Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: April 16, September 17, November 19, December 10, 2020
Purchase Links:
PS4
XB1
PC

Cyberpunk 2077 is a role-playing video game that was first announced last year, based on the Cyberpunk series of pen-and-paper games. The game is being produced by CD Projekt RED, developers of The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

Cyberpunk 2077 will feature a decadent futuristic world in which ultra-modern technology co-exists with a degenerated human society. The game aims to be a mature, ambitious title with character customization being strongly tied to the plot. It will have a non-linear story with different character classes.

Cyberpunk 2077 tells the tale of how advancement went hand-in-hand with the decay of society. In the game, players will walk the streets of Night City as an individual, who was raised on the streets and is trying to better himself.

The city is not a nice place to be due to drugs, violence, poverty and exclusion. The streets are also filled with junkies addicted to a drug known as "the braindance," which provides the illusions of giving someone a more exciting life.

Unfortunately there was no date given in the video below, however the game is expected to arrive before 2015.

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There's carnage, and the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they're not always able to get the job done.

When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the Psycho Squad.

cp.jpg
cyberpunk.png

Last edited by a moderator:
CD Projekt RED is pealing off games like it's nothing.They just said they had three unannounced titles in development and they are currently working on this and The Witcher 3.

Honestly, this has been the stand out announcement for me so far during E3. I'm surprised to see no one discussing it...

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Honestly, this has been the stand out announcement for me so far during E3. I'm surprised to see no one discussing it...

Many are disappointed in the apparent tonal shift. The original trailer was moodier and darker, I think people were expecting Blade Runner overtones and this kinda looks more like cyberpunk by way of Sunset Overdrive/Overwatch/Watch Dogs 2 or something. It's just a bit too bright and cheery? :wow: I'm still interested in it but at first glance it doesn't appear to be the neo-noir style I was really anticipating. Of course its open world so maybe we'll also get those smoggy nighttime rain slick environments too when it cycles around to evening in the world. And to be fair even BR 2049 doesn't honestly look much like I wanted and it still turned out well so.. I won't count it out just yet. Need to see some gameplay and what it involves though.

Many are disappointed in the apparent tonal shift. The original trailer was moodier and darker, I think people were expecting Blade Runner overtones and this kinda looks more like cyberpunk by way of Sunset Overdrive/Overwatch/Watch Dogs 2 or something. It's just a bit too bright and cheery? :wow: I'm still interested in it but at first glance it doesn't appear to be the neo-noir style I was really anticipating. Of course its open world so maybe we'll also get those smoggy nighttime rain slick environments too when it cycles around to evening in the world. And to be fair even BR 2049 doesn't honestly look much like I wanted and it still turned out well so.. I won't count it out just yet. Need to see some gameplay and what it involves though.
Yup, I noticed that too. But like you said... hopefully that's just another part of its "world". The latest trailer still really excited me anyway. :)