Comp help

Apr 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
i was updating Kaspersky Internet Security to my sister computer, the newer version. yes i deleted the old version and it removed something that was going to conflict with it. when i went to register and update the database, it wouldn't. i soon discovered that when i click on IE that it won't go anywhere. the computer says i'm connected and my neices have AIM installed so i tried that and it worked just fine. i uninstalled Kaspersky figuring that would solve the problem and it didn't. the computer still says that i am connected to the internet, AIM works and i can't go anywhere on IE.

i'm at a loss and i feel bad cause i screwed something up on my sisters computer and normally i can figure things out. i spent an hour or so on the phone with verizon internet tech support, someone from india, and she ended up putting the service call on something, i forget what she called it, and they are SUPPOSE to call back tomorrow.

any ideas?

nevermind. after 3 hours AND TECH SUPPORT i figured it out myself. i found a remove tool, installed it, ran it, it did it's thing(whatever it was) and everything is okie dokie. anytime i have to call to verizon tech in the end i end up fixing it myself.

why do computers have to be a pain in the ass?