Dawn of the Dead (1978) (4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 16, 2020
Purchase links: Second Sight 4K - BD - Amazon UK 4K - BD - Zavvi 4K - BD - HMV 4K - BD (Pre-order date Tuesday May 26th at 12PM Midday UK time)
Price: £79.99 (4K) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £69.99 (BD) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £74.99 (4K) (Amazon - HMV ) - £64.99 (BD) (Amazon - HMV)
Notes: 4K Box Set Limited to 12,000 and Blu-ray Box Set Limited to 6,000 - Second Sight Website will be UK shipping only

EihjUMcXkAENh6I.jpg

89770343_1753413558126403_7759930113348599808_o.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding Zavvi and limited editions, does anybody know what’s Zavvi is up to of late, regarding their limited edition releases? I kept an eye on a few over the last few weeks ( Man with xray eyes, Hagazussa, Revenge, and The woman), and, curiously they all went sold out in early hrs of release day - up to then they were only on pre order. Anybody got any idea what this is about? As soon as release day hits, then they were all sold out?

Regarding Zavvi and limited editions, does anybody know what’s Zavvi is up to of late, regarding their limited edition releases? I kept an eye on a few over the last few weeks ( Man with xray eyes, Hagazussa, Revenge, and The woman), and, curiously they all went sold out in early hrs of release day - up to then they were only on pre order. Anybody got any idea what this is about? As soon as release day hits, then they were all sold out?
Usuualy it means they have sold out of their stock allocation and other times they not received all the stock yet
When release date arrives if there is no stock on their system it auto lists as sold out

Reactions: Vegano
UHD DISC 1: THE THEATRICAL CUT

• New 4K scan and restoration of the Original Camera Negative by Second Sight at Final Frame New York and London supervised and approved by DoP Michael Gornick
  • Presented in HDR10+
  • Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 1.0 Mono - New restoration of the original OCN Optical / DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • Commentary by George A Romero, Tom Savini, Christine Forrest
  • NEW commentary by Travis Crawford
  • New optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
UHD DISC 2 – THE EXTENDED (‘CANNES’) CUT

• Produced using 4k scan of the Theatrical Cut Original Camera Negative and 4K scan of the Extended Cut Colour Reversal Internegative
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 1.0 Mono
  • Presented in HDR10+
  • Commentary by Richard P Rubinstein
UHD DISC 3 – THE ARGENTO CUT

• 4K scan of the Interpositive by Michele De Angelis at Backlight Digital, Rome
  • Audio: DT-HD Master Audio Mono 1.0 / Surround 5.1 / Stereo 2.0
  • Commentary by Ken Foree, Scott Reiniger, Gaylen Ross, David Emge
BLU-RAY DISC 4: SPECIAL FEATURES

• NEW Zombies and Bikers: with John Amplas, Roy Frumkes, Tom Savini, Christine Forrest, Tom Dubensky, Tony Buba, Taso Stavrakis and a whole host of zombies and bikers! (59 mins)
  • NEW Memories of Monroeville: a tour of the mall with Michael Gornick, Tom Savini, Tom Dubensky and Taso Stavrakis (34 mins)
  • NEW Raising the Dead: The Production Logistics: with Michael Gornick, Christine Forrest, John Amplas, Tom Dubensky (23 mins)
  • NEW The FX of Dawn with Tom Savini (13 mins)
  • NEW Dummies! Dummies!: An interview with Richard France (12 mins)
  • NEW The Lost Romero Dawn Interview: previously unreleased archive interview (20 mins)
  • Super 8 Mall Footage by zombie extra Ralph Langer with option of archive commentary by Robert Langer and new commentary by Ralph Langer (13 mins)
  • Document of the Dead: The Original Cut with optional commentary by Roy Frumkes (66 mins)
  • Document of the Dead: The Definitive Cut (100 mins)
  • The Dead Will Walk 2014 Documentary (80 mins)
  • Trailers, TV and Radio Spots (TBC)
Limited Edition Contents

AUDIO CD DISC 1

• The Goblin Soundtrack – 17 tracks including Alternate and Bonus Tracks
AUDIO CD DISC 2

• The Complete De Wolfe Library Cues Part 1
AUDIO CD DISC 3

• The Complete De Wolfe Library Cues Part 2
  • Rigid box with lid featuring the original iconic artwork
  • 2 inner digipaks
  • 150 page hardback book featuring 16 new essays, archive article, archive George A Romero interview and rare Behind-The-Scenes stills
  • Dawn of the Dead: The novelisation book by George A Romero and Susanna Sparrow with exclusive artwork

Usuualy it means they have sold out of their stock allocation and other times they not received all the stock yet
When release date arrives if there is no stock on their system it auto lists as sold out
Yeah, that’s right. But it’s very unusual for this to happen in exactly the same way on such very recent releases. Literally, the ones i mentioned were all up for pre order right up until release day, then when i checked on them early hours in the morning (on release dates) they were sold out. In the case of “The Woman” (release date yesterday), it was available in the early hrs, but still only as a pre order, then was sold out a bit later on. I wouldn’t class these releases as particularly high demand, as the titles are a bit “niche”, imo - certainly not high demand enough to be sold out by ( and on) release date.

Just checked Paul, Man with xray eyes is back in stock - nice one, thanks.

Yeah, that’s right. But it’s very unusual for this to happen in exactly the same way on such very recent releases. Literally, the ones i mentioned were all up for pre order right up until release day, then when i checked on them early hours in the morning (on release dates) they were sold out. In the case of “The Woman” (release date yesterday), it was available in the early hrs, but still only as a pre order, then was sold out a bit later on. I wouldn’t class these releases as particularly high demand, as the titles are a bit “niche”, imo - certainly not high demand enough to be sold out by ( and on) release date.
That would have been Zavvi website auto listing as sold out on Monday due to Zavvi not having the stock yet
When Zavvi get delivery from Arrow and the stock is added to zavvi stock system it will change to Buy Now

When you see a pre order go listed as Sold Out on release date it means Zavvi not got delivery yet

Reactions: Vegano
Can i ask you guys a question. Is this only Dawn of the dead 1978? Just one movie and different cuts. Or will it also have the 2004 version on 4k?

Can i ask you guys a question. Is this only Dawn of the dead 1978? Just one movie and different cuts. Or will it also have the 2004 version on 4k?
Three different cuts of the 1978 film. Why do you ask? There hasn't been the slightest hint that the 2004 film would be included with this release.

Reactions: GrimmReapah
Three different cuts of the 1978 film. Why do you ask? There hasn't been the slightest hint that the 2004 film would be included with this release.
Was hoping that it does. I pre ordered this blindly. Becouse i know how things can sell out fast. Also no steelbook or lenticular and just one movie with a load of extra's... maybe i'll cancel it:whistle: but thanks for the reaction:thumbs:

Reactions: Ranavalone
The 4K UHD Release limited edition is Region Free
Note the Blu-ray extras disc in 4K edition is Region B

The Blu-ray Release limited edition is Region B locked

Last edited:
Will probably wait for this to go Live on Amazon and get from there.