation 3 and PSP.

With the recent re-release of Final Fantasy VII on the PlayStation Network and the remake of FFT for the PSP in the form of Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, it?s no surprise that Final Fantasy Tactics is coming to PSN.

Released in the U.S. one year after Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Tactics featured Final Fantasy?s style and aesthetics in a grand storyline, but with the action centered in unit-based strategy. It was an excellent and well-reviewed game that still fetches a decent price on eBay. Here?s hoping that more excellent PS1 games by Square also make it to PSN.
________
Lovely Wendie

Last edited:
Tactics is seriously in my top 3 games ever. I have played it so many times. I'd like to download this but I still have the disk. Plus I know the game so well that I just demolish everything after like the 3rd mission:)

FFVII tops 100,000 downloads on PSN

Perhaps it should come as no surprise that Final Fantasy VII, arguably the best and most progressive RPG of its time, has become the fastest selling PSone title on the PlayStation Network. Since its addition to the North American PlayStation Store on June 2, FFVII has been downloaded more than 100,000 times for the PlayStation 3 and the PSP.

The classic Japanese role-playing game was originally released on the PlayStation in 1997. Within two weeks on the PlayStation Store, Square Enix and Sony Computer Entertainment sold 100,000 digital copies at the premium PSone Classics price of $9.99 USD.

In addition, Sony announced today that it plans to release more PSone classics, confirming Wild Arms 2, Mobile Light Force, and Spec Ops: Stealth Patrol. None of the forthcoming titles have release dates at this time.
________
Vapir no2

Last edited: