Spain
Release Date: March 8th, 2019
Price: 69,99€
Purchase Links: amazon France : PS4 - Xbox One

81THly4kJML._SL1500_.jpg
devil-may-cry-5-photo-5c3e15c1285b6.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Dexter Skelter
Oh god! That steel looks good. Would've preferred Dante in the middle tho.

Yeah I know, we've wanted DMC/Dante back for years especially after the reboot ruined his character yet they decide to put a focus on Nero who isn't as well liked compared to Dante. Least they could do is put the main man, the face of DMC in the middle so he looks like the leading man he is.

• Thanks
Reactions: Alf_1
Yeah I know, we've wanted DMC/Dante back for years especially after the reboot ruined his character yet they decide to put a focus on Nero who isn't as well liked compared to Dante. Least they could do is put the main man, the face of DMC in the middle so he looks like the leading man he is.
Yea, no respect for the OG. I wonder if the whole game can be played with Dante in NG+ mode or something.

Yea, no respect for the OG. I wonder if the whole game can be played with Dante in NG+ mode or something.

I need the HighdefNinja comminitites advice please.... If I already bought the collector edition Devil May cry 5 that comes with the Replica Van, but unfortunately comes with the regular Plastic case instead of the steel which is bull crap and was wondering if I pre order the France Amazon Steelbook, will they ship to America?

Also, if I got the US collector for the Xbox if I get this France Steelbook should I get it for the PS4 as I have that console as well?

Or should I order the Steelbook for Xbox but not sure it makes sense to have 2 Xbox copies and if you were me buying both these items, would you stick with the Xbox steel even though I have the plastic collector on deck or Would you get the steel for PS 4 so I have it on both systems... The thing is though I want to keep 5e Xbox disc in the Steelbook ...

Arrrrgh why couldn’t they just include the Steelbook with the collector edition?? CAPCOM YOU SUCK for putting a plastic case in the COLLECTOR EDITION!

I need the HighdefNinja comminitites advice please.... If I already bought the collector edition Devil May cry 5 that comes with the Replica Van, but unfortunately comes with the regular Plastic case instead of the steel which is bull crap and was wondering if I pre order the France Amazon Steelbook, will they ship to America?

Also, if I got the US collector for the Xbox if I get this France Steelbook should I get it for the PS4 as I have that console as well?

Or should I order the Steelbook for Xbox but not sure it makes sense to have 2 Xbox copies and if you were me buying both these items, would you stick with the Xbox steel even though I have the plastic collector on deck or Would you get the steel for PS 4 so I have it on both systems... The thing is though I want to keep 5e Xbox disc in the Steelbook ...

Arrrrgh why couldn’t they just include the Steelbook with the collector edition?? CAPCOM YOU SUCK for putting a plastic case in the COLLECTOR EDITION!

Companies that don't put Steelbooks in collectors editions are massive pricks at the end of the day

You put a steelbook inside and you also make it look better the artwork on the standard box. Not a hard thing to do when people are paying extra for a bigger edition.

• Thanks

Well, I only got Playstation so that'd make my decision easier. Haha.
But if i owned both systems, I would most likely get one for each system instead of 2 copies for 1 system.

However, if i didnt own both systems AND I wanted the steelbook + the collector edition, then I would buy the replica Van edition first to play and then find the steelbook alone later second hand/used. Either on eBay or local classifieds and then add that to the collector edition and sell/throw away the plastic case. Or keep it, whatever floats your boat. Also, if I'm not gonna keep the plastic case then to save some money I would specifically look for the steelbook without the game. :)

Also, to answer your question, yes, Amazon FR will ship to US. But why are you ordering from there? The steelbook is not being released locally?

Thanks for your advice..

No, unfortunately Capcom is screwing the US and will have no Steelbook release at all. You want to know what is even more messed up...

Gamestop an American based company is offering the Deluxe edition, but with the standard plastic case and can you believe the same company Gamestop in Ireland is selling the same exact Deluxe Edition, but it is including the steelbook for the same price as the Plastic Deluxe here in the states...

I cant believe a company has ONE NAME, but will choose to operate differently in other regions... So Good old Gamestop will only release the steelbook Deluxe only in Ireland when they have stores in many countries.

The US is getting no steelbook versions at all...
So far, there is a Japan version of this steelbook and then the France Edition which is what Gamestop Ireland is getting. Both steelbook versions are not available here and Capcom can suck it!!!!!

What is even worse the UK stores are giving this steelbook away free as a pre order bonus and people from there are now selling it on ebay with no game for $65US... So for me to buy the France steelbook that has the game inside it comes to around the same price as the ebay listing that doesnt include the game.

Companies don’t realize when you give a pre-order bonus steel book free to just one region like they are doing then most those people will just put them on eBay and sell at a high inflated cost to capitalize on the other regions that didn’t get the steel book. Thats another reason why companies need to release the steel books equally around the world! EQUAL PRODUCTS for a worldwide community will help get the products to fans instead of more Scalpers.

To the CEO’s of these companies BAD KARMA is coming for you!

I don’t understand why GAME companies don’t understand all gamers want the same items for the most part and all fans of this game would like a steelbook... I dont know why Gamestop Ireland is so special to get the steel, but no other Gamestops will...

If that steelbook was being released to the states im sure pre orders would be sold out, but instead its still available to pre order in Ireland since the demand is not as high and the dumbest decision these companies can make.. Its like they are trying to lose their customers on purpose it seems.

Unfortunately, Gamestop are pricks not allowing me to even buy it off the Gamestop Ireland site to import it... They region lock their items so that you cant easily pay and import it...

These companies truly suck to not take first come first serve and allow people to import it! Companies that do not allow you to import it in a worldwide community will be their downfall!

Trust me, if I could get any version steelbook of this game in the states I would, but unfortunately my only options are to import it since there is no steelbook release at all over here for one of Capcoms biggest Franchises just mind boggles me. (smh)

These companies need to just release the same steelbook worldwide for these popular games and stop locking things to a specific region....

This is not the 80’s anymore, companies and once we are more connected to other parts of the world we really get to see how much the game companies neglect a certain area.... All game companies FIRE YOUR MARKETING TEAMS, YOU ALL SUCK AND HAVE NO HEART!

RELEASE EQUAL PRODUCTS FOR YOUR GAMES WORLDWIDE!

Last edited:
Hey same deal happened with RE2.. US got a steelbook deluxe edition and the UK didn't get a physical deluxe edition at all. It's Capcom's fault they're the ones setting things up like this for some reason or another. All I can say is if you're not happy about wait until you can get it cheaper on sale because they always end up making too many of these things anyway. Or don't give them your money at all for this sort of practise. I seem to recall the CE of RE7 didn't even come with a physical copy of the game lol.

Played the demoa bunch and quite like it. Nero as the lead again doesn't really bother me.. the RE engine faces bother me more lol.

I tried to Pre order this Devil May Cry 5 Steelbook on Amazon France, but unfortunately they will not ship to the US for this steelbook.... HEY CAPCOM, THIS ISNT the 1990’s anymore!!!! STOP REGION LOCKING YOUR FREAKIN PRODUCTS!!!!!!

To Amazon France & Capcom YOU SUCK FOR NOT ALLOWING FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BUSINESS BY ALLOWING CUSTOMERS that want to import it without any restrictions!

Especially, when it’s not sold out and still available ... The demand in France for this steelbook in not as high as NA and the reason its still not sold out on Amazon France so close to the release date. If this steel book was up for pre-order here in the states the pre-orders would be long sold out now that we are even closer to the release date, but clearly Amazon as well as Capcom don’t truly care about all their fans equally; so Capcom..... FU!

Not only is it messed up that no steelbook is coming to NA at all; It is the fact that there Are 2 versions of steelbooks being made which I can get over NA not having any steel version, but to not even allow me to import it to the states is what is super messed up!!!!

All Capcom customers should be looked at as equals and whoevers money talks first should be able to buy it no matter the location... It will just sit on Amazon France website until some scalpers realize, snatch them up and say FU to the fan that will have to buy it from an ebay scalper. Studios that dont allow there steelbook, the packaging for GOD SAKE NOT ALLOWED TO BE IMPORTED IS RIDICULOUS!!!

Did Yoy know Amazon France will not even allow me to import the EMPTY Anthem Steelbook that has no game inside and is like $15 or some low price, but it says they will not ship it to the US... What is it with companies region locking art packaging like an empty steelbook??

Meanwhile, a company like Shopto I can Import the Devil May Cry Lenticular sleeve edition as well as other steels I can import from Amazon Italy like How to Train your Dragon 3 steel.. Its the dumbest reasoning that Capcom and Amazon will allow ceratain items to be imported, but then for others not allow it and in today’s worldwide community it all needs to be region free items to import!

IF FRANCE WANTED THIS STEELBOOK the largest retailer in the world AMAZON would be sold out of the pre orders by now, but obviously the demand is not high in France and a good reason NOT TO GIVE AMAZON EXLCUSIVE rights to just sell it on AMAZON FRANCE locally ... You companies don’t deserve the publics business! You are WHACK!

Last edited:
I tried to Pre order this Devil May Cry 5 Steelbook on Amazon France, but unfortunately they will not ship to the US for this steelbook.... HEY CAPCOM, THIS ISNT the 1990’s anymore!!!! STOP REGION LOCKING YOUR FREAKIN PRODUCTS!!!!!!

To Amazon France & Capcom YOU SUCK FOR NOT ALLOWING FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BUSINESS BY ALLOWING CUSTOMERS that want to import it without any restrictions!

Especially, when it’s not sold out and still available ... The demand in France for this steelbook in not as high as NA and the reason its still not sold out on Amazon France so close to the release date. If this steel book was up for pre-order here in the states the pre-orders would be long sold out now that we are even closer to the release date, but clearly Amazon as well as Capcom don’t truly care about all their fans equally; so Capcom..... FU!

Not only is it messed up that no steelbook is coming to NA at all; It is the fact that there Are 2 versions of steelbooks being made which I can get over NA not having any steel version, but to not even allow me to import it to the states is what is super messed up!!!!

All Capcom customers should be looked at as equals and whoevers money talks first should be able to buy it no matter the location... It will just sit on Amazon France website until some scalpers realize, snatch them up and say FU to the fan that will have to buy it from an ebay scalper. Studios that dont allow there steelbook, the packaging for GOD SAKE NOT ALLOWED TO BE IMPORTED IS RIDICULOUS!!!

Did Yoy know Amazon France will not even allow me to import the EMPTY Anthem Steelbook that has no game inside and is like $15 or some low price, but it says they will not ship it to the US... What is it with companies region locking art packaging like an empty steelbook??

Meanwhile, a company like Shopto I can Import the Devil May Cry Lenticular sleeve edition as well as other steels I can import from Amazon Italy like How to Train your Dragon 3 steel.. Its the dumbest reasoning that Capcom and Amazon will allow ceratain items to be imported, but then for others not allow it and in today’s worldwide community it all needs to be region free items to import!

IF FRANCE WANTED THIS STEELBOOK the largest retailer in the world AMAZON would be sold out of the pre orders by now, but obviously the demand is not high in France and a good reason NOT TO GIVE AMAZON EXLCUSIVE rights to just sell it on AMAZON FRANCE locally ... You companies don’t deserve the publics business! You are WHACK!

I live in the US and I was able to preorder the PS4 version. I just tried it again now and it’s allowing me to get to the checkout page. I did it through the amazon app.

I live in the US and I was able to preorder the PS4 version. I just tried it again now and it’s allowing me to get to the checkout page. I did it through the amazon app.

Hi daczap,

I have the app and am wondering how you got to the France product page for Devil May Cry steelbook through the app?

All I see are the seletions for the US inventory like the collector edition, but I cant get to the steelbook page through the app. Please, let me know how to access the France site with the app.

Thanks

UPDATE: I just found it with the app and got to France, but it still says it does not ship to the US.. I didnt try to place the order since in Red it says when translating they do not ship this item to the US. Should I try to place order even though it says that in Red. Dont you see that on yours as well?

“Ce vendeur ne peut pas expédier l’article sélectionné aux États-Unis. En savoir plus
Expédié et vendu par Amazon. Emballage cadeau disponible.”

“This seller can not ship the selected item to the United States. Learn more
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift wrap available.”

qqv02u.png

Last edited:
Hi daczap,

I have the app and am wondering how you got to the France product page for Devil May Cry steelbook through the app?

All I see are the seletions for the US inventory like the collector edition, but I cant get to the steelbook page through the app. Please, let me know how to access the France site with the app.

Thanks

UPDATE: I just found it with the app and got to France, but it still says it does not ship to the US.. I didnt try to place the order since in Red it says when translating they do not ship this item to the US. Should I try to place order even though it says that in Red. Dont you see that on yours as well?

“Ce vendeur ne peut pas expédier l’article sélectionné aux États-Unis. En savoir plus
Expédié et vendu par Amazon. Emballage cadeau disponible.”

“This seller can not ship the selected item to the United States. Learn more
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift wrap available.”

qqv02u.png

It does say that it won’t ship to the US but it allowed me to add it to my cart and complete the order.

It does say that it won’t ship to the US but it allowed me to add it to my cart and complete the order.

Lol.. Same here... I just went through and placed the order and it successfully went through. Now we wait and see if they will ship it since the order went through. I hope they honor it and don’t cancel. Amazon is notorious for making mess ups with pre-orders and then cancel orders to cover their mistake. I dont see any reason why they wouldn't ship it though as It allowed me to place the order.

I wonder why it says it wont ship to the US though?

The only difference from the US Deluxe versus the France is just the steelbook so hopefully its not an issue to import some cool art work that Capcom decided to neglect US fans and make us have to put in Maximum Effort to obtain a steelbook version of this game.

Thanks for your advice..

No, unfortunately Capcom is screwing the US and will have no Steelbook release at all. You want to know what is even more messed up...

Gamestop an American based company is offering the Deluxe edition, but with the standard plastic case and can you believe the same company Gamestop in Ireland is selling the same exact Deluxe Edition, but it is including the steelbook for the same price as the Plastic Deluxe here in the states...

I cant believe a company has ONE NAME, but will choose to operate differently in other regions... So Good old Gamestop will only release the steelbook Deluxe only in Ireland when they have stores in many countries.

The US is getting no steelbook versions at all...
So far, there is a Japan version of this steelbook and then the France Edition which is what Gamestop Ireland is getting. Both steelbook versions are not available here and Capcom can suck it!!!!!

What is even worse the UK stores are giving this steelbook away free as a pre order bonus and people from there are now selling it on ebay with no game for $65US... So for me to buy the France steelbook that has the game inside it comes to around the same price as the ebay listing that doesnt include the game.

Companies don’t realize when you give a pre-order bonus steel book free to just one region like they are doing then most those people will just put them on eBay and sell at a high inflated cost to capitalize on the other regions that didn’t get the steel book. Thats another reason why companies need to release the steel books equally around the world! EQUAL PRODUCTS for a worldwide community will help get the products to fans instead of more Scalpers.

To the CEO’s of these companies BAD KARMA is coming for you!

I don’t understand why GAME companies don’t understand all gamers want the same items for the most part and all fans of this game would like a steelbook... I dont know why Gamestop Ireland is so special to get the steel, but no other Gamestops will...

If that steelbook was being released to the states im sure pre orders would be sold out, but instead its still available to pre order in Ireland since the demand is not as high and the dumbest decision these companies can make.. Its like they are trying to lose their customers on purpose it seems.

Unfortunately, Gamestop are pricks not allowing me to even buy it off the Gamestop Ireland site to import it... They region lock their items so that you cant easily pay and import it...

These companies truly suck to not take first come first serve and allow people to import it! Companies that do not allow you to import it in a worldwide community will be their downfall!

Trust me, if I could get any version steelbook of this game in the states I would, but unfortunately my only options are to import it since there is no steelbook release at all over here for one of Capcoms biggest Franchises just mind boggles me. (smh)

These companies need to just release the same steelbook worldwide for these popular games and stop locking things to a specific region....

This is not the 80’s anymore, companies and once we are more connected to other parts of the world we really get to see how much the game companies neglect a certain area.... All game companies FIRE YOUR MARKETING TEAMS, YOU ALL SUCK AND HAVE NO HEART!

RELEASE EQUAL PRODUCTS FOR YOUR GAMES WORLDWIDE!
All i can say is vote with your wallet. I know it's hard when you are a fan but that's the only way.

Let me help you understand it. It's simple really. They are a company, and they want to make money off their customers. Practices like this should clearly tell you they are not in this business to cater to the gamers. Whatever they think will bring them money, they will do. Latest example...Anthem. Need I say more?

And no, it's not the 80s anymore but most likely the heads of these companies are people who grew up in the 80s. Their way of thinking is different. They need to get up to date with this generation or like you said, this will be their downfall. Look how fast EA is falling with each title they release.

But yea, your stress is not worth spending on these people. Most companies have no loyalty towards their customers. So again, vote with your wallet. That's what i do, and sure, I might have missed one or two items but at least I know i didnt support bs like this.

Hi Ninjas!

My Amazon France Devil May Cry 5 steelbook has arrived today and before opening it I have a question to anyone that knows. I notice the J-Card or back of Slip cover is all in France which does not bother me since the steelbook itself has no text and the Spine Title is in English. My question is, is for the game itself. Will the in game voices be in FRENCH or subtitles at the bottom? I prefer to play this game with English Voice and NO subtitles or Japanese voices with English Subtitles and would like to know if thats possible with this France Steelbook version?

Still (SMH) that Capcom didnt release this steelbook to the US and SHAME on them!... Anyway, its here and the packaging is amazing. I Love the slip cover! Just not sure to open it as I want to play this Deluxe version with The English voices and I know the store GAME had this same steelbook with English text packaging, but they would not ship this to me. So I was forced toget this France version which IM not happy this was the only way for me to get it at retail.

Capcom is the worst at releasing their products... WE SEE YOU CAPCOM; what is being released in the rest of the WORLD and we are not laughing! RELEASE EQUAL PRODUCTS PACKAGING WORLDWIDE in a WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY. Game Companies need to understand with the expansion of the internet they cant hide their better versions to one region. THIS NEEDS TO STOP and if anyone can get trhough to Capcoms Head Quarters since they never answer the phone please, let me know how I can contact them to tell there blind selves whats up!

Thanks

Hi Ninjas!

My Amazon France Devil May Cry 5 steelbook has arrived today and before opening it I have a question to anyone that knows. I notice the J-Card or back of Slip cover is all in France which does not bother me since the steelbook itself has no text and the Spine Title is in English. My question is, is for the game itself. Will the in game voices be in FRENCH or subtitles at the bottom? I prefer to play this game with English Voice and NO subtitles or Japanese voices with English Subtitles and would like to know if thats possible with this France Steelbook version?

Still (SMH) that Capcom didnt release this steelbook to the US and SHAME on them!... Anyway, its here and the packaging is amazing. I Love the slip cover! Just not sure to open it as I want to play this Deluxe version with The English voices and I know the store GAME had this same steelbook with English text packaging, but they would not ship this to me. So I was forced toget this France version which IM not happy this was the only way for me to get it at retail.

Capcom is the worst at releasing their products... WE SEE YOU CAPCOM; what is being released in the rest of the WORLD and we are not laughing! RELEASE EQUAL PRODUCTS PACKAGING WORLDWIDE in a WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY. Game Companies need to understand with the expansion of the internet they cant hide their better versions to one region. THIS NEEDS TO STOP and if anyone can get trhough to Capcoms Head Quarters since they never answer the phone please, let me know how I can contact them to tell there blind selves whats up!

Thanks

Hello,
You can only choose english or japanese.No french version on it.
For the subtitles, you can remove them or put english/french/italian/german and more.