Crysis 2 Megathread - E3 Trailer Up! Full Stereoscopic 3D! Coming this Winter!

Jan 29, 2009
Crysis, the gorgeous sci-fi shooter from German developer Crytek Frankfurt, is a PC game. So is its sequel, Crysis 2 — that, and an Xbox 360 and a PS3 game.

The game is the second entry in the planned Crysis triology and will be published by EA. "The development of Crysis 2 marks a major stepping stone for our studio," said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. "This is not only the next game in the Crysis franchise, it's the first title we are developing for consoles and the first title being built on CryENGINE 3."

No word on a release date.

crysis_2_ps3box.jpg

E3 Trailer!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/50l0A9C6ux4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/50l0A9C6ux4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>​

Screens:

Crysis_2_Killzone_2_4.jpg

Crysis_2_Killzone_2_3.jpg

Crysis_2_Killzone_2_2.jpg

Crysis_2_Killzone_2_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
definitely expect them to deliver on the graphics end for this game. I played the first game on med-low settings 2 years ago and i still feel like it was the best looking FPS ive EVER played. maybe even best graphics overall.

the question im more interested in is how else are they going to distinguish this game from the rest of the masses in the FPS genre. im sure the campaign will be great, but if im gonna buy this game it needs to have an addicting and original MP.

I think that really proves how brilliant GG is... I prefer the art direction and everything in Killzone 2 than Crysis, Crytek are impressive PC wise but on consoles they won't be able to out due Sony's development teams.

I think that really proves how brilliant GG is... I prefer the art direction and everything in Killzone 2 than Crysis, Crytek are impressive PC wise but on consoles they won't be able to out due Sony's development teams.

Well I honestly don't think there are many developers as brilliant as Crytek's, their history on PC only gives you more prove. I am curious of what they are going to bring to the table though. GG are very good devs but I am sure Crytek can match them.

Well I honestly don't think there are many developers as brilliant as Crytek's, their history on PC only gives you more prove. I am curious of what they are going to bring to the table though. GG are very good devs but I am sure Crytek can match them.

I really hope they can surprise me... I wasn't really impressed with the console footage that was recently released.

I really hope they can surprise me... I wasn't really impressed with the console footage that was recently released.

Their last game that was impressive was the first Crysis, after that flopped they've been forced to create a dumbed down engine to be able to port to consoles that's what you might have seen. Although Crysis 2 is in the middle of dev so who knows hopefully is clean by time it hit stores.

yah you can count on Crytek bringing the bang when it comes to graphics. im not sure it they will out-do GG, but they should land somewhere close for sure

Countdown site is live

Continuing to set in motion the hype machine for Crysis 2, EA and Crytek have posted a countdown on the URL www.sosnewyork.com. The countdown will end at 12AM EST on April 10th. While we are uncertain as to what the countdown is leading up to exactly, it might have something to do with a recent twitter post from EAPolska that stated a Crysis 2 video will be released on April 9th.

Crysis 2 to set new visual benchmark on PS3, says dev

Michael Gluck, lead PS3 programmer at Crytek, has boasted that the company aims to set a new graphical benchmark on Sony’s black box with its eagerly anticipated sequel, Crysis 2.

Speaking during a chinwag with Play magazine, Gluck commented, “With each generation of game titles on PS3, usually every 2 years, the games improve significantly in its quality, mostly showing off in graphics.”

“I think with Crysis 2 you will see the quality bar being set at a very high level that games will struggle to excel. We’re aiming to set a whole new benchmark with that game for all PS3 games.”

However, Gluck further added that any possible sequels would unlikely benefit from any significant visual improvements, though it would still look suitably polished in all areas:

“Still with an AAA title shipped on PS3, you get the chance to improve further, so the next game developed with CryEngine 3 after Crysis 2 on PS3 will not be worse and rather be more polished and have higher quality in all areas. However, it is unlikely to see a major improvement in graphics as we try to not cut any graphical feature and rather optimize it until it becomes feasible. So I expect more density of game elements, physic effect, more interaction, but the major graphics quality will not be significantly improved."

Box art revealed

Following yesterday’s revelation of a possible release window for Electronic Arts and Crytek’s forthcoming Crysis 2, Electronic Theatre has today received the box art for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC versions of the title. Crysis 2 is the follow-up to 2007’s groundbreaking Crysis, and is expected to have just as big an impact.

Aliens are invading once again in Crysis 2, and it’s up to the player and their combat enhancement technology of the future, the Nanosuit 2, to save the day. Set in New York, Crysis 2 is a long way from the dense jungle environments of the first title, and the player will face all-new challenges and avenues for experimentation with the unique abilities of the Nanosuit 2.

Today’s updated box art may not be the final design, but does reveal a couple of previously unannounced and particularly interesting facts about the game. Firstly, it seems that Crytek are intending to deliver a very maturely themed title, with the expectation that Crysis 2 will receive a PEGI 18 certificate in Europe. Further to this, the PC version’s heading suggests that Crysis 2 will not be utilising Microsoft’s Games for Windows client, as the first title did. Crysis 2 is currently in development utilising Crytek’s proprietary CryENGINE 3, and will be available simultaneously on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC later this year. Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest details on the Crysis franchise.

electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/industry-news/4637-crysis-2-box-art-released-reveals-new-details

crysis_2_ps3box.jpg

Wanna get your hot little hands on the Crysis 2 Beta? Well, that makes you and a few million others. But as Jim Carrey once said in response to similar odds in the film Dumb and Dumber, “so you’re saying I’ve got a chance!”

EA is relaunching it’s Official Crysis 2 Website tomorrow at 12:00PM (CET), and if you sign up on the new website, you may be eligible for a play through of the Crysis 2 Beta. There is no information on what platforms, time frames, release dates, or even how big the beta is, but one thing is for sure, it’s going to be maximum awesome.

A blurb from the website reads;

“Looking to get your hands on Crysis 2 early? Now is your chance! Early registrations will be tracked, and our first wave of users will have a chance to win a key as and when the Crysis 2 beta takes place. All you need to do is sign up early and one day in the near future you may be receiving a mail with an invite to the game.”

Look for a future update from Ripten letting you know when the Beta is official up!

Crysis 2 will be playable in 3D, says Crytek

Crytek has confirmed that its hotly anticipated shooter Crysis 2 will be getting the 3D treatment when it hits stores later this year.

According to the developer, the sequel will be playable in 3D for both the single player and multiplayer modes. The news comes ahead of publisher Electronic Arts’ E3 press conference tomorrow.

Chatting with USA Today, Crytek’s Cevat Yerli commented, "The success of 3D movies like Avatar and the introduction of 3D TVs from the hardware manufacturers tells us that this is the next big movement in entertainment, much like HD was years ago."

“For games especially, 3-D gives gamers an increased level of immersion, which can enhance an intense experience like Crysis 2."

PC Demo crashes to desktop

Heres some footage of the demo shown to IGN. Its on PC, but still is pretty cool cause it shows actual game play.

Also, around 5:30 the demo crashes to the desktop! :ohno:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZeCgUzLzrZo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZeCgUzLzrZo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Crysis 2 falls back to early 2011

It appears Crysis 2 has been pushed back to the first quarter of 2011, according to EA’s financial report. The game, from developer Crytek, was originally given a holiday release, meaning Q4 2010, but now it appears we won’t get our hands on the game until the first quarter of 2011.

You can expect to hear more about Crysis 2 at Gamescom, but in the meantime it looks like January, February and March of 2011 are going to be very busy with big games like Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, and now Crysis 2 getting released during those months.

^^^ looks good. i enjoyed the first game on PC. the multiplayer wasnt great, but not a bad campaign. loved the stealth aspects of it. i played it a bit like a MGS game in that i would sneak through forest/waters and take down enemies covertly rather than run and gun. it slowed the game down and make it more exciting.