Definitive List of SteelBooks Featuring Artwork by Artists Who Have Worked for Mondo

runk0002

Premium Supporter
Jul 1, 2014
Québec, Qc, Canada
Here is the list of all past mondo steelbook releases. Feel free to add those i forgot in the comment section

Mondo x collection:

#000: Drive
m2214452.jpg

#001: Looper (Standard & Variant)
m2215756.jpg
m2215757.jpg

#002: Boyhood (Standard & Variant)
m2215361.jpg
m2215360.jpg

#003: First Blood
m2216171.jpg

#004: Pan's Labyrinth
m2216644.jpg

#005: Dredd 3D
M2216935.jpg

#006: Flash Gordon

#007: Shaun of the Dead

#008: John Carpenter's The Thing

#009: Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Standard & Variant)
m2217263.jpg
m2217264.jpg

#010: Ex Machina
M2217447.jpg

Other SteelBooks not in the Mondo X Collection with artwork from Mondo.

Ender's Game UK
51eEcuGxuzL.jpg

The Raid
raid-steelbook.png

True Detective Season 1
True-Detective-S1-br-uk-steelbook.jpg

Other SteelBooks with Artwork from Artists who have a body of work with Mondo. ie. These aren't Mondo SteelBooks. Credit due to the artist and retailer/studio who commissioned such work.

The Walking Dead Series [UK]
- Jock
the-walking-dead-season-1-2-steelbook-season-3-jumbo-steelbook-entertainment-store-exclusive-uk-hdn-world-original.jpg

The Raid 2 [UK] - Jock
raid-2-paint.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: bonakaze
it's not that hard to find one, you'll be fine :)

This is true. It's just a matter of how much I'm willing to pay to complete the collection. I also just realized that I don't have the Raid or Raid 2 steels. Is it bad that I have so many steelboks that I don't remember which ones I have?

This is true. It's just a matter of how much I'm willing to pay to complete the collection. I also just realized that I don't have the Raid or Raid 2 steels. Is it bad that I have so many steelboks that I don't remember which ones I have?

Depends on what collection you are trying to complete. As that title and others aren't part of the Mondo X SteelBook collection.

Some artists only work with Mondo, but many of their artists do work for anyone willing to pay their asking price. So in actuality you can't really consider some artists work as "Mondo SteelBooks". It's just we recognize them more for their work with Mondo. Which speaks highly of their body of work with Mondo and their great choice of talent and properties.

But in a simple way to look at it .... if tomorrow you hired Jock to do art for a SteelBook ... that doesn't mean its a Mondo SteelBook. So while The Raid 1 and 2 UK and The Walking Dead steels UK are all by Jock that doesn't make them all Mondo SteelBooks. The Raid 1 features art on the Vinyl and The Raid Germany however happens to use the same art that Mondo had on their print so that makes those feel more like ones from Mondo. Just like Enders Game. Where as The Walking Dead steels are art by Jock but not featured on any Mondo Prints.

Last edited:
I've changed the name of the thread, it's a bit of a mouthful but its the only way this thread will make accurate sense.

Edited OP too.

Last edited:
Reactions: runk0002 and dfoles
I've changed the name of the thread, it's a bit of a mouthful but its the only way this thread will make accurate sense.

Edited OP too.
Just 'a bit of a mouthful'? LOL :cautious::p
But it makes perfect sense now

No, not at all. Almost all steelbook collectors with that many can relate to that. I could say the same thing for my slipcover collection. I pick them up for cheap so I don't really care even when I buy movies I have never heard of.

I see on the WBshop site that Mondo is doing the art for the Rush Hour trilogy....not sure if it is a steelbook yet.