[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Demonic (2021)

Genre: Horror

Director: Neill Blomkamp

Cast: Carly Pope, Chris William Martin, Michael J Rogers, Nathalie Boltt, Kandyse McClure, Terry Chen, Jason Tremblay, Quinton Boisclair, Andrea Agur, Mavourneen Varcoe-Ryan, Cassidy Wheatcroft, Derek Versteeg, Chris Froese

Release: 2021-07-29

Runtime: 104

Plot: A young woman unleashes terrifying demons when supernatural forces at the root of a decades-old rift between mother and daughter are ruthlessly revealed.

First thought it´s this one, but it´s from 2015
71yHa+PfZpL._SL1240_.jpg

Reactions: Space Cadet
That cover fits this movie too. :LOL:

Don't directors or producers check if movie with the same name exists already ? I mean easy to do and make new one more original than ... another "demonic" movie.
Probably not many people know the 2015-one, because it is not the best horror movie, although the cast with Maria Bello and Frank Grillo isn´t that bad. You will not miss anything, if you didn´t watch it. The best is the steelbook, that actually looks great.
So it´s ok that the new movie has the same name, but now it has to deliver.

I'm so in for this! I love District 9, enjoyed Elysium, and was slightly disappointed by Chappie (I mean, really, it's just a 2-hour Die Antwoord music video), but Blomkamp blew me away with his Oats Studios shorts, especially Zygote. With those shorts, he proved that he would be great with horror, so I'm very excited for this!

Yep.
YEP.

All in for this. Blomkamp is always an interesting director, there is nothing he's done that I haven't been entertained by & him delving more in to horror is just ticking all my boxes.
On top of that, I have had a massive soft spot for Carly Pope since Popular back in 1999, so I'm even more on board.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database