Crimes of the Future (2022) (4K + Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 11, 2023
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99 (Second Sight) - £40.43 (Amazon) - £40.99 (Zavvi - HMV)

Crimes of The Future.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh great, I held off of buying the current French release with a booklet.

IMO was not very much body horror. More like drama.
There's actually more body horror, than in his other films, but somehow it's underwhelming, slow, and boring.
Maybe I'll like it a second time more...

Really interesting how most people here seemed to enjoy the film. For me it was one of the worst films I've seen in 2022, the acting alone was just plain awful, not even to mention the story. But that's different tastes for you.

Really interesting how most people here seemed to enjoy the film. For me it was one of the worst films I've seen in 2022, the acting alone was just plain awful, not even to mention the story. But that's different tastes for you.
Kirsten stewart was the only bad performance, since Lea Seydoux always gives bad performances it is not not even noticeable.
Won't say it needs a second vewing. I had to digest this movie, 48h after can say i liked it.

Nope.

Still huge nope. Nothing to do with horror.
You don't consider a movie that deals with autopsy, organ removal and body mutation as "body horror" how would you categorize it ?

Even definition wise the movie is spot on horror...

Characteristics. The horror film is defined by The Dictionary of Film Studies as representing "disturbing and dark subject matter, seeking to elicit responses of fear, terror, disgust, shock, suspense, and, of course, horror from their viewers."

Reactions: Billy Talent
Ok so after watching the trailer it looks like a extremely disgusting body horror, typical cronenberg style.
Don't think I can stomach this movie but gotta have this second sight edition.

Reactions: Jocelin
If you approach this film waiting for wall to wall body horror gore you are going to be disappointed (even though there are horrific images portrayed in the film) What is truly most horrfying about the film is the dystopian future that it portrays. A society that has become warped, perverted, cold and devoid of some of its soul. I loved the film for its deliciously dark depiction of a warped future and Cronenberg's signature cold, detached dialogue scenes.

Last edited:

To complete my second sight collection, I once made the mistake on missing out on The Witch.
I dont wanna regret missing out on another SS release and paying after market prices for it, luckily someone on here sold it to me:D
I got the entire David cronenberg collection, so will have to add this to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jocelin