BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Dead for a Dollar

Genre: Western, Thriller

Director: Walter Hill

Cast: Willem Dafoe, Christoph Waltz

Plot: Famed bounty hunter Max Borlund is hired to find and return Rachel Price, the politically progressive wife of Nathan Price, a successful Santa Fe businessman. Max is told she has been kidnapped by an African-American army deserter, Elijah Jones, and is being held for ransom in Mexico. When Max goes south of the border he soon runs across his sworn enemy, expatriate American Joe Cribbens, a professional gambler and sometime outlaw, who Max had tracked down and sent to prison years before. When Borlund finds Rachel and Elijah hiding deep in the wilds of the Mexican desert, he discovers that Rachel has willingly fled from an abusive husband, and the runaway soldier is, in fact, her romantic partner. Max is now faced with a dilemma: does he return the wife back across the border to the man who hired him, or does he aid Rachel’s bid for freedom and fight off ruthless hired guns and his longtime criminal rival.

Very old fashioned western, with everyone convening at one small town for a final showdown, but that's good, it's exactly what I wanted, since I missed such movies in their prime due to my age, and never watched old westerns.
Christoph Waltz's character seems to have walked right off Tarantino's Django, but that's also a plus.
Might have liked someone more famous or familiar as the female lead though.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database