Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: April 16, September 17, November 19, December 10, 2020
Purchase Links:
PS4
XB1
PC

Cyberpunk 2077 is a role-playing video game that was first announced last year, based on the Cyberpunk series of pen-and-paper games. The game is being produced by CD Projekt RED, developers of The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

Cyberpunk 2077 will feature a decadent futuristic world in which ultra-modern technology co-exists with a degenerated human society. The game aims to be a mature, ambitious title with character customization being strongly tied to the plot. It will have a non-linear story with different character classes.

Cyberpunk 2077 tells the tale of how advancement went hand-in-hand with the decay of society. In the game, players will walk the streets of Night City as an individual, who was raised on the streets and is trying to better himself.

The city is not a nice place to be due to drugs, violence, poverty and exclusion. The streets are also filled with junkies addicted to a drug known as "the braindance," which provides the illusions of giving someone a more exciting life.

Unfortunately there was no date given in the video below, however the game is expected to arrive before 2015.

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There's carnage, and the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they're not always able to get the job done.

When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the Psycho Squad.

cp.jpg
cyberpunk.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually getting excited to play this again now. Completing God of War recently resparked something for me I reckon. :D

Well, it's good news on my behalf lol. I was really struggling paying off the Collector's Edition in November xD

But could also be good for them I suppose, less releases to compete with in December.

As much as I'm looking forward to this I don't actually mind that it has been delayed again, I have quite a few games at the moment to get through and with the release of Watchdogs and Cold war only around the corner ill have plenty to keep me busy until this has been released.

Seen a lot of frustrated folks on Twitter annoyed that they booked time off work to play this on/around Nov 19 due to CDPR personally promising them that there'd be no more delays... now they're backtracking and apologising. Obviously the best thing to do would've been not to make any promises in the first place. Can't say I'm the least bit surprised it's been delayed again though tbh.

Reactions: Robles
Seen a lot of frustrated folks on Twitter annoyed that they booked time off work to play this on/around Nov 19 due to CDPR personally promising them that there'd be no more delays... now they're backtracking and apologising. Obviously the best thing to do would've been not to make any promises in the first place. Can't say I'm the least bit surprised it's been delayed again though tbh.
yeah agree Mate, worst thing to do is promise they know how serious Gamers take the release of a new game especially something as big as this.

People would have booked time off of work, Damn it would have been the sort of thing I would have done years back HAHA and it would have pissed me off if it wasn't being released when originally said.

Delay seem to be quite a common thing now tho so really it maybe should have been expected :thumbs:

Either way, I quite looking forward to this :D

Reactions: Noodles
yeah agree Mate, worst thing to do is promise they know how serious Gamers take the release of a new game especially something as big as this.

People would have booked time off of work, Damn it would have been the sort of thing I would have done years back HAHA and it would have pissed me off if it wasn't being released when originally said.

Delay seem to be quite a common thing now tho so really it maybe should have been expected :thumbs:

Either way, I quite looking forward to this :D
Haha same mate... I remember faking being sick when at school and then booking time off work for new games. Mostly GTA! :D

Have to say I'm somewhat excited for this again. Keep feeling like I want to jump on a game lately, but been too busy with work. Will be nice to sit down and hopefully play this around Xmas once things settle down.

Haha same mate... I remember faking being sick when at school and then booking time off work for new games. Mostly GTA! :D

Have to say I'm somewhat excited for this again. Keep feeling like I want to jump on a game lately, but been too busy with work. Will be nice to sit down and hopefully play this around Xmas once things settle down.
HAHA, yeah GTA was definitely a vice for me when one was released :LOL: I remember queuing up at midnight for the release of both 4 and 5 :thumbs: ****, those were the days of not moving from the screen for hours, only moving for a toilet break and food.:whistle:

Yeah I'm looking forward to this one, I've been looking for a big game to get into and I was looking to get Watchdogs but my boy wanted the collector's edition for Christmas so that's off the cards until then, plus I wanted something a little different so I'm hoping that this will be it :thumbs:

The world they've created looks amazing! Can't wait to explore it. What's up with the character movements though... they all look so robotic now, and their mouths don't even come close to moving in line with what they're saying, so the dialogue almost feels as if it's coming from elsewhere IMO. I also noticed the number of NPCs has been dramatically reduced since previous videos, which is kinda worrying, as that usually means other things have been cut back too.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lone Crusader
The world they've created looks amazing! Can't wait to explore it. What's up with the character movements though... they all look so robotic now, and their mouths don't even come close to moving in line with what they're saying, so the dialogue almost feels as if it's coming from elsewhere IMO. I also noticed the number of NPCs has been dramatically reduced since previous videos, which is kinda worrying, as that usually means other things have been cut back too.
I wonder if Sony required a certain number of frame rates or above to use with the system, which would require some of those things to be omitted. You gotta remember that the PS4 can only handle so much and that's what it's mostly geared to. I'm sure it'll work with the next gen consoles though so maybe that's why they say there will be a generous upgrade next year for those new consoles. IDK, just speculating here but that would be my guess.