Demolition - In theaters April 8, 2016

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Demolition (2016)

Tagline: Life: Some disassembly required.

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jean-Marc Vallée[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Jake Gyllenhaal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Cooper[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Naomi Watts[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Heather Lind[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-04-08[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]100[/RUNTIME]

Plot: An emotionally desperate investment banker finds hope through a woman he meets in Chicago.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
mBHYoXSCAV9YXTh1ZxLeShtdJse.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Jake is an amazing actor so I'm definitely gonna check out this movie. His acting always feels...100% :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Er..... All over this.
He's one one my favourite actors, barley makes a sh*t film (I'll let prince of Persia slide) and this looks great.
Loving his choices in roles/ films the last few year

Good director too so should be in for a win

Reactions: Noodles
Er..... All over this.
He's one one my favourite actors, barley makes a sh*t film (I'll let prince of Persia slide) and this looks great.
Loving his choices in roles/ films the last few year

Good director too so should be in for a win
It may not be a great movie but it is one of the better "game-to-film" adaptations around. And Jake obviously got into the role 100%. And I love his choices in recent years as well. I would place Enemy in top 3 of past decade (may be even all time). I think he learned a lesson after PoP. :LOL:

Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
It may not be a great movie but it is one of the better "game-to-film" adaptations around. And Jake obviously got into the role 100%. And I love his choices in recent years as well. I would place Enemy in top 3 of past decade (may be even all time). I think he learned a lesson after PoP. :LOL:

Okay fair enough

Yeah enemy is great.
Nightcrawler for me as a whole and loved him in prisoners, end of watch, zodiac and brothers and aswel as enemy, also all those films are fantastic with zodiac probaly just under nightcrawler

Yep, definitely in for this! Gyllenhaal is on the same level as DiCaprio IMO... they both get into their roles 110%. As for Enemy... couldn't agree more! :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
Yep, definitely in for this! Gyllenhaal is on the same level as DiCaprio IMO... they both get into their roles 110%. As for Enemy... couldn't agree more! :thumbs:

Yeah definately my favourite two actors of the younger wave (well the next wave of de niros and Brandos etc), thinks it's because they can do all types (even comedy roles). Big fan of Sam Rockwell and Joaquin pheonix too

Reactions: Noodles
Yeah definately my favourite two actors of the younger wave (well the next wave of de niros and Brandos etc), thinks it's because they can do all types (even comedy roles). Big fan of Sam Rockwell and Joaquin pheonix too
Rockwell and Pheonix are great! I realise he's older, but McConaughey is now a favourite of mine too... never imagined I'd be saying that 5 years ago lol.

Reactions: Flloydo
Okay fair enough

Yeah enemy is great.
Nightcrawler for me as a whole and loved him in prisoners, end of watch, zodiac and brothers and aswel as enemy, also all those films are fantastic with zodiac probaly just under nightcrawler
I have yet to watch Zodiac and Brothers. Loved Nightcrawler as well. Probably my second favorite Jake movie. Sadly there are no good premium editions for Prisoners or End of Watch. I know these are more "serious" movies but imo, these movies beg to be rewatched. I know many would disagree :LOL:

Funny I was thinking the same. Jake is worthy of Oscar but I don't think he should receive it now. He needs to push his limits further. DiCaprio's Oscar is way overdue though.
I believe Tom Hiddleston has potential to be better but for some reason his movies doesn't require him to push his limits. May be he just makes safe bets?