Definitive List of SteelBooks Featuring Artwork by Artists Who Have Worked for Mondo

runk0002

Premium Supporter
Jul 1, 2014
Québec, Qc, Canada
Here is the list of all past mondo steelbook releases. Feel free to add those i forgot in the comment section

Mondo x collection:

#000: Drive
m2214452.jpg

#001: Looper (Standard & Variant)
m2215756.jpg
m2215757.jpg

#002: Boyhood (Standard & Variant)
m2215361.jpg
m2215360.jpg

#003: First Blood
m2216171.jpg

#004: Pan's Labyrinth
m2216644.jpg

#005: Dredd 3D
M2216935.jpg

#006: Flash Gordon

#007: Shaun of the Dead

#008: John Carpenter's The Thing

#009: Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Standard & Variant)
m2217263.jpg
m2217264.jpg

#010: Ex Machina
M2217447.jpg

Other SteelBooks not in the Mondo X Collection with artwork from Mondo.

Ender's Game UK
51eEcuGxuzL.jpg

The Raid
raid-steelbook.png

True Detective Season 1
True-Detective-S1-br-uk-steelbook.jpg

Other SteelBooks with Artwork from Artists who have a body of work with Mondo. ie. These aren't Mondo SteelBooks. Credit due to the artist and retailer/studio who commissioned such work.

The Walking Dead Series [UK]
- Jock
the-walking-dead-season-1-2-steelbook-season-3-jumbo-steelbook-entertainment-store-exclusive-uk-hdn-world-original.jpg

The Raid 2 [UK] - Jock
raid-2-paint.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: bonakaze
@justboy Thanks, im just waiting for condirmation to delete or add new one... also, im typing steelbook mondo, and those one appear..
im not pro in mondo universe but i know i can upadte the op to make it the most accurate

@justboy Thanks, im just waiting for condirmation to delete or add new one... also, im typing steelbook mondo, and those one appear..
im not pro in mondo universe but i know i can upadte the op to make it the most accurate

If in doubt you can check the archive on the mondo website of all their releases.
They have some pretty impressive designs!

It seems to be a common misperception, probably due to a lot of eBay listings for the HMV release stating that it's Mondo.

Though I believe they're all by artists who do Mondo prints.
I know Jock did The Losers and Sharknado was done for Gallery 1988. A lot of artists do work for different companies. I don't think we should class them as Mondo unless they are an official Mondo release though.

The Artists ARE mondo... so if they do commission for others, we can say it from mondo's artist.. right ?
The artists are from Mondo but they also work for many different places. To label it as a Mondo Steelbook because they occasionally do Mondo artwork isn't right IMO. You could have a different section or say designed by a Mondo artist though.

Reactions: svenning
there is already another thread about this. The Raid 2 is not Mondo art.

There are 4 steelbooks with Mondo art that aren't in the X Line. They are:

The Raid (UK)
The Raid (DE)
Ender's Game (UK)
True Detective Season 1

full

This is it, guys. Looper (UK), The Last Stand, Sharknado, etc., etc., are not Mondo artwork. It's the steelbooks pictured and that's it.

Last edited: