Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: April 16, September 17, November 19, December 10, 2020
Purchase Links:
PS4
XB1
PC

Cyberpunk 2077 is a role-playing video game that was first announced last year, based on the Cyberpunk series of pen-and-paper games. The game is being produced by CD Projekt RED, developers of The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

Cyberpunk 2077 will feature a decadent futuristic world in which ultra-modern technology co-exists with a degenerated human society. The game aims to be a mature, ambitious title with character customization being strongly tied to the plot. It will have a non-linear story with different character classes.

Cyberpunk 2077 tells the tale of how advancement went hand-in-hand with the decay of society. In the game, players will walk the streets of Night City as an individual, who was raised on the streets and is trying to better himself.

The city is not a nice place to be due to drugs, violence, poverty and exclusion. The streets are also filled with junkies addicted to a drug known as "the braindance," which provides the illusions of giving someone a more exciting life.

Unfortunately there was no date given in the video below, however the game is expected to arrive before 2015.

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There's carnage, and the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they're not always able to get the job done.

When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the Psycho Squad.

cp.jpg
cyberpunk.png

Last edited by a moderator:
These guys can't catch a break! Shame such a great game has had such a rocky start.
Yeah tell me about it and on the CDPR forums they are just tearing into them and their mods are just trying to keep up getting rid of all the hate posts. The few that encourage CDPR to mush forward with the patches like I do get hammered with all the haters and their posts have to be reported to get removed if a mod hasn't already done so. I got harassed by one such hater on the open forum as well as by PM too and he would not let up. I had to report each and every PM to the mods and they eventually banned the guy.

Yeah this is because forensic teams had to confiscate all the PC's to investigate the cyber attack so the Dev's were left with no computers to code with since most were doing it from home and some at the studio.

Reactions: Noodles
Yeah tell me about it and on the CDPR forums they are just tearing into them and their mods are just trying to keep up getting rid of all the hate posts. The few that encourage CDPR to mush forward with the patches like I do get hammered with all the haters and their posts have to be reported to get removed if a mod hasn't already done so. I got harassed by one such hater on the open forum as well as by PM too and he would not let up. I had to report each and every PM to the mods and they eventually banned the guy.

Yeah this is because forensic teams had to confiscate all the PC's to investigate the cyber attack so the Dev's were left with no computers to code with since most were doing it from home and some at the studio.
Pathetic. Imagine having the extra time/energy for that... I know we're all in lockdown with not much to do right now, but surely they can find something a little more productive/useful. Same with the hacker(s). I find trolls to be extremely sad in general though... never understood the point or gain of doing it tbh.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
The performers for both Female V (Cherami Leigh) and Judy Alvarez (Carla Tassara) have been nominated for Best Performer in a Leading Role & Supporting Role at the 2021 Bafta Game Awards, Cyberpunk 2077 also got nominated for Best Artistic Achievement and Narrative.

Very happy for them both as those characters are by far my favourites from Cyberpunk 2077!

Are you still playing this @Savage Clown? I haven't been on for a while now, so wondering if they've improved the performance at all... last I remember the latest update at the time apparently made certain things worse lol.

Are you still playing this @Savage Clown? I haven't been on for a while now, so wondering if they've improved the performance at all... last I remember the latest update at the time apparently made certain things worse lol.
I haven't played in a while now but I did rack in over 750 hours worth of playtime. :D Last I heard was that patch 2.1 was pushed back another month due to the security breach they had. I kinda stopped playing because of all the haters over on the RED forums, they pretty much killed any more desire to play it. When the next major patch drops (supposedly this month and it's nearing the end of the month too) I'll give it another go, When I last played the game still crashed about once every 4-5 hours. I know I've put in over a dozen support tickets to the RED team with various issues. I do follow CDProject Red on Twitter so I'll know as soon as the patch is out.

only got round to playing this a couple weeks ago (was gifted a disc version for PS4 for my b'day the end of Jan) and gotta say I love it...just hte how shoddy and buggy it is. Its holding the game back from being the masterpiece it should be.

That said I think I managed to fix the crashing issue (i did an install over a few days initially, this time it was back to back and booted up immediataly - so touch wood, thats sorted it.)

It runs ok on my PS4 Pro, ignoring the weird bugs of newspapers flying around inside rooms(where there is no wind and background characters floating about/teleporting, those are funny, but the loading of some texture is kinda offputting and takes away from the immursion.
Hoping for a PS5 soon anyway so updates/patches or nay am hoping that will help.

Am only just at the part where you are interacting with the Keanu character, and I've been running all the side stuff and ignoring the main game in hopes of getting more familiar and into it. Which I am, slowly.....but knowing it WILL be glorious one day down the line am in no rush to blast through it. Even if I intend to play again, as another character type, for the trophies (would rather have a natural playthrough first time, then replay for all the alternate stuff needed via save games and exploits or whatever the trophy guides recommend- all games should be experienced without the worry of missing trophies :) )

So out of curiosity, what machines do you all play on?

I haven't played in a while now but I did rack in over 750 hours worth of playtime. :D Last I heard was that patch 2.1 was pushed back another month due to the security breach they had. I kinda stopped playing because of all the haters over on the RED forums, they pretty much killed any more desire to play it. When the next major patch drops (supposedly this month and it's nearing the end of the month too) I'll give it another go, When I last played the game still crashed about once every 4-5 hours. I know I've put in over a dozen support tickets to the RED team with various issues. I do follow CDProject Red on Twitter so I'll know as soon as the patch is out.
Looks like they heard us lol. Time to jump back in! :D

Reactions: Lone Crusader
only got round to playing this a couple weeks ago (was gifted a disc version for PS4 for my b'day the end of Jan) and gotta say I love it...just hte how shoddy and buggy it is. Its holding the game back from being the masterpiece it should be.

That said I think I managed to fix the crashing issue (i did an install over a few days initially, this time it was back to back and booted up immediataly - so touch wood, thats sorted it.)

It runs ok on my PS4 Pro, ignoring the weird bugs of newspapers flying around inside rooms(where there is no wind and background characters floating about/teleporting, those are funny, but the loading of some texture is kinda offputting and takes away from the immursion.
Hoping for a PS5 soon anyway so updates/patches or nay am hoping that will help.

Am only just at the part where you are interacting with the Keanu character, and I've been running all the side stuff and ignoring the main game in hopes of getting more familiar and into it. Which I am, slowly.....but knowing it WILL be glorious one day down the line am in no rush to blast through it. Even if I intend to play again, as another character type, for the trophies (would rather have a natural playthrough first time, then replay for all the alternate stuff needed via save games and exploits or whatever the trophy guides recommend- all games should be experienced without the worry of missing trophies :) )

So out of curiosity, what machines do you all play on?
Glad you're enjoying it so far. I took the "take-my-time" approach too, and eventually just stopped playing altogether for fear of running into a game breaking bug. I'm playing on a regular PS4, so my experience with it has definitely been pretty buggy, although not quite as bad as some it would seem. Hoping to revisit the game now they've just released the latest patch though, which has hopefully fixed a lot of the issues!

Glad you're enjoying it so far. I took the "take-my-time" approach too, and eventually just stopped playing altogether for fear of running into a game breaking bug. I'm playing on a regular PS4, so my experience with it has definitely been pretty buggy, although not quite as bad as some it would seem. Hoping to revisit the game now they've just released the latest patch though, which has hopefully fixed a lot of the issues!
i didnt realise it was out so soomn - currently downloading as I type this :)

cant wait to jump back in and hopefully see the improvements.

about to give this another go....played oncesince this update and it was way more stable with little to no lag......all of which were minor until the prior update.
sure it looked massively cleaner but the stability dropped through the floor