Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Cruella (2020)

Genre: Comedy

Director: Craig Gillespie

Cast: Emma Stone, Dev Patel

Release: 2020-12-23

Plot: The evil exploits of Cruella de Vil, the villain from 101 Dalmatians.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
In 2020, “Cruella,” a live-action “101 Dalmatians” spin-off, will launch Dec. 23 ahead of the long holiday weekend.

via Variety

Love the sound of this, keep the live actions coming :thumbs:

Emma Thompson in Talks to Join Emma Stone in Disney’s ‘Cruella’

emma-thompson-cruella.jpg

Emma Thompson is in early talks to star opposite Emma Stone in the Disney’s “Cruella,” a live-action origin story based on the classic “101 Dalmatians” villain Cruella de Vil.

“I, Tonya” director Craig Gillespie is helming the film with Marc Platt, Kristin Burr and Andrew Gunn producing.

De Vil, who will be played by Stone in the new pic, is the villain who was obsessed with capturing the puppies in the 1961 animated classic “101 Dalmatians.” Glenn Close played the baddie in the 1996 live-action film produced by John Hughes, in which her character was also the head of a fashion house.

It’s currently unknown where this movie will pick up in de Vil’s timeline, as is the role Thompson would be playing.

Tony McNamara penned the most recent version of the script with Dana Fox writing a previous draft. Disney recently announced the film would be released on Dec. 23, 2020, signaling the project’s pre-production.

This wouldn’t be the first time that Thompson’s taken a role in one of Disney’s live-action adaptations. She previously played Mrs. Potts in 2017 box office smash “Beauty and the Beast,” and also played “Mary Poppins” author P.L. Travers in “Saving Mr. Banks” alongside Tom Hanks.

Thompson has a busy summer ahead of her with Amazon Studios comedy “Late Night” and “Men in Black: International,” both of which bow on June 7. She is repped by CAA and Hamilton Hodell.

via Variety

This looks fantastic. All over it

Stones hair and costume is on point

Reactions: Drum18
Emma Stone looks brilliant as Cruella :thumbs:
Looking forward to this :D

Reactions: Flloydo
Glad she seems to be actually evil as opposed to what they did with Maleficent.

I didn't get evil vibes from her in that trailer at all unfortunately, more Harley Quinn kinda messed up in the head vibes

Still looking forward to seeing more from this though

I didn't get evil vibes from her in that trailer at all unfortunately, more Harley Quinn kinda messed up in the head vibes

Still looking forward to seeing more from this though
Def Harley vibes. Still more "evil" and closer to the cartoon then Jolie in Maleficent...clearly I am still bitter about them turning the darkest, baddest Disney villain into a softie haha

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database