Dawn of the Dead (1978) (4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 16, 2020
Purchase links: Second Sight 4K - BD - Amazon UK 4K - BD - Zavvi 4K - BD - HMV 4K - BD (Pre-order date Tuesday May 26th at 12PM Midday UK time)
Price: £79.99 (4K) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £69.99 (BD) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £74.99 (4K) (Amazon - HMV ) - £64.99 (BD) (Amazon - HMV)
Notes: 4K Box Set Limited to 12,000 and Blu-ray Box Set Limited to 6,000 - Second Sight Website will be UK shipping only

EihjUMcXkAENh6I.jpg

89770343_1753413558126403_7759930113348599808_o.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if this will be available in other configurations - Disc 1-4 are essential for me ..but overall package size, it looks like its going to be double the thickness of the arrow Videodrome... the soundtracks and hardback sound fine but an option without would suit me better personally. That said, if this is the only variation available I'm in. I like this movie and only have a ropey DVD... Thanks for the update

I wonder if this will be available in other configurations - Disc 1-4 are essential for me ..but overall package size, it looks like its going to be double the thickness of the arrow Videodrome... the soundtracks and hardback sound fine but an option without would suit me better personally. That said, if this is the only variation available I'm in. I like this movie and only have a ropey DVD... Thanks for the update
Yeah. I have no need for books or soundtrack CD's either so hopefully they cater a package for those of us who just really want the film discs!

Reactions: MrSquifler
Damn - heavy, heavy, heavy.......in more ways than one. The price tag......can only conclude will be more expensive than i thought, for these. As for the inclusion of book and cds, i think is justified for a movie of this stature - this, i would say, is a movie that deserves that full blown treatment. Other than that, i really hope this lives up to the anticipation. Fingers crossed!

Anybody knows which extras are exclusive to this edition ?
Looking at the details on box, i would say that the audio cds 1-3, the 150 page book, and the novelisation book would all be exclusive to this limited edition - that’s my guess, anyways. The 3 cuts of the film ( 3 discs) and the extras disc i think will be available at some later date. Only a guess, though.

2 limited editions both are 4 Discs + 3 CD's and include 2 Books
4K Box Set
Blu-ray Box set

Same bonus Blu-ray extras Disc Disc 4 is in both box sets
4K Box Set (Discs 1-3 4K UHD Discs) + Disc 4 Bonus Blu-ray Extras Disc
Blu-ray Boxset (Disc 1-3 Blu-ray Discs) + Disc 4 Bonus Blu-ray Extras Disc

Note
Blu-ray Discs are Region B locked
4K UHD Discs are Region Free as UHD discs do not have region coding

New Extras on Disc 4

• Disc 1 – Theatrical Cut
    • New 4K scan and restoration of the original camera negative
    • Commentary by George A Romero, Tom Savini and Christine Forrest
    • NEW commentary for Travis Crawford
  • Disc 2 – Extended Cut
    • Produced using 4K scan of Theatrical Cut camera negative and 4k scan of Extended Cut interpositive
    • Commentary by Richard P Rubenstein
  • Disc 3 – The Argento Cut
    • Produced using 4K scan of Theatrical Cut camera negative and 4k scan of Argento Cut interpositive
    • Commentary by Ken Foree, Scott Reiniger, Gaylen Ross and David Emge
  • Disc 4 (Blu-ray) – Special Features
    • NEW – Zombies and Bikers documentary (59 mins)
    • NEW – Memories of Monroeville documentary (34 mins)
    • NEW – Raising the Dead documentary (23 mins)
    • NEW – The FX of Dawn documentary (13 mins)
    • NEW – Dummies! Dummies! interview (12 mins)
    • NEW – The Lost Romero Dawn Interview (20 mins)
    • Super 8 mall footage
    • Document of The Dead: Original Cut
    • Document of The Dead: The New Cut
    • The Dead Will Walk 2014 Documentary
    • Trailers, TV and Radio Spots
  • Audio CD Disc 1
    • The Goblin Soundtrack
  • Audio CD Disc 2
    • The Complete De Wolfe Library Cues Part 1
  • Audio CD Disc 3
    • The Complete De Wolfe Library Cues Part 2
  • Plus:
    • 150 page hardback book featuring new essays, archive interview and rare stills
    • Dawn of The Dead: The novelisation book

Last edited:
2 limited editions both are 4 Discs + 3 CD's and include 2 Books
4K Box Set
Blu-ray Box set

Same bonus Blu-ray extras Disc Disc 4 is in both box sets
4K Box Set (Discs 1-3 4K UHD Discs) + Disc 4 Bonus Blu-ray Extras Disc
Blu-ray Boxset (Disc 1-3 Blu-ray Discs) + Disc 4 Bonus Blu-ray Extras Disc

Note
Blu-ray Discs are Region B locked
4K UHD Discs are Region Free as UHD discs do not have region coding

New Extras on Disc 4

• Disc 1 – Theatrical Cut
    • New 4K scan and restoration of the original camera negative
    • Commentary by George A Romero, Tom Savini and Christine Forrest
    • NEW commentary for Travis Crawford
  • Disc 2 – Extended Cut
    • Produced using 4K scan of Theatrical Cut camera negative and 4k scan of Extended Cut interpositive
    • Commentary by Richard P Rubenstein
  • Disc 3 – The Argento Cut
    • Produced using 4K scan of Theatrical Cut camera negative and 4k scan of Argento Cut interpositive
    • Commentary by Ken Foree, Scott Reiniger, Gaylen Ross and David Emge
  • Disc 4 (Blu-ray) – Special Features
    • NEW – Zombies and Bikers documentary (59 mins)
    • NEW – Memories of Monroeville documentary (34 mins)
    • NEW – Raising the Dead documentary (23 mins)
    • NEW – The FX of Dawn documentary (13 mins)
    • NEW – Dummies! Dummies! interview (12 mins)
    • NEW – The Lost Romero Dawn Interview (20 mins)
    • Super 8 mall footage
    • Document of The Dead: Original Cut
    • Document of The Dead: The New Cut
    • The Dead Will Walk 2014 Documentary
    • Trailers, TV and Radio Spots
  • Audio CD Disc 1
    • The Goblin Soundtrack
  • Audio CD Disc 2
    • The Complete De Wolfe Library Cues Part 1
  • Audio CD Disc 3
    • The Complete De Wolfe Library Cues Part 2
  • Plus:
    • 150 page hardback book featuring new essays, archive interview and rare stills
    • Dawn of The Dead: The novelisation book
Any news on the price?

Any news on the price?
No details yet when pre order is or price

You can expect price for either edition be high due to amount of discs and having 2 books

There will be a standard edition released at a later stage when both of the limited editions end up sold out

The standard editions will not have the CD's or Books

I might hold out for the standard editions then depending on what the pricing will be on these.......

It's not coming at a great time as the way the world is right now, a lot of people might have to skip on such an expensive set as a lot of people are out of work.

Depends on when this goes up for preorder. But maybe Secondsight will hold it back a bit longer until employment get back to normal a bit....?

Last edited:
I hope there is gonna be bare bones because otherwise fans and f*cked by Second Sight. IMO.

I do appreciate this whole package. But it's gonna be expensive, not everyone is gonna afford it. Or want it.

There are those who want movies in 4K scan and maybe some extras. That's it. "Affordable."

...oh well, time will tell. (hey poem) :rofl: :thumbs:

I hope there is gonna be bare bones because otherwise fans and f*cked by Second Sight. IMO.

I do appreciate this whole package. But it's gonna be expensive, not everyone is gonna afford it. Or want it.

There are those who want movies in 4K scan and maybe some extras. That's it. "Affordable."

...oh well, time will tell. (hey poem) :rofl: :thumbs:
There will be a standard edition but not until limited editions have sold out

Second Sight always do standard edition after limited editions

The overall print run of the discs would be high you use a % of 4K and Blu-ray discs for limited edition and the rest of the disc stock is later used for standard edition
This is normal practice for a lot of independent distributors labels