Dawn of the Dead (1978) (4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 16, 2020
Purchase links: Second Sight 4K - BD - Amazon UK 4K - BD - Zavvi 4K - BD - HMV 4K - BD (Pre-order date Tuesday May 26th at 12PM Midday UK time)
Price: £79.99 (4K) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £69.99 (BD) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £74.99 (4K) (Amazon - HMV ) - £64.99 (BD) (Amazon - HMV)
Notes: 4K Box Set Limited to 12,000 and Blu-ray Box Set Limited to 6,000 - Second Sight Website will be UK shipping only

EihjUMcXkAENh6I.jpg

89770343_1753413558126403_7759930113348599808_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.
It's what I was afraid of. I don't want to know about that after release date, so I hope they will let us know before it's too late.
If it's the same kind of digipacks they used for their past 2-discs releases (like the one on your pic), I'm fine with that but I fear it would be different because there are much more discs...
At the moment, we can only speculate.

Thanks.
It's what I was afraid of. I don't want to know about that after release date, so I hope they will let us know before it's too late.
If it's the same kind of digipacks as they used for 2-discs releases (like the one on your pic), I'm fine with that but I fear it would be different because there are much more discs...
At the moment, we can only speculate.
There are 2 Digipacks
Likely to be
DigiPack 1 (4 Discs)
Digipack 2 (3 CD's Soundtracks)

A digpack with 4 plastic trays (1 for each disc) would be the dream! As soon as there are more than 1 disc in a digipack it's the Russian roulette nowadays :LOL:

I have to admit, i’m kinda thinking along the same lines myself............will decide for sure closer to release date.
Just did the same thing i am sure they will have stock available when the set is released and to be honest I could do without the soundtrack on CD.

How does Zavvi usually ship these box sets out to the US? I’ve only ever ordered steelbooks from them. Kinda worried about getting mine all smashed up in a bubble mailer like my last Titans Of Cult release.

Last edited:
How does Zavvi usually ship these box sets out to the US? I’ve only ever ordered steelbooks from them. Kinda worried about getting mine all smashed up in a bubble mailer like my last Titans Of Cult release.
Depends what mood they're in... could be a jiffy, could be a box with no packing materials, could be a box WITH packing materials. Better chance of winning the lotto than predicting how parcels from Zavvi will arrive.

Reactions: MM3
It'll be a box. This won't fit in a jiffy bag any way.
Likely be in a box but not 100% when it comes to Zavvi :rofl:

Zavvi have used large jiffy mailers before on box sets even bigger than this one

Some customers will get delivery in a box and some might not it's lucky dip on the day depends on person at Zavvi warehouse picking stock for dispatch

I ordered from Amazon UK as they will use a box or large carboard mailer and I expect will be shipped using An Post and that includes tracked shipping

Depends what mood they're in... could be a jiffy, could be a box with no packing materials, could be a box WITH packing materials. Better chance of winning the lotto than predicting how parcels from Zavvi will arrive.

Went ahead and put an order in. If DiablokiDVD ever restocks I'll just cancel the Zavvi order and buy it off them.