Dawn of the Dead (1978) (4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 16, 2020
Purchase links: Second Sight 4K - BD - Amazon UK 4K - BD - Zavvi 4K - BD - HMV 4K - BD (Pre-order date Tuesday May 26th at 12PM Midday UK time)
Price: £79.99 (4K) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £69.99 (BD) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £74.99 (4K) (Amazon - HMV ) - £64.99 (BD) (Amazon - HMV)
Notes: 4K Box Set Limited to 12,000 and Blu-ray Box Set Limited to 6,000 - Second Sight Website will be UK shipping only

EihjUMcXkAENh6I.jpg

89770343_1753413558126403_7759930113348599808_o.jpg

Last edited:
Second Sight Films Facebook

DAWN OF THE DEAD update. Grading is completed and restoration is underway. We expect this stage to take a few months. We're also working on lots of additional content. We'd love to announce a date, but want to wait until we’re in a better position to know completion times for all the work. We hope you think it will be worth the wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: monanza
Second Sight Facebook

DAWN OF THE DEAD UPDATE! Following the 4K scan of the camera negative, grading and framing approved by DP Michael Gornick, we now have about 4 weeks left of manual frame by frame restoration at Final Frame followed by the HDR grade for the UHD.

We are releasing the 3 cuts on 3 separate discs (both Blu-Ray and UHD) plus bonus disc so the authoring stage will then take several weeks for the best possible encodes by David Mackenzie.

We are currently hoping for a release date in February and will update again in the next month.

Aside from the 3 versions of the film itself, plus archive and new bonus material, we are also working on other exciting additional content for the box set.

We have been very fortunate to have Michael Gornick involved and it was great to hear his comment on work to date: ‘I place upon this extraordinary effort a nihil obstat in certification of its quality’. More soon…

Deatils in regards to contents will be known on March 27

There will Blu-ray and UHD editions of Dawn of the Dead

Can’t wait been following the progress of this one which feels like quite some time now but looks like it’s coming to fruition quite nicely. Will be there on March 27 to place my preorder now that I know they do international shipping, can’t wait and also to see what’s in the box as it seems like it will be jammed pack with goodies :joy:

Reactions: MM3 and paulboland
Is shipping expensive from Secondsight?
To Rep of Ireland
Shipping price varies depending on size and weight and number of items ordered

Standard shipping non tracked varies between £3.59 to £5.88

Free shipping at checkout if item or items ordered is over £100

You will know shipping price when pre order goes live

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Which edition I will be getting will depend on the price

Bonus Extras Blu-ray Discs I expect will be the same in Blu-ray and UHD editions

Blu-ray Discs will be Region B Locked from what I seen mentioned by Second Sight so far but still TBC

If UHD edition price very high I will get the Blu-ray Edition instead

Reactions: willbar84
International Shipping Policy

• Standard Shipping - Any order up to 300g will be sent out via Royal Mail Standard delivery.
  • Tracked Shipping - will be sent via Royal Mail Tracked delivery.
  • Free standard shipping over £100 – Any International order over the value of £100 will be shipped for free via Royal Mail standard delivery
  • Free Tracked Shipping over £200 - Any International order over the value of £200 will be shipped for free via Royal Mail Tracked delivery
Please note: In the unlikely event that your parcel should not arrive, we will only resend the order if the tracked option was selected at check out.

I expect this will also be available to pre order from usual online UK retailers Amazon/Zavvi/HMV etc

They not mentioned so far that it would be exclusive to pre order from Second Sight website
They only posted you will be able to pre order on March 27th from Second Sight Website that does not auto mean exclusive to that website

We should know for sure in the next 2 weeks