Up North Canada
Release Date: October 3, 2017
Price: $22.99
Purchase Link: Best Buy

DP 4K.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Was the first steel 4k?

In fact, Deadpool wasn't available in 4K at the time and I don't think 4K UHD movies had been released at all at that point.

Still on the Best Buy Canada website but it has been sold out in Canada since the day it was released.
Which was May 10th, 2016. It wasn't even available in store because they didn't have enough copies to put in stores after pre-orders were taken. A week (or less) before the release date,
Online Only was added to the listing and to the Friday newspaper flyer, which really pissed off the masses that went looking for it in stores that day. It was ugly. A lot of angry people that day.
A massive re-seller title for all those who pre-ordered huge quantities though.

Deadpool (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (Blu-ray Combo) (2016) - Online Only

Last edited:
Yea in NA, the first steelbook was Huntsman: Winter's War. And the first Deadpool steelbook was not 4K.

I found the comments in the Huntsman: Winter's War 4K steelbook thread that were posted at the time about it being the first 4K steelbook very interesting. The members that posted there are still here now and I think they would find their original comments quite interesting, as well as how their opinions have changed about 4K steelbooks since then.

I recommend reading the 2 pages for fun.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Group buy for this??? @apsmith21

Thank you

Well the odd thing about this listing is the fact that the release date shows as October 3rd, 2017.
Which was 11 days ago. If you click the link in the OP, it takes you to the Best Buy listing which shows as sold out.

So if this really was released on October 3rd then I guess it really is sold out.

Although they still have copies of the original Deadpool Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Copy steelbook for $17.99.

Deadpool [Includes Digital Copy] [Steelbook] [Only @ Best Buy] [Blu-ray] 2016

Release Date: October 3, 2017
Price: $22.99
Purchase Link: Best Buy

View attachment 338643

Actually after looking for listings on eBay and not finding any, I don't think this has been released or somebody would have mentioned seeing this in a store by now.

Anybody in the US ever see this 4K steelbook? Looking at the packaging, I'm thinking this might be more of a November or December release like the Christmas amaray release last year.

Actually after looking for listings on eBay and not finding any, I don't think this has been released or somebody would have mentioned seeing this in a store by now.

Anybody in the US ever see this 4K steelbook? Looking at the packaging, I'm thinking this might be more of a November or December release like the Christmas amaray release last year.

Not sure when it was released but it is now as my buddy @ash333 picked me one up :) He may post a pic of it if you ask him really nicely :hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: ash333 and Stygian
Not sure when it was released but it is now as my buddy @ash333 picked me one up :) He may post a pic of it if you ask him really nicely :hilarious:

Actually I have seen pictures of it sitting on a shelf in a Best Buy store in the U.S.
I admit that I am a little surprised that there hasn't been more mentioned about this release.
I thought that the 4K people would be more excited about this release.

• Thanks
Reactions: zesty
Actually I have seen pictures of it sitting on a shelf in a Best Buy store in the U.S.
I admit that I am a little surprised that there hasn't been more mentioned about this release.
I thought that the 4K people would be more excited about this release.

Me too it's not much difference in price of the amaray 4K over here and if it has the same SB as the original release then bonus :D

Me too it's not much difference in price of the amaray 4K over here and if it has the same SB as the original release then bonus :D

Exactly!

I thought the price was quite nice.
If this had been released in Canada it would be quite popular even with people who don't have a 4K setup.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the original release sold out before release day and it was never released in stores here.

• Thanks
Reactions: zesty
Nabbed a copy of this for $19.99 when I picked up the new Jumanji steel the other day. I didn’t realize it had been reissued with the UHD disc, so that was a pleasant surprise. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian