Hi-Def Audio Concert recommendations

I dont have any right now, and my choices probably wouldnt appeal to you but I should definitely be picking quite a few up this year as I've always only heard good things about blu-rays in concert. I downloaded the demo for Shakira a long time ago and when I buy a new peice for HT , speakers etc. I always play that to reference the speakers. Oh and she's hott as hell in the vid :)

Perhaps Led Zep if your a fan.

Yeah Zepplin would probably be sweet. But I really wanna see Within Temptation. I hear its looks and sounds amazing

I have KoRn: Live on the Other Side. I love it, I throw it on whenever I'm cleaning my room. My nephew loves it as well he dances to it, if you care what a 2 1/2 year old thinks, he highly recommends it.

I only have AC/DC: Live at Donington and must say that 5.1 PCM track is off the hook :) I am looking to get the Foo Fighters and import the Kanye West sometime this year.

Concert blu rays are superb for repeat value alone - can watch these many times over compared to films. Best ones I have include:

Beyonce - Las Vegas
Take That - The Circus or the O2 concert
The Killers - Live at Albert Hall
Queen - We Will Rock You
Police - Live

Just wish there were lots more to choose from.

Concert blu rays are superb for repeat value alone - can watch these many times over compared to films. Best ones I have include:

Beyonce - Las Vegas
Take That - The Circus or the O2 concert
The Killers - Live at Albert Hall
Queen - We Will Rock You
Police - Live

Just wish there were lots more to choose from.

You're right, I got the Shakira, Mariah Carey, & Soul Power ... might pick up Eminem's soon but hoping for some others.

Yeah Zepplin would probably be sweet. But I really wanna see Within Temptation. I hear its looks and sounds amazing

I have Within Temptation's Black Symphony blu-ray and it is AWESOME. :scat: The DVD included in the Black Symphony CD/DVD package isn't bad either. The audio on both is DTS Surround 96KHz/24bit.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

My favs include:

Blu-ray:
  • Within Temptation - Black Symphony (symphonic/gothic metal)
  • Heart - Alive in Seattle, Dreamboat Annie (80's rock)
  • Nightwish - End of an Era (symphonic/gothic metal)
  • Roy Orbison - A Black and White Night

Last edited:
GaryWW said:
I have Within Temptation's Black Symphony blu-ray and it is AWESOME. :scat: The DVD included in the Black Symphony CD/DVD package isn't bad either. The audio on both is DTS Surround 96KHz/24bit.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

My favs include:

Blu-ray:

[*]Within Temptation - Black Symphony (symphonic/gothic metal)
[*]Heart - Alive in Seattle, Dreamboat Annie (80's rock)
[*]Nightwish - End of an Era (symphonic/gothic metal)
[*]Roy Orbison - A Black and White Night

Where did you get the Within Temptation blu and is it region 1?