Thunder Bay
Released: November 8, 2019
Platforms: PS4
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

1.jpg

It's official! Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) and his new studio, Kojima Productions, are coming to the PS4 in exclusive capacity! :D

The new studio will be independent, so Sony won't own them, but this seems like the beginning to a very awesome relationship.

300px-Death_Stranding_cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the tag
this game looks f#cking awesome ...5 months left. to be honest I thought this will be released in 2021 ...glad I was wrong.
NP! :)

Yeah, I was expecting 2020 at the earliest, so am happy to see we'll actually be getting it at the end of the year... if there's no delays, that is. :ohno:

Believe it or not, but this'll be my first ever Kojima experience.
Id highly reconmend playing a MGS before getting Death Stranding just get a feeling for Kojimas work. If you can find a copy play and play MGS Snake Eater either for PS2 for a bit of nostalgia or its in the HD collection for PS3 maybe PS4, well worth the buy. Personal opinion skip Phantom Pain its a bit meh, except for the cool collectors edition you can get for it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Id highly reconmend playing a MGS before getting Death Stranding just get a feeling for Kojimas work. If you can find a copy play and play MGS Snake Eater either for PS2 for a bit of nostalgia or its in the HD collection for PS3 maybe PS4, well worth the buy. Personal opinion skip Phantom Pain its a bit meh, except for the cool collectors edition you can get for it.
Although I've not actually played them myself, I have watched a playthrough video of MGS on PlayStation Access. I'm currently part way through watching their MGS Snake Eater series, which is pretty cheesy/cringy IMO lol. Honestly, I don't think they're games I'd enjoy playing now... maybe back in the day, but watching the playthroughs haven't really impressed me much unfortunately. :dunno:

Problem is - Story and plot is Kojima's weakest area. And this looks narrative heavy.

All his games are narrative driven. It's an acquired taste.. MGS became a sensation for its story and characters and the world he created. The gameplay alone is not why he's held in high regard. I'll concede MGS4 was self indulgent (but still impactful to longtime fans) and Peace Walker and MGSV **** the bed.. but you have to consider he wanted to stop making MGS games after MGS2. He tried to hand the reigns off to his team with Snake Eater and they needed to draft him back in. I get the impression he's wanted to break free for years and Konami kept him on lockdown. If the reports are true he wasn't even able to be in the same room as the development team throughout MGSV. This is a guy finally breaking free of that 'obilgation' and it might still turn out to be a mess, but I'm keen to see what he can deliver when it's not forced through the lens of another series he'd grown tired of.

All his games are narrative driven. It's an acquired taste.. MGS became a sensation for its story and characters and the world he created. The gameplay alone is not why he's held in high regard. I'll concede MGS4 was self indulgent (but still impactful to longtime fans) and Peace Walker and MGSV **** the bed.. but you have to consider he wanted to stop making MGS games after MGS2. He tried to hand the reigns off to his team with Snake Eater and they needed to draft him back in. I get the impression he's wanted to break free for years and Konami kept him on lockdown. If the reports are true he wasn't even able to be in the same room as the development team throughout MGSV. This is a guy finally breaking free of that 'obilgation' and it might still turn out to be a mess, but I'm keen to see what he can deliver when it's not forced through the lens of another series he'd grown tired of.
I get it, and I'm not rooting against him (why would I?)
I just have reservations. It is a little odd to see 5 or 6 long trailers and each one seems like they are for completely different games!
Every time new footage drops, it seems less focused and more messy.
It's always like "o.k., new footage - now we'll get more of a handle on what this is." And instead we are left even MORE confused!
Whatever it is, it certainly is an enigma storywise.
I just hope he didn't bite off more than he could chew.
I'm sure many people are chanting the mantra "Don't be No Man's Sky, Don't be No Man's Sky....";)

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard
@TheCollector86 what's MGS 5 like? I grabbed it from PS Plus game of the month thing probably about a year ago but have never played it. I played 1 to 3, but didn't complete 3 and have never gone back to it. I have a super short attention span now. Could used to play games for hours on end but if I don't play a title for like 2 days, I never go back to it.

Doubt I have the time or attention to play this

@TheCollector86 what's MGS 5 like? I grabbed it from PS Plus game of the month thing probably about a year ago but have never played it. I played 1 to 3, but didn't complete 3 and have never gone back to it. I have a super short attention span now. Could used to play games for hours on end but if I don't play a title for like 2 days, I never go back to it.

Doubt I have the time or attention to play this
Are we related? :p