Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99 - £19.99 - £14.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE

01-66760.jpg

03-66760.jpg
02-66760.jpg

01-66760.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently looking at the steelbook central website and I'm wondering if they carry any fully enclosed steelbook covers for regular sized steelbooks like Deadpool 2. I only see 3 sided covers.

Anybody know?

I already have some fully enclosed covers but I don't know where I got them from.
SCF1
Look under Steelbook protectors instead of slipcovers

Reactions: Stygian
I don't get why people pre-order it in the first place if they don't like it. You're actually helping to ensure they stick with the design that you don't like by pre-ordering :confused:.
I know what you mean but I pre-order to ensure that I get a copy in case it becomes sold out. If I knew for certain what the design is when they announce the steelbook, I would only order it if I like it. I'm sure loads of people do this.

I dont think they sell them anymore. I've been looking for a few myself but can't locate them on their eBay site or their site. Regarding the Steelbook protectors.

I'm currently looking at the steelbook central website and I'm wondering if they carry any fully enclosed steelbook covers for regular sized steelbooks like Deadpool 2. I only see 3 sided covers.

Anybody know?

I already have some fully enclosed covers but I don't know where I got them from.
FYI, over at Steelbook Central, the fully enclosed regular steelbook protector SCF1s still showing in stock. :thumbs: i prefer SC2s for normal steelbooks and enclosed for premiums. however, with all the recent larger/thicker releases from retailers, i am almost never using SCF2s anymore, SCF4's quite a lot, and now SCF8s much more, all thanks to the recent f a t t e n i n g of HDZeta, blufans and some FACs! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Stygian
Dammit
Knew I should have waited longer....

Ah well. I have watched it like 5 times since release so and for a 4 disc, two format set that matches the first am happy enough

I've stopped pre-ordering from HMV as it's hit and miss for things going in and out of stock.

Instead I use the old skool steelbook method of having a tab open on my browser which is my HMV basket. I add the item I'm interested in to my basket and then update the quantity to 999. If there's less than 999 in stock it will drop down to the amount they have currently. If It's less than about 60 then I order (like the pic below, ignore Fallout, I hadn't updated that yet) Hope that helps some of you.

If I really want the film then I'll day one from the HMV round the corner from my work so I can hand pick my copy.

HMV.png

You'll lucky. We have an HMV in Belfast but they never stock steelbooks. The only good thing they do is the premium collection in which they do the odd 2 for £15. And that's always guaranteed on Black Friday and Christmas.

I usually pre-order, but have refused to pay £30 for a 4K steelbook (unless it also includes 3D).

So if it drops in price, great I may pick it up; if it sells out, oh well, saved myself £30 anyway. Win, win IMO :thanks:

So it only took a month for this to drop in price. As one of those who isn't a fan of the artwork, even I'm surprised that it has dropped so quickly. Fox must have thought that just because it's Deadpool, people will just buy it regardless of artwork or price and they have been proved wrong. Either that or they just made a tonne of them.

I've stopped pre-ordering from HMV as it's hit and miss for things going in and out of stock.

Instead I use the old skool steelbook method of having a tab open on my browser which is my HMV basket. I add the item I'm interested in to my basket and then update the quantity to 999. If there's less than 999 in stock it will drop down to the amount they have currently. If It's less than about 60 then I order (like the pic below, ignore Fallout, I hadn't updated that yet) Hope that helps some of you.

If I really want the film then I'll day one from the HMV round the corner from my work so I can hand pick my copy.

View attachment 398746
I always forget about this method...should employ it myself for HMV and zavvi

So it only took a month for this to drop in price. As one of those who isn't a fan of the artwork, even I'm surprised that it has dropped so quickly. Fox must have thought that just because it's Deadpool, people will just buy it regardless of artwork or price and they have been proved wrong. Either that or they just made a tonne of them.

Probably more due to the fact that the digital and amaray prices have dropped already pretty quickly.

Zavvi don't have real-time stock levels so it doesn't work with them unfortunately. It works on Amazon though on the rare occassion I buy a steel from them.
No?
I’d assume it would work for all retailers.
Thanks for the info.

Might try with Zavvi but considering they have thing come in and go out of stock many times, I can’t see it bein reliable even if this method would have worked