Horror-Arrow-Limited Ed Deep Red (aka Profondo Rosso) (Blu-ray + CD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: 25th January 2016
Purchase Links: Arrow Films - Amazon - Zavvi
Price: £17.99 (Arrow Films) - £16.99 (Amazon- Zavvi)

12020005_1057448490955811_4908787152889046572_n.jpg

3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of two versions of the film
- Original Italian Mono audio
- English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
- Limited Edition soundtrack CD
- 6 x postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring two original artworks
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
- Limited Edition booklet featuring new writing on the film by Mikel J. Koven, author of La Dolce Morte: Vernacular Cinema and the Italian Giallo Film and an archive piece by critic Alan Jones, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

DEEP RED: THE DIRECTOR’S CUT (BLU-RAY DISC 1)

- Brand new 4k restoration from the original negative [127 mins]
- Audio Commentary with Argento expert Thomas Rostock
- Introduction to the film by Claudio Simonetti of Goblin
- Profondo Giallo – a brand new visual essay from Michael Mackenzie offering an in-depth look at Dario Argento’s early films and the road to Deep Red
- Rosso Recollections: Dario Argento’s Deep Genius – the Deep Red director on the creation of a giallo masterpiece
- Lady in Red – Daria Nicolodi Remembers Profondo Rosso
- Music to Murder For! – Claudio Simonetti on Deep Red
- Rosso From Celluloid to Shop – a tour of the Profondo Rosso shop in Rome with long time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi
- Italian Trailer

DEEP RED:THE INTERNATIONAL THEATRICAL CUT (BLU-RAY DISC 2) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

- Brand new 4k restoration of the International Version [105 mins]
- US Theatrical Trailer

PROFONDO ROSSO: THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK RECORDING (CD DISC 3) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

- 28-track CD featuring the entire Deep Red film score from Italian progressive rock band Goblin and composer Giorgio Gaslini

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me it's sold out. The Black Cat one I got sold out very quickly and this one has been on the back boiler so long it's had time to sell out. It helps that Black Cats, Videodrome and the other deluxe sets have had rave reviews. It has to be said I have never seen a company turn them selves around in such a short period of time from an OK company to a top company that even puts Criterion to shame. That takes some doing.

It doesn't surprise me it's sold out. The Black Cat one I got sold out very quickly and this one has been on the back boiler so long it's had time to sell out. It helps that Black Cats, Videodrome and the other deluxe sets have had rave reviews. It has to be said I have never seen a company turn them selves around in such a short period of time from an OK company to a top company that even puts Criterion to shame. That takes some doing.

Arrow doesn't mess around. They are the reason I bought a Region Free BR Player AND the cause of me breaking my no double-dipping rule by purchasing this edition of Deep Red!

Dispatched yesterday by Arrow and arrived this morning. I was surprised to see that Arrow hadn't posted any pictures of this on their facebook page, so here are a few I took, I apologize that they are not the best quality, but believe me it is yet another awesome set from Arrow:

Edit: @paulboland Ha, there I was saying I hadn't seen anything from Arrow yet, you just beat me to it!

WP_20160119_047.jpg WP_20160119_051.jpg WP_20160119_055.jpg WP_20160119_097.jpg WP_20160119_076.jpg WP_20160119_079.jpg
WP_20160119_088.jpg WP_20160119_090.jpg WP_20160119_083.jpg WP_20160119_073.jpg

said before and says still page not found. but if it is available, any one living in uk willing to get me one ?

Really late to the party here. I have been focused on steelbook releases and totally missed this. Devastated. Anybody have any suggestions where I could pick this up or would I be best to wait on the 1 disc version released in May?

Really late to the party here. I have been focused on steelbook releases and totally missed this. Devastated. Anybody have any suggestions where I could pick this up or would I be best to wait on the 1 disc version released in May?
The limited edition is sold out a while now has been before release date
You can only get the limited edition from third party sellers on amazonUK and ebay and prices are high

The standard release out in May has Disc 1 from the limited edition

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative
  • Original Italian soundtrack in DTS-HD MA mono 1.0 and lossless DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio, and original English soundtrack in DTS-HD MA mono 1.0
  • English subtitles for the Italian Soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles for the English Soundtrack
  • Audio Commentary with Argento expert Thomas Rostock
  • Introduction to the film by Claudio Simonetti of Goblin
  • Profondo Giallo – a brand new visual essay by Michael Mackenzie featuring an in-depth appreciation of Deep Red, its themes and its legacy
  • Rosso Recollections: Dario Argento’s Deep Genius – the Deep Red director on the creation of a giallo masterpiece
  • The Lady in Red – Daria Nicolodi Remembers Profondo Rosso
  • Music to Murder For! - Claudio Simonetti on Deep Red
  • Profondo Rosso: From Celluloid to Shop – a tour of the Profondo Rosso shop in Rome with long time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi
  • Italian Trailer

Last edited:
Reactions: BluBlazer
The limited edition is sold out a while now has been before release date
You can only get the limited edition from third party sellers on amazonUK and ebay and prices are high

The standard release out in May has Disc 1 from the limited edition

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative
  • Original Italian soundtrack in DTS-HD MA mono 1.0 and lossless DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio, and original English soundtrack in DTS-HD MA mono 1.0
  • English subtitles for the Italian Soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles for the English Soundtrack
  • Audio Commentary with Argento expert Thomas Rostock
  • Introduction to the film by Claudio Simonetti of Goblin
  • Profondo Giallo – a brand new visual essay by Michael Mackenzie featuring an in-depth appreciation of Deep Red, its themes and its legacy
  • Rosso Recollections: Dario Argento’s Deep Genius – the Deep Red director on the creation of a giallo masterpiece
  • The Lady in Red – Daria Nicolodi Remembers Profondo Rosso
  • Music to Murder For! - Claudio Simonetti on Deep Red
  • Profondo Rosso: From Celluloid to Shop – a tour of the Profondo Rosso shop in Rome with long time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi
  • Italian Trailer

That's great. Thanks for the info Paul. I just had a quick look around and the prices are a bit too high for me. But I'll keep an eye out. Once again thanks for the info it's much appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: paulboland