Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: April 16, September 17, November 19, December 10, 2020
Purchase Links:
PS4
XB1
PC

Cyberpunk 2077 is a role-playing video game that was first announced last year, based on the Cyberpunk series of pen-and-paper games. The game is being produced by CD Projekt RED, developers of The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

Cyberpunk 2077 will feature a decadent futuristic world in which ultra-modern technology co-exists with a degenerated human society. The game aims to be a mature, ambitious title with character customization being strongly tied to the plot. It will have a non-linear story with different character classes.

Cyberpunk 2077 tells the tale of how advancement went hand-in-hand with the decay of society. In the game, players will walk the streets of Night City as an individual, who was raised on the streets and is trying to better himself.

The city is not a nice place to be due to drugs, violence, poverty and exclusion. The streets are also filled with junkies addicted to a drug known as "the braindance," which provides the illusions of giving someone a more exciting life.

Unfortunately there was no date given in the video below, however the game is expected to arrive before 2015.

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There's carnage, and the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they're not always able to get the job done.

When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the Psycho Squad.

cp.jpg
cyberpunk.png

Last edited by a moderator:
They may as well just scrap this on current consoles and use it as a launch title for next-gen... would tempt more folks in to making the jump IMO.
Make you right there mate, as tempted as I am to pick up a next-gen straight away I can't see any reason to jump ship especially now that I'm not the gamer that I used to be.
Any of the games that I'm looking forward to playing are all coming out on the current consoles ( Well at least I think they are :spoil: )so really see no reason to change over.

Make you right there mate, as tempted as I am to pick up a next-gen straight away I can't see any reason to jump ship especially now that I'm not the gamer that I used to be.
Any of the games that I'm looking forward to playing are all coming out on the current consoles ( Well at least I think they are :spoil: )so really see no reason to change over.
Same mate. Should've pointed out that I wasn't speaking for myself with that previous comment by the way... no game could convince me to purchase a PS5 any time soon. TLOU2 was the last game I was really looking forward to, and I'm honestly not sure if I'll even bother with gaming any more.

Reactions: Robles
Sad to say I've lost all interest in this and gaming in general. I watch the new trailers/gameplay and know it should be a game I'm excited for, but it just doesn't do anything for me any more... getting old sucks lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Thoth and tridon
Sad to say I've lost all interest in this and gaming in general. I watch the new trailers/gameplay and know it should be a game I'm excited for, but it just doesn't do anything for me any more... getting old sucks lol.
As much as I can really get into games anymore.:wow: I Aint gonna lie this does look bloody good tho :spoil: :rofl: :thumbs:

As much as I can really get into games anymore.:wow: I Aint gonna lie this does look bloody good tho :spoil: :rofl: :thumbs:
A few months ago I would've agreed, and even shared my excitement in this thread. The constant delays have diminished any of that though, along with the fact that I have other interests/hobbies now I guess.

Yeah, I agree with that mate, I find that I end up doing other things than now jumping on a game. I can normally have then sat there for weeks before I even bother with them hence the reason I don't really bother picking them up now unless the kids want them.

I'm still looking forward to this, but that last trailer really just gave me a futuristic, first-person Grand Theft Auto vibe... which is not what I was hoping for. I was hoping for something more in the shadows like Deus Ex.

The hype so big for this one, I hope it is going to raise up to it's expectations.

I wish it had 3rd person view tho' but from the looks of the trailers so far it's going to be first person only.

The hype so big for this one, I hope it is going to raise up to it's expectations.

I wish it had 3rd person view tho' but from the looks of the trailers so far it's going to be first person only.
That's something I feel should be available, too. They keep banging on about character customisation, but if it's first person only, then you're never going to see what your character looks like anyway.

Reactions: Robles and Thoth
That's something I feel should be available, too. They keep banging on about character customisation, but if it's first person only, then you're never going to see what your character looks like anyway.
Yeah it seems a pretty pointless feature if it’s only going to be 1st person.

Reactions: Noodles
Yeah it seems a pretty pointless feature if it’s only going to be 1st person.
What makes it even more annoying is they're probably only sticking to first person because of VR (rumour has it that's also why it's been delayed again). Do people even care that much about VR? Always just seemed like a gimmick to me.

What makes it even more annoying is they're probably only sticking to first person because of VR (rumour has it that's also why it's been delayed again). Do people even care that much about VR? Always just seemed like a gimmick to me.
Meh, I have no interest in any console VR TBH and think it has the potential to ruin the game.

Played it once on the PS4 and was personally in no rush to have another go :rofl: :whistle:

Meh, I have no interest in any console VR TBH and think it has the potential to ruin the game.

Played it once on the PS4 and was personally in no rush to have another go :rofl: :whistle:
I've never tried VR and have no interest in ever doing so.

I've never tried VR and have no interest in ever doing so.
A mate of mine was one of those that had to have it when it first came out for the PS4 and couldn't wait for people to see it :whistle: Had a little go then and thought it was Shite, he then changed it awhile later as i think a newer version came out or something along those lines and it was still not my cup of tea :rofl::whistle:

I can personally see why Xbox have never bothered with one :rofl::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
I personally tried VR twice. Was not my intention to buy it but I had one in my possession for a few weeks during which I tried it twice. I did not mind it to be honest and I found the few games I tested well made. I tried RE7 during which I **** my pants after 10 minutes so took it off and Gran Turismo Sport which was also quite good (Possibly could be so much better if you have the full setup with steering wheel and pedals.)

And even tho’ I was surprised how well it was working I still haven’t bothered buying one. It’s too much work to setup and too many wires and stuff. I prefer lay back on my comfy sofa or bed

Reactions: Robles and Noodles
I personally tried VR twice. Was not my intention to buy it but I had one in my possession for a few weeks during which I tried it twice. I did not mind it to be honest and I found the few games I tested well made. I tried RE7 during which I **** my pants after 10 minutes so took it off and Gran Turismo Sport which was also quite good (Possibly could be so much better if you have the full setup with steering wheel and pedals.)

And even tho’ I was surprised how well it was working I still haven’t bothered buying one. It’s too much work to setup and too many wires and stuff. I prefer lay back on my comfy sofa or bed
I get the impression a lot ended up feeling the same... the fun factor quickly wore off and it just became a hassle to set up every time. That's what happened to me when those steering wheels first became a thing back in the day lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Thoth and Robles