Horror-Arrow-Limited Ed Deep Red (aka Profondo Rosso) (Blu-ray + CD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: 25th January 2016
Purchase Links: Arrow Films - Amazon - Zavvi
Price: £17.99 (Arrow Films) - £16.99 (Amazon- Zavvi)

12020005_1057448490955811_4908787152889046572_n.jpg

3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of two versions of the film
- Original Italian Mono audio
- English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
- Limited Edition soundtrack CD
- 6 x postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring two original artworks
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
- Limited Edition booklet featuring new writing on the film by Mikel J. Koven, author of La Dolce Morte: Vernacular Cinema and the Italian Giallo Film and an archive piece by critic Alan Jones, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

DEEP RED: THE DIRECTOR’S CUT (BLU-RAY DISC 1)

- Brand new 4k restoration from the original negative [127 mins]
- Audio Commentary with Argento expert Thomas Rostock
- Introduction to the film by Claudio Simonetti of Goblin
- Profondo Giallo – a brand new visual essay from Michael Mackenzie offering an in-depth look at Dario Argento’s early films and the road to Deep Red
- Rosso Recollections: Dario Argento’s Deep Genius – the Deep Red director on the creation of a giallo masterpiece
- Lady in Red – Daria Nicolodi Remembers Profondo Rosso
- Music to Murder For! – Claudio Simonetti on Deep Red
- Rosso From Celluloid to Shop – a tour of the Profondo Rosso shop in Rome with long time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi
- Italian Trailer

DEEP RED:THE INTERNATIONAL THEATRICAL CUT (BLU-RAY DISC 2) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

- Brand new 4k restoration of the International Version [105 mins]
- US Theatrical Trailer

PROFONDO ROSSO: THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK RECORDING (CD DISC 3) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

- 28-track CD featuring the entire Deep Red film score from Italian progressive rock band Goblin and composer Giorgio Gaslini

Last edited:
Might have to get this. I have the original slipbox edition, but this is one of the greatest giallo films ever made and the funky Goblin soundtrack makes it worth it imo

***DEEP RED RELEASE DATE UPDATE + SPECS AND ARTWORK REVEAL***
As you may already be aware, we’ve been working on the new 4K restoration for this title. Sadly this work has been hit with a few delays. These delay comes from various factors including re-cutting the short version from the 4K master. With this in mind, this title will now be released on December 7th. On a more positive note, we are pleased to finally reveal the brand new art by Gilles Vranckx and the full specs which are as follows:

3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of two versions of the film
- Original Italian Mono audio
- English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
- Limited Edition soundtrack CD
- 6 x postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring two original artworks
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
- Limited Edition booklet featuring new writing on the film by Mikel J. Koven, author of La Dolce Morte: Vernacular Cinema and the Italian Giallo Film and an archive piece by critic Alan Jones, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

DEEP RED: THE DIRECTOR’S CUT (BLU-RAY DISC 1)

- Brand new 4k restoration from the original negative [127 mins]
- Audio Commentary with Argento expert Thomas Rostock
- Introduction to the film by Claudio Simonetti of Goblin
- Profondo Giallo – a brand new visual essay from Michael Mackenzie offering an in-depth look at Dario Argento’s early films and the road to Deep Red
- Rosso Recollections: Dario Argento’s Deep Genius – the Deep Red director on the creation of a giallo masterpiece
- Lady in Red – Daria Nicolodi Remembers Profondo Rosso
- Music to Murder For! – Claudio Simonetti on Deep Red
- Rosso From Celluloid to Shop – a tour of the Profondo Rosso shop in Rome with long time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi
- Italian Trailer

DEEP RED:THE INTERNATIONAL THEATRICAL CUT (BLU-RAY DISC 2) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

- Brand new 4k restoration of the International Version [105 mins]
- US Theatrical Trailer

PROFONDO ROSSO: THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK RECORDING (CD DISC 3) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

- 28-track CD featuring the entire Deep Red film score from Italian progressive rock band Goblin and composer Giorgio Gaslini

Last edited:
I've pre-ordered via this LINK and Code: WELCOME346 , brings it down to 15,29 GBP :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Do you know if Zavvi ships thick digipack stuff like this in a box? I know their Steelbooks come in form-fitting boxes, but I've ordered a couple of slim digibooks from them before (Delicatessen and Mulholland Dr.), and they were shipped in bubble envelopes and arrived all banged up (naturally).

Do you know if Zavvi ships thick digipack stuff like this in a box? I know their Steelbooks come in form-fitting boxes, but I've ordered a couple of slim digibooks from them before (Delicatessen and Mulholland Dr.), and they were shipped in bubble envelopes and arrived all banged up (naturally).
Zavvi usually send these type of releases in Jiffy bubble envelopes packaging you get lucky or not to arrive with no damage

Its only when its a box set that wont fit in a jiffy packaging they will use a box
You can be 90% sure with this release it will be Jiffy bubble envelope with Zavvi going by the size of this release

This is not a digipack its a standard clear Blu-ray case in a Fullslip with booklet and artcards and poster

• Informative
Reactions: adarkcorner
Zavvi usually send these type of releases in Jiffy bubble envelopes packaging you get lucky or not to arrive with no damage

Its only when its a box set that wont fit in a jiffy packaging they will use a box
You can be 90% sure with this release it will be Jiffy bubble envelope with Zavvi going by the size of this release

This is not a digipack its a standard clear Blu-ray case in a Fullslip with booklet and artcards and poster
View attachment 190137

Damn. Thanks very much for that info. And you're right, I didn't notice that this had an Amaray case--I was thinking it would be similar to the Videodrome, Nekromantik, and Texas Chainsaw 2 packages I have.

Reactions: paulboland
***Limited Edition Update***

We know a lot of you have been asking for updates on various Limited Edition releases so we thought we'd collect them in one handy update:

The Long Good Friday+Mona Lisa 30% remaining
Edgar Allan Poe's Black Cats 40% remaining
Blood Rage 65% remaining
Nekromantik 2 15% remaining
Kiju Yoshida: Love + Anarchism 60% remaining
The Jacques Rivette Collection 60% remaining
Deep Red 25% remaining
Battles Without Honour and Humanity 40% remaining
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls + The Seven Minutes 75% remaining
Nikkatsu Diamond Guys Vol 1 85% remaining
Audition SteelBook 80% remaining
Fassbinder Collection 70% remaining

*** STOCK UPDATE : DEEP RED ***

Our Deep Red Limited Edition set has now sold out via the Arrow Store! Very limited stock is still available with some retailers so do try to act quickly if you are planning to pre-order this one.

Note
Amazon and Zavvi also listed as sold out

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885 and Sigill
I ordered on day 1 to zavvi with 5% code discount and another copy on Amazon.it (it's available yet but I think I'll receive message : dear customer we are very sorry blah blah