Dawn of the Dead (1978) (4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 16, 2020
Purchase links: Second Sight 4K - BD - Amazon UK 4K - BD - Zavvi 4K - BD - HMV 4K - BD (Pre-order date Tuesday May 26th at 12PM Midday UK time)
Price: £79.99 (4K) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £69.99 (BD) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £74.99 (4K) (Amazon - HMV ) - £64.99 (BD) (Amazon - HMV)
Notes: 4K Box Set Limited to 12,000 and Blu-ray Box Set Limited to 6,000 - Second Sight Website will be UK shipping only

EihjUMcXkAENh6I.jpg

89770343_1753413558126403_7759930113348599808_o.jpg

Last edited:
I will be interested to see what kind of edition they come up with for this. If it’s something cool I could be tempted.

Already many editions of dawn of the dead, it's gonna be difficult to come up with something new...
They can always shoot new interviews and documentaries, but since kind of everything has already been covered in the past that would be kind of useless...

Already many editions of dawn of the dead, it's gonna be difficult to come up with something new...
They can always shoot new interviews and documentaries, but since kind of everything has already been covered in the past that would be kind of useless...
There is high demand for a UK release since arrow video releases both went out of print years ago for both Dawn of the Dead and Martin
Arrow lost the distribution rights years ago as the rights expired and they could not get the distribution rights again.

It's one of the most requested titles for a re-release in the UK
This was not possible due to distribution rights issue in the UK and some other countries including USA

Second sight have managed after years with no distribution possible to get the rights for Dawn of the Dead and Martin

These will sell very well and I look forward to seen what second sight do as their recent limited edition releases have been very good

Last edited:
There is high demand for a UK release since arrow video releases both went out of print years ago for both Dawn of the Dead and Martin
Arrow lost the distribution rights years ago as the rights expired and they could not get the distribution rights again.

It's one of the most requested titles for a re-release in the UK
This was not possible due to distribution rights issue in the UK and some other countries including USA

Second sight have managed after years with no distribution possible to get the rights for Dawn of the Dead and Martin

These will sell very well and I look forward to seen what second sight do as their recent limited edition releases have been very good

Being OOP in the UK is indeed already a good reason for a new release. Thx for pointing this out Paul.

Reactions: paulboland
Could've sworn they teased this last month, but I can't find anything about it other than the most recent announcement... guess I must've dreamt it lol.

Both was 11th Jan lol
Facebook tease what's this lol
Twitter tease more obvious lol
It honestly feels like it was longer lol. But yeah... the Facebook tease took me a few seconds to figure out, whereas the Twitter one was very obvious.

Steelbook...then the trilogy is complete

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Looking at all the social media posts this looks it will be a fast seller when released

Dawn of the Dead
4K scans of the original negatives

Facebook Post from Second Sight
GEORGE A ROMERO’S DAWN OF THE DEAD is coming to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in the UK and will feature ’Theatrical’, ‘Cannes’ and ‘Argento’ cuts!!
We will also be releasing on standard Blu-ray together with our Blu-ray release of MARTIN.
Many thanks to producer Richard P Rubinstein for allowing us access to the original elements, which includes the original camera negative for Dawn and dupe negative for Martin.
New 4K scans are underway at Final Frame in New York which will be followed by grading and extensive restoration supervised by DP Michael Gornick.
It will then be over to David Mackenzie at Fidelity in Motion for mastering and encoding.
Currently slated for a late summer release, more news to follow….