Dawn of the Dead (1978) (4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 16, 2020
Purchase links: Second Sight 4K - BD - Amazon UK 4K - BD - Zavvi 4K - BD - HMV 4K - BD (Pre-order date Tuesday May 26th at 12PM Midday UK time)
Price: £79.99 (4K) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £69.99 (BD) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £74.99 (4K) (Amazon - HMV ) - £64.99 (BD) (Amazon - HMV)
Notes: 4K Box Set Limited to 12,000 and Blu-ray Box Set Limited to 6,000 - Second Sight Website will be UK shipping only

EihjUMcXkAENh6I.jpg

89770343_1753413558126403_7759930113348599808_o.jpg

Last edited:
Would have been nice if the set was 4K + Blu-Ray.
Doing that would mean price would be very expensive and affect sales

These are not going to be cheap so having separate box sets gives better chance of selling each limited edition

Those that are not interested in 4K can purchase Blu-ray edition

I myself will very likely be getting the Blu-ray edition as I dont have a 4K TV

I can always purchase the standard 4K edition at a later stage if I eventually get a 4K TV

Why UK shipping only? They used to ship worldwide when ordering from their website. I prefer to support them directly, and their packaging is usually superior to others. Not good.

Why UK shipping only? They used to ship worldwide when ordering from their website. I prefer to support them directly, and their packaging is usually superior to others. Not good.
Second Sight Website will be UK Shipping for this release
It's to do with COVID-19 and is temporary until shipping around the world gets back to normal

Both editions will be available to pre order from other on-line UK retailers as it says in twitter post
Some retailers will have it listed later than others so give it a few days

Reactions: zoltan_g
do we non UKers have to worry that it will be sold out directly before it shows up on other stores? I see a eBay scalpers material here?

do we non UKers have to worry that it will be sold out directly before it shows up on other stores? I see a eBay scalpers material here?
There will be stock allocated to other UK retailers so you be fine
Just pre order from Amazon UK/Zavvi etc as soon as they go live to pre order

Reactions: Tompa
Paul, I think they have 5000 units of BR version, do you know about 4k UHD?
I not seen any info on print run for either 4K or Blu-ray editions

The usual UK retailers that sell second sight releases will be selling this

Diabolikdvd in USA also have said they will be selling it but will likely be a few weeks later than UK retailers.

As with all limited editions pre order as soon as it goes live so you dont miss out

Yikes! That's me out. Wouldn't pay that even if I did have the cash. Would prefer a slimmed down version without the hefty books that I'd probably never look at.

Reactions: MM3
Price is actually lot cheaper than I expected would be considering what is included in each box set

You also have the possibility with likes of Amazon and HMV price be less by release date

I will 100% be pre ordering

Reactions: MrSquifler
Price is actually lot cheaper than I expected would be considering what is included in each box set

You also have the possibility with likes of Amazon and HMV price be less by release date

I will 100% be pre ordering
Going by these prices for the limited editions what do you estimate the price of the non special edition will cost @paulboland?