Dead Space 1 & 2 - Get Dead Space Extraction FREE when you purchase Dead Space 2 New!

Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition only $59.99 @ Target

Not sure whether this belongs here as it is not a Steelbook, but I thought this was a great deal and it may not last long. Right now, Target has the recently announced Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition for $59.99 with Free Shipping. This edition is selling at Amazon and Gamestop for $79.99. Please note that through a quick online search you should also be able to find a Target coupon for $5 off $50 which can be used to order this. It's not a code but rather a link that you hit through these deal sites that activates the coupon. This edition will include:

- Only available on the PS3 , Dead Space 2 Limited Edition features the full game as well as the critically acclaimed Dead Space Extraction with Sony Move compatibility.
- Isaac Clark's collectible replica Plasma Cutter. Plasma Cutter is modeled from the new design in Dead Space 2 and features trigger activated LED lights.
- The Dead Space 2 Original Soundtrack. Soundtrack features an hour of music compiled from the score of Dead Space 2. Also included is a Scoring of Dead Space 2 featurette.
- Rare lithograph depicting Necromorph transformation concept art by Visceral Games artist Brett Marting.
- Isaac Unitology Suit and accompanying Force Gun in-game items. Each offer unique advantages to the player when used in Dead Space 2.

The Plasma Cutter in particular will be released in North America only. This is really the edition to have for this highly anticipated title.

Dead-Space-2_CELG.jpg

Last edited:
Thread moved from Steelbook "Hot Deals" area. Not sure if this is a "Hot Deal" (not familiar with game prices/promos) and should be in Hot Deals II area (not movies), or if you prefer it in PS3 area.

Wow, that is an awesome deal for that package ... I never got into to Dead Space though. But I know others that have.

Dead Space 2 "scarier" than original, says Riccitiello

Electronic Arts overlord John Riccitiello has let slip that he’s recently wrapped up on his first playthrough of survival horror sequel Dead Space 2, and wasted no time in reassuring fans that it’s “scarier” than the original.

Speaking during a chinwag with Kotaku, Riccitiello also heaped praise on the game’s pacing and boss battles, going so far as to label the latter as being far superior than those found in Dead Space 1.

Needless to say, the executive’s claims that the sequel is in fact scarier than its predecessor will no doubt come as a relief to fans who previously expressed concerns over the game’s more action-orientated antics.

Dead Space Save Unlocks Old Skool Plasma Cutter For The Sequel

If you're about to erase your old Dead Space 1 progress to make room for Dead Space 2 later this month, hold fire, because any save file - incomplete or otherwise - from the original game will be detected in Dead Space 2 to unlock the original plasma cutter for use right from the start of the sequel.

Players of the first game will remember the faithful weapon, with its wide rotating barrel, enabling Isaac to sever heads or limbs with surgical precision. Sadly however, you'll have to start from scratch when it comes to upgrading the weapon. Boooooo! You might also remember tackling a pesky trophy that tasked you with finishing the entire game using solely the plasma cutter.

The original was one of my favourite games of its year. So stoked for this one.. though, EB Games doesn't have the CE for pre-order anymore.. so I'm gonna try my luck next Tuesday and hopefully find one elsewhere.

I want this game but already have too many to play.

I know how you feel. I have it ordered from amazon but I still have to finish the first one. I also just started Mass Effect 2 and want to finish Undead Nightmare and The Sly Cooper Collection. And I want to do all of this before Killzone 3 (not gonna happen).

I had told myself that I'd be a lot further in Gran Turismo 5 before this came out, but I never got that into it. I'm still playing a ton of Starcraft 2 so I think GT5 will get shelved for a while so I can play this and SC2 :D I'll prolly be on this all night - so excited!!!

Dead Space 2 'Severed' DLC Incoming

Visceral has today announced that Dead Space 2 is getting a batch of story-driven content entitled 'Severed', that is set to introduce two new standalone chapters to the single-player game, featuring Gabe Weller and Lexine Murdock, the two main characters from 2009's Dead Space: Extraction.

Severed will run parallel to Isaac Clarke's exploits in Dead Space 2, but you'll assume the role Gabe Weller, working as a Sprawl Security Guard. Weller finds himself up to his neck in another outbreak of Necromorphs, as he strives to get to safety with Lexine.

Dead Space 2: Severed has yet to be priced or dated, with EA's official line being that it's 'coming soon'. That'll have to be good enough for now.

F*cking EA and their DLC right at the release of a game.... I hate the company for this, and they do it alot.... if it's ready at the time of release, it should be included with the game. I'm not buying it even if it is the greatest DLC in the history of DLC

This is still a cool game though, played for a couple hours last night!

Just got the collector's edition.. the first was easily one of my favourites of its year. But sadly can't play until the weekend. Damn work. :(

F*cking EA and their DLC right at the release of a game.... I hate the company for this, and they do it alot.... if it's ready at the time of release, it should be included with the game. I'm not buying it even if it is the greatest DLC in the history of DLC

This is still a cool game though, played for a couple hours last night!

Most of the time it's just extra guns, or unlocking guns early. I don't mind as I don't really want the packs. I mean stronger armor with a higher HP is cool, but I don't usually need it...

Play Dead Space 2 With the Devs This Saturday, Unlock New Viral Suits

4986783267_ac385fa445.jpg

I’m happy to announce we will be doing a PlayStation 3 Dead Space 2 Game with Developers session on Saturday, February 12th starting at 3pm PST (RSVP here)! So far, the reaction to Dead Space 2’s multiplayer has been mixed — some people really love it, others have yet to discover how much fun it can be. The best thing I can tell folks is to play as a team and communicate. Dead Space 2’s MP was designed around both cooperation and competition; if you run off like some Space Marine Bozo, you will get TORN UP. Work with your teammates, coordinate as you move towards your objectives, and remember: A team that plays together will generally win.

I’m excited about this weekend since the team and I will be getting a chance to play with people on the PS3. Not only do I hope that we can help people understand the best strategies for success, but we will also have a few cool goodies for those people who are dedicated to playing MP.

The team and I will be wearing two all-new Viral Suits during this Saturday’s session RSVP here: 1. White Tiger Stripe 2. Viral Blue. The idea here is that if people manage to kill the developers they will unlock one or both of these suits. The best part is that after someone gets the suit it goes “viral,” meaning that anyone who kills a person wearing one of the suit will also unlock it. So anyone who gets that suit will have a big bulls-eye on their back!

4987385126_46c43759ff.jpg

In addition to this weekend’s multiplayer session, the team (as well as myself) hops online from time to time for impromptu game sessions. If you’re interested in keeping up to date on when we may be playing, or to see if we have any other neat tricks up our sleeves, please follow me on Twitter. Leveluptime is also my PSN ID!

If you want to keep fully up to date on all things Dead Space, please follow @DeadSpace on Twitter. One last thing: if you want to make sure to be a part of the Game with Developers session this Saturday, please RSVP here. Thanks a ton for supporting the Dead Space 2 team and Visceral Games. I look forward to playing and meeting you all this weekend.

EA's John Riccitiello mentions Dead Space 3

Dead Space 2’s barely slithered out of the air-vents but that hasn’t stopped EA from dropping the first hints that a sequel could be in the pipeline.

Specifically, the publishing giant's CEO, John Riccitiello, said at the recent Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference that he doesn’t expect sales of the survival horror franchise to skyrocket until a third game crops up.

"Right now we've got strong, growing franchises including Madden, FIFA... Need for Speed, Medal of Honor and Battlefield - I include them as one because we're unlikely to ship them in any one year at the same time.

"[There's also] Mass Effect... Dragon Age... and the one that's sort of not proven that's coming later in our fiscal year, Star Wars [The Old Republic]," he added.

"That excludes Dead Space because I think it will probably take Dead Space 3 before we get into that five million unit cadence versus say three, four."

Elsewhere, Riccitiello extolled the publisher’s extensive IP portfolio, labelling it as the best in the industry and in “the history of our company. I feel great about that,” he beamed.

i just bought this today. T tell the truth I only bought it so I could get Extraction and play it with the Move. I played DS2 a bit tho first and it's spooky as hell. I also went into an online game for a bit, hahaha. I was running around as an undead child clawing away at the other guys. kinda rediculous and stupid if you asked me but I suppose some stoners may enjoy it, lol.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Wow, Extraction is completely stupid. it's like hose FPS games you used to play in the arcade where all the motion is done by the game itself and you are just pointing and shooting at stuff like a shooting gallery, hahaha. If anyone like myself is looking for another Move game and is thinking of picking this up. DO NOT.