Thunder Bay
Released: November 8, 2019
Platforms: PS4
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

1.jpg

It's official! Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) and his new studio, Kojima Productions, are coming to the PS4 in exclusive capacity! :D

The new studio will be independent, so Sony won't own them, but this seems like the beginning to a very awesome relationship.

300px-Death_Stranding_cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Timefall (Original Music From the World of Death Stranding) Album tracklist

1. “Trigger” Major Lazer x Khalid
  2. “Ghost” Au/Ra x Alan Walker
  3. “Death Stranding” CHVRCHES
  4. “YELLOW BOX” The Neighbourhood
  5. “Meanwhile…In Genova” The S.L.P.
  6. “Ludens” Bring Me the Horizon
  7. “Born in The Slumber” Flora Cash
  8. “Sing to Me” MISSIO

Speculation that the game will become fullblown horror and we'll end up on the moon in the Ludens suit. Won't get my hopes too high but I'm a big Dead Space fan and would love (based on PT) for Kojima to take this kind of twist. :hungry:

• Friendly
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Spoilers are out there already. Some real.. most fake or so it would seem. Comparisons being made to Red Dead Redemption 2 and Breath of the Wild: Sounds like to most folks it's big on presentation but slowgoing and tedious when it comes to actual gameplay like both those titles. And yes by the sounds of it walking around and managing item weight is the primary focus of the game lol. I'm trying to avoid in-depth story spoilers and just get a feel of where I should set my expectations with gameplay. Apparently you don't get any weapons until the 9 hour mark and it seems this could be a looong game with a rather sparse and empty open world and hubs that are copy/paste jobs.

Maybe Kojima just got too burnt out trapped at Konami for so long that he used all his best energy up years ago. :notworthy:

Best traiiler. Still weird.. but more hyped. :D Has a few 'spoilers' but I feel like we needed some to ramp up some drama.

Hmm yeah... kinda wish I hadn't watched that one, since now I have some idea of what to expect lol.

Thankfully those "leaks" I read months ago are looking more and more likely to have been BS. Phew!

I really like the Higgs slip wish it was in the CE.. which I'm considering cancelling right now lol I just can't decide if it's worth it. Well let me rephrase that I know it's not worth but l still kinda want it anyway?! I feel if I bail out I'll regret it if I end up loving the game.. I guess I can always ebay it if things go sour.

Reviews are pretty wild.. which was not unexpected at all. Kojima seems to have went against the grain of modern conventions here and rather than bombastic shootbang he's crafted an indie scifi art game about a fedex delivery man.. it's like a weird reboot of The Postman with Costner lol. If this were a movie I feel like journalists wouldn't bat an eye but because Sony have let the dude run wild with this gameplay schematic this is a big shake up to the typical formula applied to practically everything we see in modern AAA videogame development. Some people seem to despise it and that's kind of exciting to me personally. Good or bad, strong reactions are interesting in this strange climate we live in that's weirdly specific to videogames where anything less than 85+ is regarded as avoidable.

The most scathing review's site has been crippled by DDOS attacks lol.

So what are people's thoughts on this so far? I played it for most of yesterday and it's mostly just been lots of cutscenes and walking lol. Looking forward to getting further into it though, and there's no doubt that it's a gorgeous looking game with some impressive mechanics!