Dawn of the Dead (1978) (4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 16, 2020
Purchase links: Second Sight 4K - BD - Amazon UK 4K - BD - Zavvi 4K - BD - HMV 4K - BD (Pre-order date Tuesday May 26th at 12PM Midday UK time)
Price: £79.99 (4K) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £69.99 (BD) (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £74.99 (4K) (Amazon - HMV ) - £64.99 (BD) (Amazon - HMV)
Notes: 4K Box Set Limited to 12,000 and Blu-ray Box Set Limited to 6,000 - Second Sight Website will be UK shipping only

EihjUMcXkAENh6I.jpg

89770343_1753413558126403_7759930113348599808_o.jpg

Last edited:
Any thoughts as to why this can’t be shipped to the US when every other item within Amazon UK appears to have shipping to the States?

Any thoughts as to why this can’t be shipped to the US when every other item within Amazon UK appears to have shipping to the States?
It will eventually they allowing more items on a daily/weekly basics

Amazon UK have started to allow some but not all items be shipped to USA it's the same with Amazon USA only some items they now shipping to UK

It's to do with Covid-19 lack of shipping options less flights and Amazon warehouses having to process more than usual essential goods orders

Just keep checking every few days over the coming weeks

Reactions: Devoid Of Truth
Never ordered from Base before, How is their packaging reputation?
I don't know :ohno: Taking a risk here for the price and US shipping. It did come recomended from a member on br.com who said their packaging is better than Zavvi. Only complaint was from one member who once had a preorder cancelled since they took more preorders then they had stock allocated. But the preorder has been taken down periodically as out of stock so many have guessed that they are honestly representing what they will have available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Devoid Of Truth
Beware ordering from Base as they often try to get stock from a distributor just before or after release date

There is a cut off date retailers have to submitt a pre order with some distributors releases
If the distributor has sold out they can't supply stock if you not secured your stock order inadvance by the cut off date

Base have had this happen a lot with Arrow limited edition releases as an example they submitted their order to get stock after arrow had sold out

Second Sight have a cut off date if you miss that date any order done after by the retailer may not be fuffiled unless stock is still available

This also used to happen with Zavvi a few years ago with second sight releases but they was lucky on some but not all releases was not sold out and just meant a delay in getting stock delivered by the distributor after release date.

I would advise pre ordering from likes of Amazon or HMV if you want to be sure of getting your order fuffiled

Saw Second sight say on Facebook yesterday in response to someone that there wasn't a specific print run in mind as of now but said anyone who ordered on their website would definitely get one.

Not really that limited then is it all things considered

Saw Second sight say on Facebook yesterday in response to someone that there wasn't a specific print run in mind as of now but said anyone who ordered on their website would definitely get one.

Not really that limited then is it all things considered
Will be when they eventually sell out :naughty: :rofl:

Reactions: MrSquifler
"limited edition to as many as we can possibly sell"

Not really any different to a standard retail release of the week
No standard releaes have many print runs
Only when the distribution rights expire they stop doing more print runs.

Limited editions have one print run
The Soundtrack CD's and 2 Books are exclusive to the limited editions

When the limited edition sell out then second sight will do standard editions

Distributors do not need to mention what the print run is for limited editions if they dont want to say.

I hope they will provide pics from the actual boxset before release date. I'm really stressed about how the discs will be housed in these.
Hoping for a Koch Media / Criterion US digipack rather than Criterion UK / 84' Entertainment digipacks or "book-thing" like the latest Godzilla collection or Al Adamson's. I hate those. I don't like my discs to get scratched and/or covered with fingerprints :ohno:

I hope they will provide pics from the actual boxset before release date. I'm really stressed about how the discs will be housed in these.
Hoping for a Koch Media / Criterion US digipack rather than Criterion UK / 84' Entertainment digipacks or "book-thing" like the latest Godzilla collection or Al Adamson's. I hate those. I don't like my discs to get scratched and/or covered with fingerprints :ohno:
Its 2 digipacks in a box be like previous second sight releases
Films discs in one digipack and CD Soundtracks in the other

The 2 books are separate inside the rigid box

Last edited: