Dawn of the Dead (1978) (4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 16, 2020
Purchase links: Second Sight 4K - BD - Amazon UK 4K - BD - Zavvi 4K - BD - HMV 4K - BD (Pre-order date Tuesday May 26th at 12PM Midday UK time)
Price: £79.99 (4K) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £69.99 (BD) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £74.99 (4K) (Amazon - HMV ) - £64.99 (BD) (Amazon - HMV)
Notes: 4K Box Set Limited to 12,000 and Blu-ray Box Set Limited to 6,000 - Second Sight Website will be UK shipping only

EihjUMcXkAENh6I.jpg

89770343_1753413558126403_7759930113348599808_o.jpg

Last edited:
Did you complain to Amazon? You should at least get a hefty partial refund. I had this happen in the US. I ordered an item and they just slapped a label on it and sent it without shipping box (the product box was beat up but nothing inside was damaged). I didn't even call but took a picture and sent an e-mail; they ended up refunding the full price so I got it for free.
Worth a try, thanks.

EDIT: I only got £10 put into my Amazon account.

Last edited:
Reactions: JGCramp
Amazon/Zavvi sold out of both 4K and Blu-ray editions

Second Sight and HMV still have some stock of both editions

Second Sight
4K edition 962 available
Blu-ray edition 828 available

HMV
4K edition 43 available
Blu-ray edition 11 available

How did you amazon customers get your order so quick?
I'm a Prime customer and placed my order on 29th May, original delivery date of 31st October. My order shows delivery date of Saturday 21st November and I've not even had a dispatched email.
I think I need to give there customer service line a ring.

same , I contacted them last night and was told it was only a problem if it didn’t arrive on the 21st .

just checked and it’s apparently about to be dispatched .

Reactions: Punky Partridge
They should’ve done better than that but at least your set is not damaged.
why would they owe you a partial refund at all if it arrived undamaged.....

i mean in your situation where the item got damaged, sure.. they have to refund you, but in @MrSquifler's case? they have lucked out but they dont owe him anything *imo*

why would they owe you a partial refund at all if it arrived undamaged.....

i mean in your situation where the item got damaged, sure.. they have to refund you, but in @MrSquifler's case? they have lucked out but they dont owe him anything *imo*

In my case the item I bought was not damaged, which I told them. Similarly, though, the shipping was so careless and indifferent that they didn’t not bother to place an item that cost a considerable amount of money and could easily be damaged inside any sort of protective shipping packaging. They just sent it as is, and the product box itself was badly damaged but the item I bought inside was actually okay.

I don’t think it’s a matter of outcome, per se; it’s more a matter of service quality. Is it really acceptable for a retailer to just slap stickers on the products you buy and send them to you without any protective packaging? Maybe “owe” is the wrong word but I do think offering a partial refund is a sign of respect to the customer for bad service.

Maybe it also depends on the product. I bought a new cat bed recently. It was shipped in a box. If they had just put a sticker on the product bag and sent it as is I wouldn’t have cared too much. And don’t get me wrong, if the other option was a poly bag then probably it’s better to send it as they did since they are worthless with easily damaged items and we already have a big enough plastic waste problem.

Reactions: MrSquifler
In my case the item I bought was not damaged, which I told them. Similarly, though, the shipping was so careless and indifferent that they didn’t not bother to place an item that cost a considerable amount of money and could easily be damaged inside any sort of protective shipping packaging. They just sent it as is, and the product box itself was badly damaged but the item I bought inside was actually okay.

I don’t think it’s a matter of outcome, per se; it’s more a matter of service quality. Is it really acceptable for a retailer to just slap stickers on the products you buy and send them to you without any protective packaging? Maybe “owe” is the wrong word but I do think offering a partial refund is a sign of respect to the customer for bad service.

Maybe it also depends on the product. I bought a new cat bed recently. It was shipped in a box. If they had just put a sticker on the product bag and sent it as is I wouldn’t have cared too much. And don’t get me wrong, if the other option was a poly bag then probably it’s better to send it as they did since they are worthless with easily damaged items and we already have a big enough plastic waste problem.
amazon are total idiots to send you a full refund for a perfectly fine item, just because you didnt *like* the packaging lol.. and thats what it all comes down to: you didnt like it.. because apparently they did enough to get the item safely to you

i mean 10% for the shock you might have received when seeing it like that and for treating your purchases badly, ok... but full refund.. cmon

Its not his fault they offered a full refund. Good enough for them!

You'd think they'd learn from their mistake. But obviously not.......
yeah true, its not his fault.. thats why i said that amazon are total idiots ;) he probably just complained about the ****** packaging....

still, if you wonder why steelbook and collectible prices go up all the time, heres your reason... they have to cover their losses from idiotic CS behavior by increasing the prices

Reactions: JGCramp
yeah true, its not his fault.. thats why i said that amazon are total idiots ;) he probably just complained about the ****** packaging....

I don’t know that I’d call it “****** packaging” since there was no Amazon packaging.

I sent them a picture of what I received and asked why something that cost me, as I recall, $150USD was sent so carelessly. The response I got was an apology along with a 100% refund. I definitely didn’t ask for it but, again, I don’t think the product arriving damaged or pristine is the issue for me, at least. It’s the carelessness of the service being provided.

Amazon/Zavvi sold out of both 4K and Blu-ray editions

Second Sight and HMV still have some stock of both editions

Second Sight
4K edition 962 available
Blu-ray edition 828 available

HMV
4K edition 43 available
Blu-ray edition 11 available

How do you find out such specific availability numbers?