Dawn of the Dead (1978) (4K and Blu-ray Standard Editions) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 22, 2021
Purchase links: Second Sight 4K - BD - Amazon UK 4K - BD - Zavvi 4K - BD - HMV 4K - BD - Zoom UK 4K - BD
Price: £29.99 (4K) (Second Sight - Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Zoom) - £24.99 (BD) (Second Sight) - £29.99 (BD) (Zoom) - 26.99 (BD) (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Rigid slipcase and 4 tray digipack - Second Sight Website Store UK Shipping only

46814_1_DAWN_OF_THE_DEAD_STANDARD_ED_3D_BD_PACK_V2resize_a4f3103b-f617-43c9-9b07-61f063506fad_...png

Last edited:
Reactions: hatredhorror
Amazon UK
Both 4K and Blu-ray editions are £29.99

Amazon Blu-ray edition price will likely drop to £26.99 or less before release date

So for someone that as never seen this movie which version of the film would you recommend?

If you mean 4K and Blu-Ray standard edition I would go for 4K. Even if you don't like the film price ain't so much higher it would hurt your wallet badly. AND I bet you would be able to sell it forward ...

If you mean 4K and Blu-Ray standard edition I would go for 4K. Even if you don't like the film price ain't so much higher it would hurt your wallet badly. AND I bet you would be able to sell it forward ...
Sorry i meant to say which version of the film as there are three cuts i should of been more clear

Sorry i meant to say which version of the film as there are three cuts i should of been more clear
These releases have all 3 cuts.

He means what cut of the movie: Theatrical, Argento or the extended (Cannes).

Personally I'd go for the Theatrical as that's my preferred version. Watched them all, but nothing beats the theatrical version.

Last edited:
So for someone that as never seen this movie which version of the film would you recommend?
Most people will recommend the theatrical cut and imo that is the best one.
The Argento cut is quite interesting to watch after the theathrical, because it feels like a completely different movie.
Probably very few people prefer the extended cut, you can leave that version for last.
Hope this helps :thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles and karl01
Pulled the trigger on this a couple days ago. This movie is so special and iconic to me and my friends. We saw the sneak peak midnight preview before it was released enmass back in the day. My best friend Mike, who I've been joined at the hip with for more than 40 years (even tho we live in different states) is going thru Chemo treatments so I snagged him one as well as a surprise gift for completing his Chemo. Can't wait to get them.

kinda funny, kinda not.

View attachment 500584

:naughty: :rofl:
I know; I'm in the same boat myself :LOL:

It seems that since about a week ago, Finland Post has been very vigilant at stopping these small packages from Guernsey at the border and requesting customs clearance. During 2020 and the first two months of 2021, they mostly sailed through "unharmed" :whistle:

Hoping for a positive outcome for you :thumbs:

Reactions: Space Cadet
looks cheap af imo :/ will sell it probably

It looks cheap because Secondsight never put any effort into the finish.

I wish they'd make their slips a bit nicer. A bit of embossing, spot gloss, anything!!

They're always just plain old card. Not even gloss. They didn't even continue the art onto the back of the slip......

Reactions: hatredhorror