Cobra Dongle (USB) - Makes PS3 Region Free...

jimmy

Generator
Premium Supporter
May 4, 2010
UK...
Thinking of buying it...BUT....I want to know what you guys think ? Is it good ?

Overview : The Cobra USB will unlock all the features of your device without needing to open up your console and voiding your warranty, or damage the components. Just by inserting this USB, you can watch your Blu-Ray discs region free as well as play DVDs and Blu-Rays via ISO on your HDD. You will be able to play your PS1 ISO files as well as PS3 ISO files on your HDD or USB. The Cobra is compatible with fat and slim consoles from any region. As well this device can flash and upgrade your firmware to 3.55 and the downgrade back to regular firmware at will. It has a slick UI and customized options with easy navigation. Also it utilizes an onboard Actel based encryption engine to prevent device cloning. An added bonus is the easy mode selection via a switch allowing you to choose from PC update, PS3 downgrade and regular PS3 device mode.

Features:

Blu-Ray Movie region free functionality**
Allows you to play Blu-Ray movie ISO’s from HDD**
Allows you to play DVD movie ISO’s from HDD**
Integrated support to play PS1 game ISO’s from HDD**
Enjoy PS3 games with files >4GB on external USB HDD**
Integrated support to play PS2 ISO's on CECHC, CECHE, CECHA and CECHB backwards compatible consoles.
Partial support on other PS3 consoles to play PS2 ISO's via software emulation
Supports FAT and SLIM PS3 consoles any region
Supports versions up to 3.55
Unique custom Cobra firmware acts as OFW when dongle not inserted
Play PS3 games from internal HDD
PS3, PSX, DVD and Blu-Ray ISO's can now be played without a real disc inserted in the PS3
MCU firmware and flash firmware updateable using easy to use free PC updater
First class customer support and free regular firmware upgrades
No need to open your console, just plug and play
High quality components and materials used throughout
Unique and built from scratch Cobra USB manager featuring slick U.I. and customized options with easy navigation
Actel based encryption engine onboard to prevent device cloning
Fast onboard 2 Mbyte SPI flash for firmware storage
High quality onboard MCU
Easy mode selection via switch (PC update, PS3 downgrader, regular PS3 device mode)
Downgrader functionality included free of charge, allowing users to upgrade firmware to and from 3.41 at will.
Multi-lingual user interface (English, Spanish and French as standard with more languages to be supported later)
** = World's first implementation

Last edited:
Still nothing..... still no replies to emails (Jimmy is in the same boat as me)

I will be going ahead with a chargeback. If it was for a little bit more money I'd go and pay them a personal visit, but for the sake of £30 it's not worth it

Hmmmm..... thats too bad. I guess I would do the same at this point. You ordered directly from them or through a re-seller?

This is such a shame :(. The buggers could've made some serious $$$$ if this thing existed :lol:

Too bad I've got to keep looking for region free BRDs...

This thing exists, it's just the UK company selling them are a sack of sh$te!!

Hey bud... Im going to buy this soon from a N.A. seller here pretty soon. I guess I will end up reporting how it goes. Really want my PS3 to be region free. Sh^tty about the UK seller's sucking.

Reactions: ocielz
Well if you do manage to get one maybe you might fancy getting another and sending it over to the UK if it does work ;)

Right, I'm selling mine if anyone is interested?

Not took it out of the box since the day I got it and never got round to seeing if it actually worked. Now I've got a multi-region player this is of no use to me.

Price is £25 + postage :)