Dawn of the Dead (1978) (4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 16, 2020
Purchase links: Second Sight 4K - BD - Amazon UK 4K - BD - Zavvi 4K - BD - HMV 4K - BD (Pre-order date Tuesday May 26th at 12PM Midday UK time)
Price: £79.99 (4K) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £69.99 (BD) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £74.99 (4K) (Amazon - HMV ) - £64.99 (BD) (Amazon - HMV)
Notes: 4K Box Set Limited to 12,000 and Blu-ray Box Set Limited to 6,000 - Second Sight Website will be UK shipping only

EihjUMcXkAENh6I.jpg

89770343_1753413558126403_7759930113348599808_o.jpg

Last edited:
Any reason why amazon instead of zavvi ?
I usually buy on amaeon, but since it was not live yet i pre-ordered at zavvi
Zavvi when it comes to box sets can be hit and miss when it comes to packaging used
Some might get lucky be shipped in a box and some will have shipped in bubble mailer

When Zavvi use bubble mailer chance of arriving damaged is high but you can be lucky sometimes.

Amazon more likely to use box or cardboard wraparound mailer

Any reason why amazon instead of zavvi ?
I usually buy on amaeon, but since it was not live yet i pre-ordered at zavvi
I normally get bits before release with Amazon and lately, a few bits I've had from Zavvi have turned up damaged or not at all, haven't as of yet had a problem with anything from Amazon.

I just remembered to order this, heh. Mind, it doesn't seem to be selling out as quick as I thought.
Ordered from Zavvi, as they've still been shipping me goodies during the covid crisis, I can support that.
I know what Amz.uk was doing, I'm not a bit angry at them. :thumbs:

Zavvi when it comes to box sets can be hit and miss when it comes to packaging used
Some might get lucky be shipped in a box and some will have shipped in bubble mailer

When Zavvi use bubble mailer chance of arriving damaged is high but you can be lucky sometimes.

Amazon more likely to use box or cardboard wraparound mailer

Ordred only once from zavvi and arrived damaged
Order a lot from amazon and arrived most of the times with little damages as they still need to discover what bubble wrap is

• Haha
Reactions: Billy Talent
Seriously ? They must have chosen you...
:LOL:
Nearly every Arrow release that I've had on pre-order with them comes at least a couple of days before it apparently should. Don't know if I'm lucky with them or if that's just the Norm :LOL:

Normally it's best to go for the 4K release even if you don't have 4K as they normally and should include the standard Blu-ray version, it could save you a little money down the line if you ever do upgrade if things like this sell out and end up being resold for double the price.

Bit shocking and poor from Second Sight not to include the normal Blu-ray version or discs in the 4K version for the price they are selling this for.

• Wow
Reactions: Billy Talent
I would say yes. This is the only 4K release of this film anywhere.

So far.....

Will Secondsight have exclusivity on this?
France and Italy have had 4K UHD release of European Cut
They though was not using this new 4K remastered scan and had no HDR

Second Sight release is a brand new 4K remaster scan of all 3 cuts of the film on both UHD and Blu-ray

Normally it's best to go for the 4K release even if you don't have 4K as they normally and should include the standard Blu-ray version, it could save you a little money down the line if you ever do upgrade if things like this sell out and end up being resold for double the price.

Bit shocking and poor from Second Sight not to include the normal Blu-ray version or discs in the 4K version for the price they are selling this for.
If they included both Blu-ray and UHD discs in one release the price would be very high and affect sales as a lot would be less likely to purchase.

This is a brand new 4K remaster of all 3 film cuts and has lot of brand new extras.

There will be standard edition later when limited editions sell out

I have pre ordered the Blu-ray edition

I'm in no rush to upgrade to a 4K TV yet

A combined 4K/Blu-ray edition the price would have been very high and made me consider not purchasing at all

I can always get the 4K standard edition that will eventually be released at a later time if I upgraded to 4K by then

Do you guys think they have a sort of 10k limited run or it might be they are waiting for preorders before going into production and setting the number?

Do you guys think they have a sort of 10k limited run or it might be they are waiting for preorders before going into production and setting the number?
Details of print run not known for sure
Some retailers will sell out quicker than others

There will be a standard edition later as it clearly mentions what is exclusive to the limited editions box sets and that's the CD Soundtracks and 2 Books

Second Sight always do standard edition after limited editions sell out

Zavvi have already sent out email saying selling fast low stock