Dark Star H.R Giger Documentary (Blu-ray Limited 1st Press Ed) [Japan]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Purchase here
Release date: Dec 20,2017

dark star1.jpg

Definitely a piece of art. I need to do some investigation as to what it actually contains wrt a "documentary" though.
The Alien Anthology set provided a nice doc on Giger so heh, not really sure how much more I need to know about the man.
As an art fan though, this might be worth a pick up as it is certainly unique. :)

Hmm, $47 usd, might jump on this.

edit; they are also offering their version of the "Alien Anthology" with a hockey sock full of goodies, including posters ( not sure of size) but it's $80 usd right now so can't justify a double-dip at that price, sigh.

edit 2 : heh heh, life's too short, ordered "Dark Star".

Last edited:
@Grendel @digitalbabe @elle82 Did anyone get this? Would love to see some pics. I heard that it's only in German with Japanese sub-titles, so don't know if I want to go for it considering how I don't speak German or Japanese.
I have it, and that is correct. The packaging is gorgeous, like a satin finish on slip box. I love it, but yes, you have to rent or buy another version to understand voice (which is pretty fascinating).

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I have it, and that is correct. The packaging is gorgeous, like a satin finish on slip box. I love it, but yes, you have to rent or buy another version to understand voice (which is pretty fascinating).

Hmm... decisions, decisions. :wacky:

That does sound pretty lovely, though.

^^^ I lived in Germany for 5 years and though by no means fluent, I can usually follow a conversation if I have a chance to digest it slowly enough.
I suspect my "pause" button will receive a good workout....;)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon