Mondo CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON by Jason Edmiston

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
From Jason, “THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON forever intrigues me. The combination of a mysterious origin, a doomed passion and a groundbreaking suit design presents a fascinating yet relatable character. He’s an easy choice as my favorite of the Universal Monsters. I created this poster by painting the portrait in acrylics. I then digitally separated the image into eight colors through a mix of transparent and opaque inks. The variant required an additional color to properly evoke the brightly painted packaging of the 1960’s Aurora Model Kits by the legendary James Bama. I love immersing myself in the classics and hope other monster kids join me as I dive into a full series celebrating these foundational films of the horror genre.”

1.jpg
CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON by Jason Edmiston. 24" x 36" Screenprinted Poster. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by DL Screenprinting. Expected to Ship in December 2019. Ships to Addresses in the US & Canada Only. $50

2.jpg
CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON (Variant) by Jason Edmiston. 24" x 36" Screenprinted Poster. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by DL Screenprinting. Expected to Ship in December 2019. Ships to Addresses in the US & Canada Only. $75