paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 22, 2021
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £50.00 (Arrow) - £53.99 (Amazon) - £44.99 (Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: UHD only does not include Blu-ray

96e8a438-8481-4907-a99c-2910a607f9fc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut
Watching this now. So far the Picture quality is amazing. You really cannot tell this is a 80's movie. I wish the packaging was different though, like how they did with the Tremors & Crash releases. Oh well. Still like it though. The movie is great as well, the first time I've seen it.
I gotta be honest but I prefer the 80s horror left as they are picture wise, it takes away part of the feel for me.

just ended up going for the Blu-ray release because of this reason and I already have them both from earlier Arrow releases so this will probably just stay sealed for awhile :rofl:

yeah it’s a shame that they didn’t just go with the Slipbox style packaging with this and not the Oldboy style one. How does the packaging feel?

Reactions: nutcaseshy
I gotta be honest but I prefer the 80s horror left as they are picture wise, it takes away part of the feel for me.

just ended up going for the Blu-ray release because of this reason and I already have them both from earlier Arrow releases so this will probably just stay sealed for awhile :rofl:

yeah it’s a shame that they didn’t just go with the Slipbox style packaging with this and not the Oldboy style one. How does the packaging feel?

I actually agree with this. I was just saying the picture was really clear. That's what I liked about both of The Evil Dead 4K releases, as they felt like 80's movies, while the picture quality still being great.

The packaging still feels and looks great, but I like keeping the info cards attached, and it can be quite cumbersome to keep taking it off to open up the packaging, but I will get used to it.

Reactions: Robles
While I'm great fan of the 2nd golden age of sci-fi and horror the 80's, I have never heard of these two films. Since I'm not a fan of the Evil Dead or films like that i'll give it a miss

I actually agree with this. I was just saying the picture was really clear. That's what I liked about both of The Evil Dead 4K releases, as they felt like 80's movies, while the picture quality still being great.

The packaging still feels and looks great, but I like keeping the info cards attached, and it can be quite cumbersome to keep taking it off to open up the packaging, but I will get used to it.
I have the recent 4k Evil dead release but haven't given it a watch yet and tbh that was one of the things I thought might ruin it for me with the picture being too good if you get what I mean :wow: :LOL:

I assume it feels like the Oldboy release which was a pretty nice package overall, just a shame that it doesn't sort of go with the others. I have a feeling that Arrow will do more and more of this style of packaging in the future. Either way, I don't really mind as their packages are always top-notch :thumbs::D

Mine is on the way from HMV. Watched the unboxing videos and i absolutely love what Arrow have done presentation wise!

Also, really hope that included poster card for Children of the Corn (1984) means we're getting a 4k special edition

Reactions: Robles
Dont think i will order from UK anymore... Too bad as i used to buy/pre-order a lots stuff... But this is simply no can do. Of course this is one of the worse exemples, since it is just a bit above the limit, but not enough so that you dont feel the administrative costs. But around 50£ is a standard price for many things i order.
My demons boxset arrived : 52£ shipping included from Arrow have to pay 32£ customs.

Last edited:
Reactions: sinusR2
Dont think i will order from UK anymore... Too bad as i used to buy/pre-order a lots stuff... But this is simply no can do. Of course this is one of the worse exemples, since it is just a bit above the limit, but not enough so that you dont feel the administrative costs. But around 50£ is a standard price for many things i order.
My demons boxset arrived : 52£ shipping included from Arrow have to pay 32£ customs.
Amazon is definitely the way to go going forward. I ordered the 4K from Amazon, came to £54.44 including shipping & their import fee deposit.
Dropped in the door yesterday morning, no extra charges.

The only issue with Amazon right now is that they don't have all titles available to preorder till sometime within a week of release date.

Amazon is definitely the way to go going forward. I ordered the 4K from Amazon, came to £54.44 including shipping & their import fee deposit.
Dropped in the door yesterday morning, no extra charges.

The only issue with Amazon right now is that they don't have all titles available to preorder till sometime within a week of release date.

@Strangerbyday How come amazon is different ? I mean, it is based on the item price...
I tried to add a 54£ value item in my cart and indeed i'm getting around 20£ costs with the import deposit fees, So, better but still very expensive. Thanks for the info, but as you mentioned too, the problem is the pre-order items and their availability
There is also another possibility, to order from other amazon websites, i sometimes do it for UK releases, sometimes cheaper and they even got stock for OOS amazon UK titles. I ordered the bloody terror boxset from Indicator for 36£ last week from amazon italy.
but there again, the question is : stock availability...

Last edited:
Reactions: sinusR2
@paulboland I have quite an issue

A friend was able to order a copy of this off zavveh, they sent 3 email in 3 days saying that payment wasn't gone, now he loaded money but zavveh isn't doing nothing. What would you say?

Do they send out a confirmation email? I sent all the information for the replacement disc a couple weeks back and have not heard back from them.

Do they send out a confirmation email? I sent all the information for the replacement disc a couple weeks back and have not heard back from them.
Some customers will not receive confirmation email

See post #33
It says they will not be able to confirm receipt of each email individually
You will though get an email when your replacement disc has been shipped

Note there was an issue with some customers getting Blu-ray disc instead of 4K UHD disc
They had to resend to those customers affected this caused a delay in shipping for other customers.

When you do get shipping email allow 2 weeks If you based in UK and 4 weeks if you based outside UK

Got my replacement disc yesterday. And luckily they sent me the right 4K disc. I was kind of expecting them to send me the standard Blu-ray.