Aug 27, 2012
Kingdom of Bahrain
Release date: December 4, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon ES
Price:
€14.95

81c5z5r-IcL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole Spain bootleg issue is weird (especially considering the titles they've been doing...)
FP itself is really really good suprisingly - the "bonus" spine magnet is appalling though (about 5 times thicker than it needs to be and poor quality artwork) and the jcard is held on with the worst glue strip I've ever seen - its like double sided tape and a pain in the arse to remove...

Reactions: Robles and DMD4k
What does it mean exactly, bootleg? It looks like any other FuturePak :confused:
Resen releases are unlicensed and therefore should be considered pirated materials
Resen copy contents of official Blu-ray releases from other labels without their permission and don't pay any licence fees with that label

Bootleg is a unlicensed release
A label that has not paid for the rights to do a release with the rights holder of the film.
A lot of bootlegs are copies of other official distributors releases.
Basically it's stealing

Film rights holder and actors etc do not get paid any royalties with bootleg releases.

A lot of releases in Spain are bootlegs and is why prices are low with these releases.
Amazon and other retailers should not be selling these releases as they are illegal copies of other labels licenced releases

If you purchase bootlegs you are funding criminals.

Bootleg releases are unlicensed releases as in pirated content same as if someone decided to rip copy-protected content from a blu-ray disc and selling copies of that disc
Bootleg is basically theft of material from rights holder.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Billy Talent
Note
This is a bootleg

Looks OK but I will not purchase bootleg releases

How Spain still gets away with selling bootlegs I find strange

How do you know it's a bootleg? Not saying it's not a bootleg, but I find it strange that Amazon would knowingly/unknowingly sell bootlegs. From what I can see, Amazon is selling these directly. Weird.

How do you know it's a bootleg? Not saying it's not a bootleg, but I find it strange that Amazon would knowingly/unknowingly sell bootlegs. From what I can see, Amazon is selling these directly. Weird.
Amazon Spain dont care they been told lots of times various listings are bootlegs.

Resen releases are bootlegs
There are few others from different labels also that are bootlegs

Lot of bootlegs are pressed discs and some are BD-R

Spain is known for selling bootlegs has been for years

I recently bought True Lies on bluray from amazon spain, Im 100% for official releases and against bootlegs but James cameron has taken the piss with how long he has taken to release the movie along with the abyss.

Its a factory pressed disc, but its blatantly unlicensed. The audio is fantastic though and the picture quality is the best you will get on physical media until an official release appears.

I just wish many company's and directors would not drag their feet for so long to release catalogue titles on bluray then there would be no need to buy these unlicensed discs.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I recently bought True Lies on bluray from amazon spain, Im 100% for official releases and against bootlegs but James cameron has taken the piss with how long he has taken to release the movie along with the abyss.

Its a factory pressed disc, but its blatantly unlicensed. The audio is fantastic though and the picture quality is the best you will get on physical media until an official release appears.

I just wish many company's and directors would not drag their feet for so long to release catalogue titles on bluray then there would be no need to buy these unlicensed discs.
As there's no official blu ray for True Lies I thought it could only be the studio that would release the transfer as its their property.

How are these cowboys getting their hands on something that hasn't actually been released to the public?

As there's no official blu ray for True Lies I thought it could only be the studio that would release the transfer as its their property.

How are these cowboys getting their hands on something that hasn't actually been released to the public?
I honestly have no idea, but i watched it last Night and the bluray’s video quality was very good for a unlicensed release and the 5.1 sound was awesome.

Reactions: BluSteel2012