Dawn of the Dead (1978) (4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 16, 2020
Purchase links: Second Sight 4K - BD - Amazon UK 4K - BD - Zavvi 4K - BD - HMV 4K - BD (Pre-order date Tuesday May 26th at 12PM Midday UK time)
Price: £79.99 (4K) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £69.99 (BD) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £74.99 (4K) (Amazon - HMV ) - £64.99 (BD) (Amazon - HMV)
Notes: 4K Box Set Limited to 12,000 and Blu-ray Box Set Limited to 6,000 - Second Sight Website will be UK shipping only

EihjUMcXkAENh6I.jpg

89770343_1753413558126403_7759930113348599808_o.jpg

Last edited:
Unboxing and review not my video

Note some contributors to the production of the release and some reviewers got sent early copies of the box sets so that is why some have already got delivery of the box set

People who are mistaking a "poster" with the cover of the dawn of the dead board game don't deserve free copies...:naughty:

• Thanks
Reactions: Billy Talent
I got to disagree in part to some here as I think it looks great. However not for the price. For that price I would of expected a steelbook and more fluff.

Will wait to see if this hits the £50 mark and then I’ll consider biting.

I am not a steelbook collector even if i got some.
I love beautiful digipacks. What a missed opportunity... still interrested in this edition because of the books and extras. But what a major disapointment when it comes to the digipacks. Worst being : looks like sh... and we got twice the same :banghead:

Well I'm loving this edition (plus bonus art cards from ordering direct :drool:). Yeah it'd be nice for this to get a steel at some point to match the other 2 original films, but I'll take any edition this good - the book especially is a real treasure of info and pics.

Well I'm loving this edition (plus bonus art cards from ordering direct :drool:). Yeah it'd be nice for this to get a steel at some point to match the other 2 original films, but I'll take any edition this good - the book especially is a real treasure of info and pics.

Great photos and the set looks amazing :thumbs: Wish id ordered direct now as I've seen a few people have it already and the extra pictures look great :wow:

Reactions: EvilThing
One of these days someone will release this as a steelbook. Would love to see a Manta. Would love to see a Cine Museum as well. Seeing a FAC offering would rip the flish off a wayward straggler as well.

Reactions: MrSquifler
One of these days someone will release this as a steelbook. Would love to see a Manta. Would love to see a Cine Museum as well. Seeing a FAC offering would rip the flish off a wayward straggler as well.
This movie is fairly complicated wrt licensing rights, thus I doubt we will see this as a premium release soon. It is almost a miracle that Second Sight could pull of this release. However, I can see Second Sight releasing their own steelbook version next year or so.

Mine just arrived and this was all the packaging Amazon bothered with. Shockingly it isn't damaged at all.
Bad..........just........bad! Btw, have Amazon sold out of the UHD of this now? The blu ray is showing up as in stock on Jan 08, 2021, but nothing for the UHD.

I know, I couldn't believe it when I saw the delivery man carrying a purple coloured box I was confused, I thought Amazon had a new kind of box or some special art for it or something, terrible packaging.
At least it arrived undamaged to you :thumbs:

I think I would faint if something arrived like that to me damaged!! :D

How did you amazon customers get your order so quick?
I'm a Prime customer and placed my order on 29th May, original delivery date of 31st October. My order shows delivery date of Saturday 21st November and I've not even had a dispatched email.
I think I need to give there customer service line a ring.

Mine just arrived and this was all the packaging Amazon bothered with. Shockingly it isn't damaged at all.
I had this once years ago with the creed France set with gloves and shorts and steelbook inside, the box it comes in is nice but way too big to display but instead of not putting it in a shipping box like yours they stufk a label on it and sent other side of worl.
I was more interested in the items inside which was fine but annoying all the same that it was sent like that.
But no excuse for something that small, that must be a new employee who has no clue surely.

Did you complain to Amazon? You should at least get a hefty partial refund. I had this happen in the US. I ordered an item and they just slapped a label on it and sent it without shipping box (the product box was beat up but nothing inside was damaged). I didn't even call but took a picture and sent an e-mail; they ended up refunding the full price so I got it for free.