Dawn of the Dead (1978) (4K and Blu-ray Standard Editions) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 22, 2021
Purchase links: Second Sight 4K - BD - Amazon UK 4K - BD - Zavvi 4K - BD - HMV 4K - BD - Zoom UK 4K - BD
Price: £29.99 (4K) (Second Sight - Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Zoom) - £24.99 (BD) (Second Sight) - £29.99 (BD) (Zoom) - 26.99 (BD) (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Rigid slipcase and 4 tray digipack - Second Sight Website Store UK Shipping only

46814_1_DAWN_OF_THE_DEAD_STANDARD_ED_3D_BD_PACK_V2resize_a4f3103b-f617-43c9-9b07-61f063506fad_...png

Last edited:
Reactions: hatredhorror
It looks cheap because Secondsight never put any effort into the finish.

I wish they'd make their slips a bit nicer. A bit of embossing, spot gloss, anything!!

They're always just plain old card. Not even gloss. They didn't even continue the art onto the back of the slip......
yeah, it sometimes works tho.. this time it doesnt.. artwork itself looks dated and boring.. together with lackluster finish it just sucks hard

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
My copy arrived..disc 4 is just packed out with extras- don't know how I'll ever get through them. Kudos to those opting for the mega pack, this fits my shelf better. Iconic art, packed discs for one of the top horror movies of all time. Get on it.

Reactions: Space Cadet
Got mine today. Have to admit I was a little disappointed with the minimal effort packaging, especially the lack of a booklet or even an inside slip with notes. I guess it's the movie that counts though. Looking forward to watching it.

?

Zavvi does deliver outside UK.
I use amazon always over Zavvi

I only use Zavvi if they have a exclusive or a release sold out with other retailers

With Amazon UK you just need to wait a few days before release date or after if your delivery address is based outside UK

You won't have custums issues if you based in EU ordering from Amazon UK

I also get faster delivery using Amazon UK
Amazon Logistic now have amazon van drivers based in Rep of Ireland

You won't have custums issues if you based in EU ordering from Amazon UK

because you pay them upfront... UK vat is deducted and your countries VAT added

Exactly. At the moment, as far as I know, Amazon is the only UK retailer which ships to EU countries and applies the destination country's VAT rate.

If one buys directly from, e.g., Seconds Sight, 101 Films or Zavvi, you first pay them the full UK price and then the local VAT to customs at the border (+ possible handling fees). Ouch :dizzy:

Now, if Amazon UK would only start again accepting pre-orders from outside UK ... :rolleyes:

I will have delivery later this afteernon the 4K UHD edition as I now get my Amazon orders delivered by Amazon Logistics Van drivers due to been a Amazon Prime member
Orders are processed at amazon delivery warehouse in rathcoole
24 orders with Amazon UK so far in 2021 only 1 order was delivered by An Post the rest was delivered by Amazon Logistics themselves

Tracking is quite good when logistics van driver is in your area you can actually see how many stops he is away from your house and you get a message from amazon app when he in your area so you know when to look at the tracking info

Reactions: jasong
Back up again on zavvi
This thread is for the standard edition
Both 4K and Blu-ray has not sold out yet as it's not limited

Zavvi have listed the Blu-ray standard edition as sold out but they can order more from second sight

If you meant the Blu-ray limited edition version that's showing on Zavvi website
Thread for that edition is this one

Last edited:
This thread is for the standard edition
Both 4K and Blu-ray has not sold out yet as it's not limited

Zavvi have listed the Blu-ray standard edition as sold out but they can order more from second sight

If you meant the Blu-ray limited edition version that's showing on Zavvi website
Thread for that edition is this one