May 11, 2013
France
Release date: October 11, 2017
Purchase links: FNAC - Amazon
Price: €14.99 (FNAC) - €15.05 (Amazon)

1507-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have waited so long for this....
Just The Abyss, Strange Days and Arachnophobia left on the 'desperate for' wish list :hungry:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: milky
Yes! One of my top 5 most-wanted movies for steelbook!! Please, artwork, don't be awful!

I like the @Noodles concept, but I've always wanted a DC poster/cover that features Rufus and Jennifer. I mean, come on--it's the one movie where Rufus was really, really good. :)

Reactions: Noodles
about bloody time, looking forward to a hopeful UK equivalent release. :wow: @Noodles like your old concept :thumbs:, uses the Director's Cut imagery well. speaking of which, this really ought to have both versions of the film on it - anyone know if it does? the FNAC link only seems to list one running time. that would be a missed opportunity if so.

Reactions: Noodles
If it is the same blu-ray published by Metropolitan a few years ago (certainly), the various tests carried out on this blu-ray agree that Metropolitan did an exceptional job on the image.

Audio:
English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1
French DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Subtitles:
French

Theatrical & Director's cut

Region B Locked.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Yup, unfortunate that most of the original poster designs for DARK CITY are just well so dark (lol)
. . . and the silver or blue or even silver blue image used on some home video releases appears to also be the best for a metal edition.
7vy2gltq.jpg
wwapwwd5.jpg

Dark, DARK CITY poster designs:-
II
V
dark_city_ver2.jpg
ozqmt5x2.jpg
6ouzrrdc.jpg
sarraqgq.jpg
h8haztw7.jpg

. . . and can just hear all the comments along the lines of "But. . . my three-year-old could have done better" etc. if they chose this as wraparound artwork (lol):-
fumt9ikd.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
The official posters and covers for this movie have been pretty awful--maybe just one of the reasons it took so long to find its audience? I remember being so excited for the director's cut release...then I saw the cover, and thought, "Oh, you can't be serious. No one who doesn't already know the movie is going to pick it up based on that!"

Anyway, I have two fan-made posters that I like, though I don't think either one is right for a steelbook.

Tim Doyle:

b9de88d23501c38bd7f3da7da2651358--dark-city-city-print.jpg

Chris Skinner:

Dark-City-variant-reduced-size.jpg

If it is the same blu-ray published by Metropolitan a few years ago (certainly), the various tests carried out on this blu-ray agree that Metropolitan did an exceptional job on the image.

Audio:
English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1
French DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Subtitles:
French

Theatrical & Director's cut

Region B Locked.

Forced French subtitles??

I've been meaning to watch this movie again soon. This is the perfect time now to see if I want to add this to my collection.

The official posters and covers for this movie have been pretty awful--maybe just one of the reasons it took so long to find its audience? I remember being so excited for the director's cut release...then I saw the cover, and thought, "Oh, you can't be serious. No one who doesn't already know the movie is going to pick it up based on that!"

Anyway, I have two fan-made posters that I like, though I don't think either one is right for a steelbook.

Tim Doyle:

b9de88d23501c38bd7f3da7da2651358--dark-city-city-print.jpg

Chris Skinner:

Dark-City-variant-reduced-size.jpg

I would be all over that Chris Skinner art work on a Steelbook.

As mentioned this film is superb but was hampered by some of the most dull artwork on the DVD. I am certain this effected how many people watched it at the time.