Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Eureka Masters of Cinema) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 5, 2022
Purchase links: Eureka - Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £29.99 (Eureka) - £28.99 (Amazon - Zavvi)
Notes: Hardcase Slipbox featuring artwork by Kevin Tong (Tragic Sunshine) - 100 Page Book - Limited to 3000

81xHcTspzSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

SPECIAL FEATURES​

• Limited Edition Box Set - 3000 Copies
  • Limited Edition hardcase featuring artwork by Kevin Tong (Tragic Sunshine)
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation from the extensive restoration completed by FWMS in 2014
  • Limited Edition 100-PAGE BOOK featuring archival writing and articles including vintage writing on the film by Lotte H. Eisner; an original Variety review of the film; rare imagery; and more
  • Score by Cornelius Schwer (2014) – LPCM stereo and 5.1 surround options
  • Score by Uwe Dierksen & Hermann Kretzschmar (2019) – LPCM stereo
  • Original German intertitles with optional English subtitles
  • Brand new audio commentary by Kevin Lyons and Jonathan Rigby
  • Audio commentary by film historian David Kalat
  • The Asylum in Film – brand new interview with author / critic Kim Newman
  • You Must Become Caligari – video essay by film critic David Cairns
  • Caligari: The Birth of Horror in the First World War – 52 minute documentary on the cultural and historical impact of the film
  • On The Restoration – three short video pieces on the film's restoration
  • Trailer

• Helpful Post
Reactions: sinusR2
Did anyone else's email say this was a steelbook?
That email was also about other releases not just this release
In the email it also lists Scream 2/Bram Stokers Dracula/Cabin in the Woods 4K SteelBooks that why it mentions 4K Steelbook in the email header

That email was also about other releases not just this release
In the email it also lists Scream 2/Bram Stokers Dracula/Cabin in the Woods 4K SteelBooks that why it mentions 4K Steelbook in the email header
No, it was Zavvi's mistake. The subject line of the email:

Zavvi email.png

Reactions: MrSquifler
lovely looking set. i already own the original steelbook release of this film from Eureka!, which also had a booklet, so no desire for me to duplicate with this as well just for the 4K. but good for those who missed it first time. :thumbs:

Reactions: Lord Vader
lovely looking set. i already own the original steelbook release of this film from Eureka!, which also had a booklet, so no desire for me to duplicate with this as well just for the 4K. but good for those who missed it first time. :thumbs:
since that booklet(in the steelbook) is only 43 pages, and i'm thinking this new book is perfect bound, plus it's a rigid slip case and perfect home to the steelbook, i've got to double-dip:)

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
since that booklet(in the steelbook) is only 43 pages, and i'm thinking this new book is perfect bound, plus it's a rigid slip case and perfect home to the steelbook, i've got to double-dip:)
gah, why'd you have to do that? :LOL:

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Spotify

• Haha
Reactions: Daubt