bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Death Note Movie Sequel Being Developed By Netflix
Netflix-Death-Note-poster-with-Ryuk.jpg

Source: ScreenRant
Netflix is developing a sequel to its live-action Death Note anime/manga film adaptation. The first Death Note movie was directed by horror filmmaker Adam Wingard (of You're Next and The Guest fame) and premiered on the streaming service almost exactly a year ago, in late August 2017.

Wingard's Death Note carries over the basic premise of Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's original manga series (in short: boy genius finds notebook that kills anyone whose name is written in it, uses it to murder criminals and those he deems "evil"), but otherwise Americanizes its characters and setting. The movie didn't exactly blow critics away upon its debut and was taken to task for whitewashing its source material, among other things. Nevertheless, the film clearly attracted a significant number of viewers on Netflix, as now evidenced by the news that a second live-action Death Note installment is making its way down the pipeline.

Cool.
I thought the ending of the first film kind of sucked... so I'm glad we will get more to continue where it left off.

Well, first film didnt really impress me. But it kept my curiosity, so i'll check this out. As much as i love Adam Wingard's other films, I'm not sure I wanna see him return.
@tridon

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I enjoyed Death Note greatly. Maybe I liked it because I'm not a hardcore fan of the anime, but to me, it was pretty damn cool. The carnival sequence was awesome!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I enjoyed Death Note greatly. Maybe I liked it because I'm not a hardcore fan of the anime, but to me, it was pretty damn cool. The carnival sequence was awesome!
I agree. That carnival scene was the highlight. I didnt have any issues with the story or the direction. I think my issues were with the characters.
Was it because I've seen the anime? May be, or may be not...