Color Out of Space (Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (HMV Exclusive - First Edition #4) [UK]

Robsonmonkey

Premium Supporter
Apr 25, 2013
Release date: April 6, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies. Includes 1 Disc Blu-ray Edition - UK only-artwork on Rigid card - Slipcase - Poster - Limited Edition Color Out of Space book by H.P. Lovecraft, with behind the scenes images from the film

2907CBAF-08E7-4878-A8E9-DA7DB27EDE1C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tridon
A rigid slip sounds more like it! Still need to check out the film first though.

My buddy did the physical effects for this and has just dm’d me to say the UK release won’t have the extras ( making of, deleted scenes ) the US version has .

I've preordered this cos I love this movie (I've got the 4K on the way from the US too), but I'm curious, is the "First Edition" logo thing a removable sticker?

Color Out of Space (hmv Exclusive) - First Edition #4

11BA8864-7EE0-417E-95D1-5ED518343D25.jpeg

• Introducing the hmv First Edition range, where the best new movies are given the best possible treatment. Strictly limited, each First Edition release comes in special packaging with added bonus content exclusive to these versions. Be first, only@hmv.

First Edition #4 Color Out of Space - Limited to 2000 copies.

A cosmic nightmare from the minds of H.P. Lovecraft and cult director, Richard Stanley, COLOR OUT OF SPACE follows Nathan Gardner (Nicolas Cage), Theresa Gardner (Joely Richardson) and their children, whose recent retreat to rural life crumbles when a meteorite crashes into their front yard. The mysterious aerolite melts into the earth, infecting both the land and the properties of space-time. Mutant technicolor flora start sprouting, and local animals begin to display bizarre deformities. Soon, the Gardner's realize that they too are susceptible to the extra-terrestrial pathogen, and must escape the contagion that has consumed their farm. With the help of a friendly hydrologist (Elliot Knight) and eccentric neighbour (Tommy Chong), the family attempts to battle a nebulous entity that they can barely begin to understand. What chance can a few humans have against a force capable of traversing the gulf between worlds, a nightmarish being that exists beyond the limits of the human spectrum?

Includes
    1 Disc Blu-ray Edition
    UK only-artwork on double walled Silver Board Slipcase
    Poster
    Limited Edition Color Out of Space book by H.P. Lovecraft, with behind the scenes images from the film

The US 4K UHD doesn't have HDR or decent sound on it, probably why they chose not to bother releasing it here.

The HMV stickers are usually outside the wrap as well so easy to remove

This any good? Not seen it yet

really bugs me that the U.K. title is ‘color’ yet the original short story is written by Lovecraft and spelt ‘Colour’. Which is also odd as he was American.

Reactions: MrSquifler
This any good? Not seen it yet

really bugs me that the U.K. title is ‘color’ yet the original short story is written by Lovecraft and spelt ‘Colour’. Which is also odd as he was American.
The first act really drags, the second act builds up and the third is insane. If you like cosmic horror then you'll probably like this. Also if you like seeing Cage go insane.

Reactions: Flloydo
This edition is a little underwhelming. Should have had 4K. A better edition will probably be out soon. Funny enough, I will be watching this tonight, so I'll know if this movie is worth collecting or not.

Reactions: MrSquifler
Didn't care for this movie. I guess I will pass on buying any editions of this film. Money saved.