Thunder Bay
Released: November 8, 2019
Platforms: PS4
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

1.jpg

It's official! Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) and his new studio, Kojima Productions, are coming to the PS4 in exclusive capacity! :D

The new studio will be independent, so Sony won't own them, but this seems like the beginning to a very awesome relationship.

300px-Death_Stranding_cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheCollector86 what's MGS 5 like? I grabbed it from PS Plus game of the month thing probably about a year ago but have never played it. I played 1 to 3, but didn't complete 3 and have never gone back to it. I have a super short attention span now. Could used to play games for hours on end but if I don't play a title for like 2 days, I never go back to it.

Doubt I have the time or attention to play this

Amazing gameplay and presentation - probably the best stealth gameplay so far in any game. With that being said the story is an unfocused mess after the first few hours, delievered in bitesize episodes in the same way MGS Peace Walker was.. difference is that was designed for PSP on the go drop in and out gaming. I love MGSV but it's also the most disappointing gaming experience of my life.. I sunk over 200 hours into it and can still play it in slices to this day when I'm in the mood.. but if you expect a satisfying conclusion you're just not going to get it here. It's widely believed that the game is simply left unfinished.. an entire chapter is basically missing. Also the base building aspects and timed item crafting and materials gathering dampens and slows the initial experience as well. You don't need to do all this stuff but it's the only way to get all the best gear and weapons in the game.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: davhyl
Are we related? :p
Quite possibly. I'm guessing we're similar age too. Last time I fully immersed myself in a game was Zelda: Twilight Princess ~2006... And that was because I basically forced myself to.
Only games I really play now are arcade type ones and even that's rare. Really wish I could get back into RPGs

@TheCollector86 what's MGS 5 like? I grabbed it from PS Plus game of the month thing probably about a year ago but have never played it. I played 1 to 3, but didn't complete 3 and have never gone back to it. I have a super short attention span now. Could used to play games for hours on end but if I don't play a title for like 2 days, I never go back to it.

Doubt I have the time or attention to play this
well, this game is incomplete ...5 chapters were planned (if I remember right), but only 1 is in the game ...there is chapter 2, but 90% of the missions are the same as in chapter 1.
MGS5GZ is one mission
MSG5PP is an kind of open world game. huge mistake.
the story missions are great and the gameplay is top notch as always, but the game as a whole is bad or in other words: it's a good game, but a bad MGS.

Metal Gear Solid 1 & 3 are the best in the series and two of the best games of all time.

Quite possibly. I'm guessing we're similar age too. Last time I fully immersed myself in a game was Zelda: Twilight Princess ~2006... And that was because I basically forced myself to.
Only games I really play now are arcade type ones and even that's rare. Really wish I could get back into RPGs
Can't say it's been quite that long for me, but I certainly struggle to stick with games nowadays. I did recently complete South Park on the Switch, but I think it helped that I could lay in bed and play that. :p

• Haha
Reactions: davhyl
Awesome for putting my name on the thread Noodles for alert, cheers. I cant reply in certain threads yet. I must have also just missed out on this last night.
NP! :)

Can you not reply in the thread I linked to then? I know 20 posts are required for sections like the Sell/Trade forums, but it shouldn't apply to the videogaming section. I'll point this out to an admin if that's the case!

Well its random when it happens. I know about the trading forums but sometimes I just can't so I just assume I can post on certain threads etc. I should try and reinstall the App might help but thanks again.

Well its random when it happens. I know about the trading forums but sometimes I just can't so I just assume I can post on certain threads etc. I should try and reinstall the App might help but thanks again.
If you still experience problems after reinstalling, then try contacting @apsmith21. :)

Gah, I just saw what is possibly a huge spoiler for the game whilst looking through cover art on Reddit, so be careful out there!