mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
When there’s no more room in Hell, the dead walk the Earth.”
5.Jpg

The One:12 Collective Dawn of the Dead Boxed Set includes two of the most recognizable undead corpses in cinematic history: Flyboy and Plaid Shirt Zombie.

Flyboy Zombie, also known as Stephen Andrews, is cornered by the living dead while trying to escape through an elevator shaft. Now joining the forces of the infected, Flyboy is outfitted in blood stained clothing – a button down workmen’s shirt, belt, workmen’s pants, and wedge work boots. He comes equipped with his signature pistol from the iconic scene in the film.

Straight from the original Dawn of the Dead movie poster, Plaid Shirt Zombie is presented in a distressed flannel shirt exposing his rotting flesh, jeans, and work boots.

Both zombies clawed their way into the public consciousness from their appearance in George A. Romero's groundbreaking horror film, Dawn of the Dead, where a group takes refuge to make humanity’s last stand against a horde of zombies swarming the U.S. Although their actual screen time was fleeting, their influence on pop culture is long-lasting. Life-size figures of the two characters flanked the entrance to the Monroeville Zombies Museum in the Monroeville Mall, the primary shooting location of the film.

THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE DAWN OF THE DEAD FIGURES FEATURES:
  • One:12 Collective body with over 28 points of articulation
  • One (1) head portrait
  • Hand painted authentic detailing
  • Approximately 17cm tall
    • Flyboy Zombie ~16.6cm
    • Plaid Shirt Zombie ~16.7cm
  • Two (2) interchangeable hands
    • One (1) set of posing hands (L&R)
COSTUME:
  • Flyboy Zombie
    • Button down workmen’s shirt
    • Belt
    • Workmen’s pants
    • Wedge work boots
  • Plaid Shirt Zombie
    • Flannel shirt
    • Jeans
    • Work boots
ACCESSORIES:
  • Flyboy Zombie
    • One (1) pistol
    • One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
    • One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post
  • Plaid Shirt Zombie
    • One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
    • One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post
Each One:12 Collective Dawn of the Dead Boxed Set is packaged in a collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.

Product Details
Expected to ship
Ships Jan - March 2019
$130.00
https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-dawn-of-the-dead-boxed-set

1.Jpg

2.Jpg

3.Jpg

4.Jpg

Those are pretty cool. But I could never get into the 12" clothed figures....
out of curiosity , why? Just cause its more like a doll? Or dont care for mixed media? or that cause sometimes the cloth isnt tight fitting and then it makes it not look as nice.

I ask cause I like mixed media, on statues even too. But I noticed a lot of people dont like mixed media ... even saw a poll recently about mixed media on statue and like 75% was against it.

Any reasons or just subjective in preferring total sculpts.

out of curiosity , why? Just cause its more like a doll? Or dont care for mixed media? or that cause sometimes the cloth isnt tight fitting and then it makes it not look as nice.

I ask cause I like mixed media, on statues even too. But I noticed a lot of people dont like mixed media ... even saw a poll recently about mixed media on statue and like 75% was against it.

I usually don't care for it, but mostly because the cloth looks loose and ugly. I just order NECA's Guillermo del Toro figure because, well, it's GDT, but the clothes look ridiculous on him. It would've looked much better with them. I have seen figures that look good, but I usually only like cloth on my figures if it's just a cape or something.

I don't mind mixed-media if it's done right and looks to scale. The 12" "dolls" just never get that, no matter how hard they try. 3Zero is close.... I think it's the 1/12 scale. I currently am collecting the 18" Sideshow Court of the Dead statue - The cloth is done super well! Looks more to scale, but there are no zippers or buttons that call out the scale either.
I mean, look at that plaid jacket on the zombie - and the tear in it.....ugh
Hot Toys nails the portrait sculpts (most of the time), so i'm ok with those. I'm not too keen on the super articulated body when the articulation is visible. Usually wrists and necks. I think that looks ugly.
And i really don't like the generic body for every frickin' figure.....That's the thing that screams out "doll" to me. If they customized the bodies per sculpt, maybe i'd be more into them.

And the prices on these guys are ridiculous for what you get.....i guess knowing what this stuff costs ruins the mystery of that.

I guess my age is showing too. I used to love to collect "toys", but now i prefer the resin statues. More "art" pieces rather than toys.
Even with smaller scale figures. You can't find the "statues" anymore like McF used to do. Everything is super articulated and screams "toys". I always liked them when they were statues and came across more as art.

I don't mind mixed-media if it's done right and looks to scale. The 12" "dolls" just never get that, no matter how hard they try. 3Zero is close.... I think it's the 1/12 scale. I currently am collecting the 18" Sideshow Court of the Dead statue - The cloth is done super well! Looks more to scale, but there are no zippers or buttons that call out the scale either.
I mean, look at that plaid jacket on the zombie - and the tear in it.....ugh
Hot Toys nails the portrait sculpts (most of the time), so i'm ok with those. I'm not too keen on the super articulated body when the articulation is visible. Usually wrists and necks. I think that looks ugly.
And i really don't like the generic body for every frickin' figure.....That's the thing that screams out "doll" to me. If they customized the bodies per sculpt, maybe i'd be more into them.

And the prices on these guys are ridiculous for what you get.....i guess knowing what this stuff costs ruins the mystery of that.

I guess my age is showing too. I used to love to collect "toys", but now i prefer the resin statues. More "art" pieces rather than toys.
Even with smaller scale figures. You can't find the "statues" anymore like McF used to do. Everything is super articulated and screams "toys". I always liked them when they were statues and came across more as art.

yeah that makes a lot of sense to me. esp your sentiment in regards to pricing and knowing ... I get similar feelings on the media(movies) stuff esp when i know when its licensing is the issue and they make up other false stuff to put a spin on things publicly.

and yeah i hate seeing joints and stuff , it can vary piece by piece tho on 1/6 scale , but by example i usually dont like neca 1/4 scale except the turtles cause the big knee pads etc cover the joints etc.

Reactions: spawnshop